• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Gents, I am interested in this particular pair. Can anyone provide insights on

1. Impression on the last and sizing?
    • I've heard that StCs run larger than your standard TTS.
    • My existing pairs: GG Deco UK8 | AM C3,C4, Chisel Round & Mayfair2 in UK7.5 | Carmina Simpson UK8
  2. Wear and tear of Geyo sole?
Kind Regards,
ak

I find that the shoes fit very similar to Carmina's Rain last. They don't particularly feel larger they anything else I own within my usual corresponding size.

I'd size half up for the Simpson last, so I'd imagine a 7.5uk should be fine for you.

Not familiar with the Geyo sole, I'm afraid.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
I have several pair of St. C, I purchased before I had a personal last made. I've decided they just don't work for me. So, I'm happy to move them on to someone who can use them. (You pay the shipping.) Here's the rub. The left shoe on each is a 10.5F, the right a 10G. Both have FIT5 and FIT2 fitting adjustments-- https://saintcrispins.com/pages/configurator If you think these could fit you and you're interested, message me.
UPMbI2M.jpg

KlbxLlW.jpg

JE3fMTB.jpg

ekotGzl.jpg

DAlden

Reaction score
WTB: StC in a 7.5 or 8UK, I am looking for an Oxford or derby in good+ condition. Beautiful craftsmanship that I can’t afford new, so if anyone has any archive sale pickups they don’t love or anything in the back of the closet let me know!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTB: StC in a 7.5 or 8UK, I am looking for an Oxford or derby in good+ condition. Beautiful craftsmanship that I can’t afford new, so if anyone has any archive sale pickups they don’t love or anything in the back of the closet let me know!
@Encore ?

nmiller08

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of a CRU 606 and/or 608 after some substantial wear? A picture of both together would be great if someone has both … just thinking of a new order. Not a huge fan of some of the 608 pictures of new shoes out there, seems kind of flat but curious how it ages. Thanks in advance!

nmiller08

Reaction score
Not sure if it could be considered as substantial but check my old post with a CRU608 and 606 with some 607 in between if i recall the order correctly

Edit, and it would be the model 645 at approx. 8 o clock that is 606 in that circle

Thank you, I really appreciate it ... now that I see this again I remember looking your picture in the past. It was one that prompted me to order a shoe in CRU 607.

It helps to see it again with the 606/608 next to each other though it sounds like your choice of polish has helped the 608 a little in the hue. I really like that 609 wingtip, it's a more interesting color than most of the 609 I've seen.

Thanks again!

sdfzs

Reaction score
My 608 has definitely gotten warmer a tone over the years given my choice of polish. I remember in the good old days at Skoaktiebolaget's physical waterhole on a Saint Crispin's trunk show comparing 608 hues with Mr. Car where our 608 developed totally different. His kept the slightly colder original color while mine developed more towards a 606/607 warmer hue given the polish choice.

Although individual pairs might start of just slightly differently i think the beauty of it is that you may influence that over the years by your choice of shoe care products

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was about to say....I got them from Skoaktiebolaget as well, until I saw the Jondral.

Beautiful pair. Wear them in good health in the days to come and beyond.
Thank you! Wish I had pulled trigger on these earlier when it was carried at Skoak but glad I found them many years later now at Jondral 😊

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Wish I had pulled trigger on these earlier when it was carried at Skoak but glad I found them many years later now at Jondral ;)

Did they stop carrying them? They sold that style for many years. I was, wrongly it seems, under the impression that style was a main stay.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they stop carrying them? They sold that style for many years. I was, wrongly it seems, under the impression that style was a main stay.
Not exactly sure and I didn’t buy Saint Crispin’s at that point. Was mostly focused on G&G, EG, C&J, Vass, Carmina and other brands at that time.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not exactly sure and I didn’t buy Saint Crispin’s at that point. Was mostly focused on G&G, EG, C&J, Vass, Carmina and other brands at that time.

StC differentiates itself enough from those companies to warrant both purchase and wear. Also, it is hard to beat a SpTD in terms of versatility.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics