• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

show us your closet

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I might be wrong on this, but it seems like you wear stuff out a lot faster than most!

Probably true, but then most of you guys work, and go out much more than I do, so you varie your clothes more!

I literally rotate 3 or 4 shirts and the same numbers of jeans..so they take a lot of wear and the shirts are washed constantly.

I'm currently regretting recently washing my 21oz Kurabo jeans, as they shrink a bit after each wash - I'm only 84 pounds and they're now skintight on me!!

I'd better not wash them again or there'll be Barbie sized!

Breaking them in to be comfortable is pretty tough!

Now I understand why they don't make skinny fit 32oz raw denim jeans!!!!:)

R300

Reaction score
I currently have:

261 pairs of jeans.
Custom of course :)
26 blue shirts (all the Same of course)
coats, jackets etc.

Hope to be 'Kopping' by May 2021 so fingers crossed my collections last that long :(

R300

Reaction score

I currently have:

261 pairs of jeans.
coats, jackets etc.

Hope to be 'Kopping' by May 2021 so fingers crossed my collections last that long :(

My girlfriend bought me new jeans :) so I'm a happy Man. :)

Custom ones aswell.

R300

Reaction score

My girlfriend bought me new jeans :) so I'm a happy Man. :)

Custom ones aswell.

Oh and just pre ordered a splendid new coat. Hope to get it by this evening. Will keep pointlessly ******* updating and quoting myself :)

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was mean. Plus I always assumed the study in repetition of this thread was an art project lampooning the obsession of mens style itself.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

That was mean. Plus I always assumed the study in repetition of this thread was an art project lampooning the obsession of mens style itself.

Thank you SO much for standing up for me - I was very upset at his cruel bullying.

I'll wait until my closet is updated before posting on this thread again..

I don't feel quite so hurt now - he was unnecessarily unkind to me

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you SO much for standing up for me - I was very upset at his cruel bullying.

hirsh, was it davide taub who made your jeans at G&H? if they're the pair on his blog they look very nice.

as to the bullying, i think it's more that the seemingly endless self-quotation and relationship updates etc across multiple threads can impinge on other users' enjoyment of the forum. bear that in mind and you'll find it easier to fit in around here.

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sarcasm..?

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

hirsh, was it davide taub who made your jeans at G&H? if they're the pair on his blog they look very nice.

as to the bullying, i think it's more that the seemingly endless self-quotation and relationship updates etc across multiple threads can impinge on other users' enjoyment of the forum. bear that in mind and you'll find it easier to fit in around here.

Yes, it was Davide, and thanks for the compliment - they are lovely!

I'll try to follow your advice - it's just hard when I can't sleep at night because I'm in pain to think of lots of different things to write!

I like constructive criticism (not insults) so I'll try to vary the content of my posts a bit:)

Last edited:

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Yes, it was Davide, and thanks for the compliment - they are lovely!

I'll try to follow your advice - it's just hard when I can't sleep at night because I'm in pain to think of lots of different things to write!

I like constructive criticism (not insults) so I'll try to vary the content of my posts a bit:)

Those are over the 2 year mark now - this year he made me an awesome pair of 19oz Kurabo jeans, using the Selvedge in a really unique way.

But it's too hot ATM for them so I'm waiting until the autumn to get tons of wear out of them

I'll photograph my closet again when my next 2 pairs of jeans arrive:)

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I currently have:

261 pairs of jeans.
coats, jackets etc.

261 pairs of jeans? I have probably 3 and wear one normally :(

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
:)
261 pairs of jeans? I have probably 3 and wear one normally :(

Don't take him seriously - he's taking the Mickey out of me!!!

Although I do have a girlfriend in LA who has over 500 pairs (she's a shopaholic) and a Swiss friend with a denim museum containing nearly 15,000 pieces!!!

Mind you, I couldn't manage on 3 pairs of jeans:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nearly ready for next closet pic!

2 pairs of jeans being shipped at the end of next week..

1 empty hanger - boyfriend offered me shorts but my legs are too thin so trying to persuade him to buy jeans instead:)

But not hopeful - he likes the shorts...

When all received will post closet pic:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads