• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah for sure good to see things work out like they should. While not defending StC, I think to be fair, I’m sure there are more folks trying remote fitting or sizing online which can be tough to nail down for the first time

either way, I love these boots even when it’s 95 and feels like 105 lol
View attachment 1427912 View attachment 1427913

This is true. I would say most (if not all) have been virtual fittings. Considering the novelty of this endeavor for StC, it is to be expected that there would be challenges. Saying that, it still does not absolve them from criticism.
I am confident though that they will right the ship.

Goodness me, boots in this weather! You are a much much better person than I am. My feet are sweating just looking at that picture.

Last edited:

Mallaig

Reaction score
A second trail pair arrived a couple of days ago and the fit is dramatically better. There is a picture of the new trial pair at the end of this post.

Had another discussion with Phillip this morning where we discussed some minor tweaks to the last. I am extremely happy with this trial process and the interactions with Phillip. It gives me a lot of confidence that the end product is going to be fantastic.

Talking of which, the spec for my first shoes on the new last is as follows:
- Mod 646, diamond toe oxfords, hand stitched vamp, laces and heel.
- Black Russian calf
- Natural apron stitching
- leather sole with toe taps

Please share your experience on:
- having a monogram added
- choosing between Maple or Cherry shoe trees

View attachment 1412189
Final pair have arrived and they are breathtaking.

There have been a lot of questions about the virtual sizing service in this thread. From my experience, I'd say it went as well as could reasonably be expected. Communication with Philip Car and his team was excellent, and their attention to detail is far beyond what I've experienced with other brands. The sizing process was simple. It definitely required two fitting shoes to nail down the fit. The finished shoes came quickly. The pricing was reasonable (ha ha). The finished product is ... well, just look at those shoes. I'd recommend this to anyone.

IMG_1983.jpeg

IMG_1971.jpeg
IMG_1972.jpeg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Final pair have arrived and they are breathtaking.

There have been a lot of questions about the virtual sizing service in this thread. From my experience, I'd say it went as well as could reasonably be expected. Communication with Philip Car and his team was excellent, and their attention to detail is far beyond what I've experienced with other brands. The sizing process was simple. It definitely required two fitting shoes to nail down the fit. The finished shoes came quickly. The pricing was reasonable (ha ha). The finished product is ... well, just look at those shoes. I'd recommend this to anyone.

View attachment 1428693
View attachment 1428694 View attachment 1428695

They look amazing! The fit looks spot on as well.

That makes two positive results in the last week. StC's stock is back on the rise ??.

Moral of the story, a quality fit and product are worth putting in a little time and effort for. The end results are always much more satisfying!

DL120

Reaction score
This is true. I would say most (if not all) have been virtual fittings. Considering the novelty of this endeavor for StC, it is to be expected that there would be challenges. Saying that, it still does not absolve them from criticism.
I am confident though that they will right the ship.

Goodness me, boots in this weather! You are a much much better person than I am. My feet are sweating just looking at that picture.
Is this better?
85EEDFA7-7E3C-45C9-95C6-3CFD2F5F4A63.jpeg
F2DA041F-6338-4D08-B15D-804E4950016F.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads