Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. iand

iand Senior member

GDL is always looking for people to attack, normal on an Obamist , the big loser. He doesn´t do anymore with me as he lost all the battles with me, even that I have a bad English, but God is on my part. He wants revenge.

[​IMG]

Spalla thinks I'm a communist of marroquian descent struggling to get a work visa in america, but something tells me that he sympathizes and identifies with my "situation".

[​IMG]

Great stuff all-around!

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

hey, just a suggestion for the B&S. On the AAAC website the original poster has the option to officially "close" the thread on their own, which might be useful for our forum since sometimes people end up bumpin up a dead thread becuase they don't know better or they can't edit the original post... anyway, it's a feature built right into the vbulliten.

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

hey, just a suggestion for the B&S. On the AAAC website the original poster has the option to officially "close" the thread on their own, which might be useful for our forum since sometimes people end up bumpin up a dead thread becuase they don't know better or they can't edit the original post... anyway, it's a feature built right into the vbulliten.
    I agree that is a good idea, though I don't like the implementation in vBulletin. We are working on a new system that will have that feature.

4. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I agree that is a good idea, though I don't like the implementation in vBulletin. We are working on a new system that will have that feature.
    You're switching from vBulletin?

5. j

You're switching from vBulletin?
    That is the current plan, yes. I can't say much more than that until plans are finalized, but the new platform will have pretty much all the features you would expect to get in a 'modern' forum-based site, while retaining as much of our familiar look and feel as possible.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

please please let this not be sufu 4.0, please please please please

7. j

please please let this not be sufu 4.0, please please please please
    It won't load for me right now (though I shouldn't talk) so I don't know what their current site looks like, but I assure you I like using sites that work like this one and I couldn't stand using sites like their "3.0", so I would never let this place become something like that. I also can't stand the shiny-plastic look of a lot of the forums (e.g. vBulletin 4.0) so we won't go there either.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

9. j

We will most likely be upgrading the hardware tonight sometime (midnight or later PST) and there will be an outage of at least 45 minutes to a couple hours.

Please, make a note of it.

10. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

We will most likely be upgrading the hardware tonight sometime (midnight or later PST) and there will be an outage of at least 45 minutes to a couple hours.

Please, make a note of it.

But how are we going to live!!??

11. j

I suggest alcohol.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I've just stopped browsing really other than to check this thread from time to time to see an ETA on when it's fixed as it's just so unpredictable.

Just curious but what caused the sudden crappiness? Never really had a problem with the exception of approx 2am et until the past month. Does it have something to do with gdl and tokyoslim being on their cycle?

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

We will most likely be upgrading the hardware tonight sometime (midnight or later PST) and there will be an outage of at least 45 minutes to a couple hours. Please, make a note of it.
    Oh cool so like all the time every other day this month? OOOHHHHHH SNAP! [​IMG] (THE LAUGH MEANS I WASN'T BEING SERIOUS GUYSSSSSS)

14. j

I've just stopped browsing really other than to check this thread from time to time to see an ETA on when it's fixed as it's just so unpredictable. Just curious but what caused the sudden crappiness? Never really had a problem with the exception of approx 2am et until the past month. Does it have something to do with gdl and tokyoslim being on their cycle?
    I assume so. I honestly am stuck on exactly what caused it but we are at the point where vBulletin is limiting us quite a bit (huge threads especially) so it may just be that, at this point.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I suggest alcohol.

Hmmm - 12 PST is roughly 2 am for me, so I think I can manage. For a few minutes, at least.