• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blackcheer

Reaction score
@rotide around 2019 is when sizing jumped up considerably. If you like things looking more fitted. Sizing down is the move. There are old season pieces I have in XL that barely fit and I have outerwear from ‘21 in a M with room to layer underneath.

A question for the thread: I picked up this season’s Natural Twill Bedford & fatigues to wear as a suit at my wedding this September. (Very casual backyard affair) I sized up on the fatigues so I can wear them at my true waist (I have a beer belly). They look great however they’re bunching up quite a bit at the center seam at my butt. Not sure if Daiki was designing these for guys who do squats but I definitely don’t have the glutes to fill these boys out. Anyone ever have this problem fixed by their tailor? Google shows me it’s possible but I could still return the pants for a size down and wear them below my belly - which is not preferred. Input is appreciated!

Imho take them to a tailor if you otherwise like the fit; removing fabric and altering the shape to suit your body should be straightforward for someone with know-how

blackcheer

Reaction score
Fyi most if not all of the lookbooks are finally on EG's main site:

Not sure when this got updated. Last time I checked they only had a few of the recent lookbooks.

I'm enjoying flipping through them all, seeing how the brand's focus, the cuts, the materials and so on have changed over the seasons.

Going through the lookbooks, it's around FW11 when the brand starts the resonate with me a bit more.

When did y'all get into EG? I've been into them since 2013 or so, but only got my first piece in 2015, for a good deal through an early Japanese proxy site.

illiterate

Reaction score

Not sure when this got updated. Last time I checked they only had a few of the recent lookbooks.

I'm enjoying flipping through them all, seeing how the brand's focus, the cuts, the materials and so on have changed over the seasons.

Going through the lookbooks, it's around FW11 when the brand starts the resonate with me a bit more.

When did y'all get into EG? I've been into them since 2013 or so, but only got my first piece in 2015, for a good deal through an early Japanese proxy site.
Nice, didn't even notice they added all the lookbooks going back to the early 2000s.

I discovered EG around ~FW12 but was a broke student back then who just window shopped. First pieces I purchased retail were around FW15.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
idk why but EG sizing got bigger since 2018-19. medium became a small for the pants. also now the trousers fit longer. the ones before covid had the perfect inseam for shorter guys like me.

Phullyman

Reaction score

First experience was about 2018 when I saw someone on reddit post a fit with the willy post pants. Thought the silhouette was cool but didn't like the back cinch. In 2019, my girlfriend and I went to a store and I picked up couple shirts and one of them was a camp shirt. Ever since then, I've been replacing most of my stuff with EG.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score

2017 when i started working and making my own $. first piece was the spring 2017 aviator jacket in navy. also rocked all EG recently july 4th weekend at LACMA. crepe camp shirt SS23 and easy pants from SS20.

Attachments

• IMG_7489.jpeg
    IMG_7489.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 168

0ldb0y

Reaction score
First experience was about 2018 when I saw someone on reddit post a fit with the willy post pants. Thought the silhouette was cool but didn't like the back cinch. In 2019, my girlfriend and I went to a store and I picked up couple shirts and one of them was a camp shirt. Ever since then, I've been replacing most of my stuff with EG.
2017, copped the Willy Post pants and still have them. Back when Nepenthes NY had Tumblr and u could only order EG through email or phone.

illiterate

Reaction score

illiterate

Reaction score
Random question. For those who live in big urban areas, how often do you see people out and about wearing EG?

okaysee

Reaction score

Pretty sure my first EG piece was a SS08 field parka from @Drinkwaters in 2009, so got a great price on it and still have+wear the jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads