• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Itsuo

Reaction score
How long does it take to have a personal last made by SC? I’m also curious how long it would take for a MTO pair of shoes to be made on your personal last after that point.

If you can get fitted in person then the last can be made shortly thereafter. This is a video showing a personal last being made. Last Customizing

My pairs took almost exactly two months to arrive.

cliffordcaucus

Reaction score
If you can get fitted in person then the last can be made shortly thereafter. This is a video showing a personal last being made. Last Customizing

My pairs took almost exactly two months to arrive.

That’s great timing compared to other MTOs that I expected to take longer than advertised. I’ll have to look into get a personalized last soon

ryanluo23

Reaction score
Hi Saints

I was wondering does anyone have live photos of these boots?
Material says 606 CRU and 075 RUS - both are brown variations but the promo photo looks reddish

any assistance is much appreciated

Ryan

jcnst12

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for a classic look...drooling over these. St. Crispin's classic last is timeless and absolutely gorgeous, IMO. StCs are totally out of my league!
smile.gif

Hats off to LeatherFoot for offering such great styles!
Hi, I know this is an old post but wanted to check and see if you can confirm what color brown were these shoes? CRU 606?

Itsuo

Reaction score

JayBreezy99

Reaction score
Has anyone ever ordered shoes (rtw) from Michael Jondrial? I believe they are based out of Germany. If so, how was the shipping service?

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever ordered shoes (rtw) from Michael Jondrial? I believe they are based out of Germany. If so, how was the shipping service?
I ordered a couple of times to Boston. I believe shipping was something like 3 days. At the time, they used DHL. If your order is over $800, expect to pay the extra 20% duties before the item arrives.

JayBreezy99

Reaction score
Thanks! I forgot about the import/duties. I’m used to skoatiebolaget and not paying those import/duties (that I’m aware of)

I ordered a couple of times to Boston. I believe shipping was something like 3 days. At the time, they used DHL. If your order is over $800, expect to pay the extra 20% duties before the item arrives.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5X4QSSW.jpg

Just an appreciation post for my Mod. 505s in CRU 058. These have just gotten so comfortable and I'm surprised how much I pull them out -- I didn't think I would wear navy shoes so much!

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was not aware that skoak pays duties.

They did not seem to do that for a couple pairs I order on sale a while back,

I've never paid any import duties on any of my skoak pairs (4 pairs of G&G over $800, 3 pairs of St. C, and a couple Bonafé MTOs). Maybe I've just gotten lucky...

cliffordcaucus

Reaction score
Import duties are based on the cost of the shoes trigging some percentage of import duties, the medium used to order the shoes, and finally what that shoe maker reports the cost of the shoes to be. A ~$900 USD pair of Saint Crispins from Skoaktiebolaget cost me another $80 USD in import duties. Buying straight from Saint Crispins triggered import duties of a similar amount. Though a more expensive pair of shoes from a seperate entity cost me nothing more, probably because they were reported at a cost below the customs threshold. Purchasing shoes from a webshop with some notoriety, rather than directly purchasing your goods from the shoemaker, will leave a paper trail that is likely reported accurately and if above the customs threshold, triggers import duties.

Import duties are likely less about changing times and being lucky then they are related to the cost of the shoes you bought and tricky businessmen avoiding similar taxes themselves. :devil:

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I’d say. Anytime anyone I purchased from used DHL and it was over $800, I’ve paid a customs fee. Interestingly, that experience has only been when DHL delivered, the latest being $105.00 on a pair over $900.00.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads