• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brown homespun Bedford for real cheap

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brown homespun Bedford for real cheap

B6E8F983-5D49-4C1D-B3B8-F848671B1EEE.jpeg

The same one’s listed on eBay for over $200 more. I wonder if it’s some shitheel trying to drop ship it.

blue peter

Reaction score
Nice - is this the highland parka?
Its probably listed on grailed 3 times more, drop shippers everywhere these days. See the same comme tshirt from Rakuten on grailed listed by 4 different people.

amongst the endless listings of the uniqlo colab...it's becoming a real chore sifting through the interesting pieces hidden between the hundreds of fleeces! o_O

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listing an item that is not yours for a higher price, then purchasing it from the actual origin and shipping to the customer making profit on the delta between the price you paid and the price the buyer paid.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acting like your the owner of something and selling it, however someone else or another store owns that item and the drop shipper is just the middle man that sells with a markup for themselves. It's very prevalent on large e-commerce stores, like on amazon, especially outside the US, people will sell items to you on say the amazon australia store and then just ship the item to you from the amazon us store or ebay with like 10-50-100 % markup.

On grailed, people commonly post items from rakuten, 2nd street, YJP etc.. with like 100-200% markup. If you buy the item from the drop shipper on grailed, they will then go and buy the item from rakuten and put in your shipping address.

I've reported to Grailed more than once but they don't care, they take the sale fee either way.

edit: fycus beat me in fewer words :(

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol. Sometimes those stores do list it on eBay for higher price but they usually add the difference in shipping cost.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To a certain extent its nice, because as you mentioned the drop ship listings are obvious for those "in the know". If I see something at a half-decent price on grailed I then scour YJP or rakuten and just buy for the reasonable price.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually find some things this way, find on grailed then look for it again on rak/2nd/yjp. Hate it though that some of the drop shippers on grailed have like 100+ transactions

Relevant one for this thread, which someone should buy
OG:

dropd'
https://www.g___railed.com/listings/11696962-Engineered-Garments-Wool-herringbone-work-jacket

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads