• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

TWorksheets

Reaction score
Not sure what the official stance on this type of behaviour is, but poster mmajuice12 seems to be using the B&S to spam his ****** t-shirt company's stuff

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kaplan or anyone else having the IE issue, can you tell me, when you click on the newest post link, does your address bar URL read like http://www.styleforum.net/t/29653/things-that-are-pissing-you-off/34530_30#post_5639139 or like http://www.styleforum.net/t/29653/things-that-are-pissing-you-off/34560_30# I think it is redirecting weirdly and losing the post target part of the URL.
When I've had redirect issues it's been the latter. Or if you click on a json query before the page has finished rendering, it changes the URL to the latter, etc.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it is being addressed as a bug. Something broke with the custom posts/page setting apparently. Should be fixed soon.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I temporarily couldn't access the thumbs up comments with FF either. In Chrome it worked. Later that day, FF was working again (previous attempts of cache&cookie clearing were unsuccessful though).

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

Not sure what the official stance on this type of behaviour is, but poster mmajuice12 seems to be using the B&S to spam his ****** t-shirt company's stuff

If you haven't already done so, please flag any posts you find objectionable. The volume of threads is such that moderators have a difficult time seeing things by chance. Flagging the post will ensure that the appropriate person sees it.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kaplan or anyone else having the IE issue, can you tell me, when you click on the newest post link, does your address bar URL read like http://www.styleforum.net/t/29653/things-that-are-pissing-you-off/34530_30#post_5639139 or like http://www.styleforum.net/t/29653/things-that-are-pissing-you-off/34560_30# I think it is redirecting weirdly and losing the post target part of the URL.
I use the See this post button in my subscription emails. It brings me to the right post for maybe half a second, and then the page shifts up to the top and stays there. Here´s an example of what I see: http://www.styleforum.net/t/168002/shoe-damage-report-shoe-p0rn-central-part-ii/14415# Your second option, I assume.

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kaplan or anyone else having the IE issue, can you tell me, when you click on the newest post link, does your address bar URL read like http://www.styleforum.net/t/29653/things-that-are-pissing-you-off/34530_30#post_5639139 or like http://www.styleforum.net/t/29653/things-that-are-pissing-you-off/34560_30#
Great to hear that this is being looked into! When I click one of the links that should take me to the newest post in a thread, the address bar initially (and very briefly) reads like your first example, but before the page loads it changes to the second one, leaving you at the top of that page.
I think it is redirecting weirdly and losing the post target part of the URL.
This seems to be exactly what happens.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lately, I'm getting randomly mail-subscribed to some of the threads I post in.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lately, I'm getting randomly mail-subscribed to some of the threads I post in.

Dito. Maybe some sort of AI that figures that in case you regularly post somewhere you want notifications? Get notified for nearly every new post (fortunately, semi-frequented threads).

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This should probably go into the suggestions thread, but it seems largely ignored by the powers that be (whereas this thread has a lively following).

Is it possible to code a notice for new members that pops up when they create their first thread that highlights the major help threads (Ask a Question, Ask a Tailor, Do you need help with your love life call Gunga Jin, etc) before they decide to continue starting the thread? A lot of new threads seem to fall into these categories.

I know the banner thing above the forum mentions these threads, but we still seem to get a lot of the same question threads.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As much as it sucks, no rules in B&S are technically being broken. I believe every user is entitled to have 15 sales threads between MC and SW&D.

This should probably go into the suggestions thread, but it seems largely ignored by the powers that be (whereas this thread has a lively following).

Is it possible to code a notice for new members that pops up when they create their first thread that highlights the major help threads (Ask a Question, Ask a Tailor, Do you need help with your love life call Gunga Jin, etc) before they decide to continue starting the thread? A lot of new threads seem to fall into these categories.

I know the banner thing above the forum mentions these threads, but we still seem to get a lot of the same question threads.

This used to be a feature in the old system, but I could see how such a feature would really slow down the system.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics