• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
Both of these jackets look too small, IMO, with a shirt of that length. Small looks better but I think it's still too dramatic a difference. Just my 2 cents
i think its most likely the shirt which is long if i wore something else maybe the small jacket wouldnt look too small.

withbluejeans

Reaction score
i think its most likely the shirt which is long if i wore something else maybe the small jacket wouldnt look too small.
I agree with that - it's certainly a smaller, cropped look, but if that's the style you want than rock it! With the shirt, it's a bit much but agreed that it would look better likely with a smaller shirt

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
I agree with that - it's certainly a smaller, cropped look, but if that's the style you want than rock it! With the shirt, it's a bit much but agreed that it would look better likely with a smaller shirt
if i rock just with the t shirt would Small still fit better than Xsmall?

withbluejeans

Reaction score

I think the small fits better than the x small regardless of what you wear it with, but I haven’t seen a pic of it with a tee so idk what it’ll look like. The XS, to me, looks too cropped and because of that loses a bit of the intentionality. For me, it’s approaching more “I got the wrong size” and less of “I got a cropped jacket”

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
one of the snap closures on the jacket rotates. idk if its a defect or if thats normal. does anyone know?

Beedub

Reaction score
Yes. It’s a style of jacket that isn’t working with the length (and colour, as it’s such a contrast) of the shirt, regardless of the size of the shirt.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
Yes. It’s a style of jacket that isn’t working with the length (and colour, as it’s such a contrast) of the shirt, regardless of the size of the shirt.
should i just get a bedford instead lol?
C8B17843-CBC0-49C2-99A0-3047ED66C6C2.jpeg
btw this is XS. i wonder if i could do a small.

Beedub

Reaction score
Get both! I would steer clear of shirts with that sort of hemline (sorry, don’t know what it’s called) with the bomber though-a flat hem, like on the camp collar or classic shirts from this season work better with the shorter body on the bomber. That or Ts and sweats, like I said earlier in the thread. That shirt you’re wearing looks much better with the length of the Bedford.
This is all just my opinion of course…

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
Get both! I would steer clear of shirts with that sort of hemline (sorry, don’t know what it’s called) with the bomber though-a flat hem, like on the camp collar or classic shirts from this season work better with the shorter body on the bomber. That or Ts and sweats, like I said earlier in the thread. That shirt you’re wearing looks much better with the length of the Bedford.
This is all just my opinion of course…
the shirt is the EG workshirt. another shirt with this similar length hemline is the 19th century BD. they fit long even when I size down from S to XS.

Beedub

Reaction score
I don’t think it matters what size work shirt or 19thc you go for, if you’re pairing with the bomber, I think you need a shorter model shirt with a flatter hem.

blackcheer

Reaction score
should i just get a bedford instead lol? View attachment 1963615 btw this is XS. i wonder if i could do a small.
Whether you should go for the bedford or aviator is a matter of intended function and personal style. If you're in the process of figuring that out, might be worth looking at fits online, take note of what you think looks good and why

Imho the bedford looks great with fatigues, whether matching or not. It's a classic EG fit. Looks good with most mid layers, whether a tee, hoodie, wool knit, work shirt, 19cbd shirt.

And imho the aviator looks great with a flat hem mid layer, say a tee or hoodie, usually bad with a curved hem mid layer, and most often bad over anything with a collar as the neck then looks messy and bulky. I wouldn't wear matching pants, as the aviator is a casual outer layer

But again, it's a matter of intended function and personal style, and lots of folks look great combining and layering things in ways I wouldn't

For sizing, I'd suggest finding a model online to use as a reference. Lots of shops in Japan have models who wear XS and S, including reggieshop. Personally, when I'm in between sizes or undecided, I size up, not down, as I prefer a looser fit and can always layer

Last edited:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads