1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

What do you think about paraiso? He is an honorary Atlantan. Whnay is good.

Goon Squader!

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Frankly, Af is one of my favorite Atlantans on the forum.

I wish that they would call themselves, "Atlantians," since that would really rock out that place.

- B

3. MrG

MrG Stylish Dinosaur

Frankly, Af is one of my favorite Atlantans on the forum.

With the beating the Atlanta members take, that isn't saying much. Though I didn't realize there was a hierarchy of Atlantans.

I'm not sure that's appropriate behaviour over a warm corpse either.

[​IMG] Well played.

I wish that they would call themselves, "Atlantians," since that would really rock out that place.

- B

All the cool kids know there is only one way to refer to the residents of the ATL:

[​IMG]

4. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

What do you think about paraiso? He is an honorary Atlantan. Whnay is good.

I like whnay. lee14406 I have no particular feelings about. edinatlanta is like a wannabe conne. gnatty8 actually willingly moved to the ATL.

Honorary Atlantans don't figure into my hierarchy.

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I like whnay. lee14406 I have no particular feelings about. edinatlanta is like a wannabe conne. gnatty8 actually willingly moved to the ATL.

Honorary Atlantans don't figure into my hierarchy.

I have made a pole.

6. JustinW

JustinW Distinguished Member

I have made a pole.

I'm not sure that's appropriate behaviour over a warm corpse either.

[​IMG]

7. itsstillmatt

[​IMG]
    Don't worry, I am flying at half mast.

8. JustinW

Don't worry, I am flying at half mast.

[​IMG]

9. JustinW

After Franny's latest outburst in CE, can we just get rid of him once and for all (forum wise)?

Edit: is the "don't make requests for banning" rule in place for this Trans Mod threak or just the old one?

I say make the punishment fit the crime - change his title to POS. [​IMG]

10. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

I squirreled the "BHO is Mao" thread because it had just turned into an annoying pissing contest between Piobaire and Paraiso.

11. itsstillmatt

I squirreled the "BHO is Mao" thread because it had just turned into an annoying pissing contest between Piobaire and Paraiso.
    Paraiso is a moron. If people are going to have strong opinions, they should at least be readable.

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Paraiso is a moron. If people are going to have strong opinions, they should at least be readable.

You do understand you are talking about SF, yes? [​IMG]

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I'll just toss him on ignore. From being told to shove sausages up my ass, etc., I thought I was pretty modulated.

14. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

After Franny's latest outburst in CE, can we just get rid of him once and for all (forum wise)?

Edit: is the "don't make requests for banning" rule in place for this Trans Mod threak or just the old one?

It was a nasty thing to say, and I'm disappointed AF felt the need to say it, rather than remain silent. I think AF is a nice guy (and I've met him IRL), but it's unfortunate to me that he made that statement. That said, I thought Fuuma made a really good point later in the thread, and I think it's a fair argument against penalizing AF. Moreover, I don't see how not sharing the popular reverence for the dead should be a bannable offense.

I am not in favor of banning the fran, but this is hardly some isolate slip. He has a long history of saying really gross inappropriate things about corpses that are still warm.

I don't think it was "bad," but it was nasty. I just find it better to avoid negative comments about people who have recently died, especially when it's easier to simply not make a statement at all. If someone had asked AF what he thought I would say he's at no fault for expressing his opinion. However, the nice thing about an internet forum is that we can simply move on to the next thread. There was no reason AF had to come into that thread and say something nasty; he could have let the Dems have their circle jerk. The fact that he made a point of posting is what is bothersome to me, as he was essentially going out of his way to piss on Murtha's grave.

Is anyone else disturbed by the continuing calls to ban someone just because they say something that upsets you? I think what AF said was pretty disgusting, but I think there ought to be a modicum of free speech here. Just because he states an opinion you don't like shouldn't be a reason for banning. I pretty much felt the same way about some of the calls for AThingforCashmere and some of the others. Shame on me for not speaking up then, but I'll speak up now.

IMO AF should be (and has been) pretty well excoriated for what he said by everyone on the forum, but should not be banned.

Not to say that there shouldn't be standards...I just don't think we should draw the line at offensive opinions. Free speech and all that.

15. Aus_MD

Aus_MD Senior Member

...as opposed to words from Latin, like governor, which have rarely been spelled '-our'...

[​IMG]