• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spanking

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greger
Tokyo Slim, What punishment would have worked for you? Do you even know? You sound like worst than a brat to me. Or, were your problems something else?
Well... there were other problems for sure. I kind of look at my whole youth as a punishment, and there was just a point where I decided not to take it anymore. And yes, I was not a well behaved child.
Originally Posted by CDFS
Time out, without TV.
Wouldn't work. We didn't have a television until I was 11. Then, 13 inch black and white set with three channels. I barely cared about it.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Well... there were other problems for sure. I kind of look at my whole youth as a punishment, and there was just a point where I decided not to take it anymore. And yes, I was not a well behaved child.

Wouldn't work. We didn't have a television until I was 11. Then, 13 inch black and white set with three channels. I barely cared about it.

It worked in the end, no? No more naughty escapades involving other peoples' goods.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
This is much more fucked up thank spanking.

Stepdad once force fed me raw tomatoes, which I am mildly allergic to. Yay, vomit party!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
JohnBender.0.0.0x0.600x330.jpeg
above picture: Tokyo Slim, Sherman High, 1985

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
When all reasoning have failed, spanking is just one of the tools in my arsenal. I've tried everything from making them eat raw hot peppers, doing the household chores, to physical punishments like pushups, holding a phonebook overhead for hours.

Are you trying to raise kids or elicit a confession from a member of the Taliban?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Taking away my internet connection was much more effective than spanking. I still have nightmares about my mother screaming "g33k I'm gonna pick up the phone so that you die in EQ unless you cut the grass NOW!!"

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Taking away my internet connection was much more effective than spanking. I still have nightmares about my mother screaming "g33k I'm gonna pick up the phone so that you die in EQ unless you cut the grass NOW!!"

And this is the real reason why you hate your mother and women in general.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek

You were destined to a life without sex with women from such a young age.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My two? Rarely. Daughter never. Son twice. On the dressed behind with open hand - one or two swats.

My father spanked us several times. Not much.

Should be used rarely, but it is the parents' decision.

Depending on the kid/parent/environment, can be a damn good tool.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
JohnBender.0.0.0x0.600x330.jpeg

above picture: Tokyo Slim, Sherman High, 1985

When I saw that at age 15, I thought that Guy was biting my style. At the time I didn't know it came out when I was 5.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Are you trying to raise kids or elicit a confession from a member of the Taliban?

I would make them do handstand pushups if they could, but they are still too young. Physical punishments sculpt boys into men, plus it tires them out so they don't go running about or mess up the place.

If I wanted a confession out of a taliban rebel, I would whack him with an indian club or baseball bat while making him hold that phonebook instead.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Is this a computer generated post?
eh.gif

It's so full of FAIL that I think it could be a standalone piece of evidence to show the potential long-lasting risks of hitting a child...

You lack imgination. You must live a boring life. Have you ever done anything interesting? Or, just live a "safe" life?

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

In someways you sound like a preachers kid, but clearly other things were going on. Some parents have strange ideas about how to raise children. Only a few rules matter, after that let the child live its God given life. One rule is respect others; how can one lie, steal or cheat and still respect others? Cheating is combined lie and steal. A few chores teaches a child self preservation; brothers and I would move the kitchen chairs in front of the sink and counter so we could stand on them to wash the dishes and rinse and dry them and then put them away, sometimes climbing on the counter to get to the higher places, not to mention garden work, house work, etc. And a few rules and lessons so the child does not become a victim by predators. Respect for the child doesn't steal the childs life away, as some parents do.

It is always nice to read when a child learns from their parents mistakes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads