• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

show us your closet

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Updated closet pic minus worn out shirt

Will update soon as 15 year old shearling coat retired to charity shop:):)

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Subscribin'

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
bad move

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Will update soon as 15 year old shearling coat retired to charity shop:):)

Won't update until August possibly as having clear out - everything over 15 years old must go, plus I ordered 4 Thomas Pink pink shirts yesterday.

Will leave me 2 empty wooden hangers to fill...:)

orlais

Reaction score

Here's some of my wardrobe. The rest is boring - just plastic boxes sorted into socks, underwear, accessories etc

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

B-bb-but what about the clothing ban??

Broken!

Too boring!!!

Plus I lost some clothes due to hospital MRSA contamination...

So good excuse to go shopping!

So far:

4 shirts

4 pairs jeans=12 pairs and new denim ban:)

Deposit on custom boots

Wardrobe won't take any more as I use bulky walnut hangers!

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Mine needs updating with 4 new shirts and 4 pairs of jeans - I'll do this when I get home after my mini break!:)

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ikea funnily enough! They're called 'boomerang hangers'. Cost about $10 per set of 8 which is pretty good considering they are 100% wood.

Man you aussies are getting ripped off. I replaced all my plastic hangers with those same Ikea ones a while back and they cost $4 for 8 here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've had a set of wood Ikea hangers for like 10 years now. Surprise they are still intact.

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my main closet. Its an Ikea wardrobe unit. Since it is currently summer here I have stored all my heavier sweaters on the top shelf. The hanging area is for all of my button down shirts. It is almost entirely Klaxon Howl, Mister Freedom, RRL, and Wallace and Barnes shirts. I have a few pairs of shorts folded below that followed by the pants rack. Below that is a drawer where I keep most of my socks and underwear as well as some bow ties and small miscellaneous items. The bottom drawer is where I keep some lighter sweaters for any cooler evenings as well as a box where I store all my cufflinks and tie bars.

I have another closet where I keep most of my jackets and a few suits but it has sliding doors so it is much harder to photograph.

I forgot to mention. The hanger on the far right is where I hang all my ties. I used to own at least 150 ties and I kept them all nicely rolled up in a drawer but I realized I only ever wore 5-10 of them so I sold most of them and kept only my favourites.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads