• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GeorgeC

Reaction score
I like non-traditional EG footwear worn with EG. There's a user here, Thatoneguy I think, who wears EG with Margiela zip up boots. Looks fantastic.

And @pe3brain you need to clean your room!

Last edited:

happyvillian

Reaction score
I know it's still pretty damn cold in a lot of areas, but any styling suggestions on this smock shirt? Just picked this one up (thanks you to the seller if you're reading), and can't quite figure out the best fits.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The pic you provided is an example of a good fit. I would just experiment with this smock either as an oversized shirt (paired with EG fatigue or workaday fatIgue trousers for instance) or as a top layer with a long sleeve shirt underneath. In fact, using the smock as a pullover sweater/vest substitute can lead to an interesting fit.

Last edited:

happyvillian

Reaction score
The pic you provided is an example of a good fit. I would just experiment with this smock either as an oversized shirt (paired with EG fatigue or workaday fatIgue trousers for instance) or as a top layer with a long sleeve shirt underneath. In fact, using the smock as a pullover sweater/vest substitute can lead to an interesting fit.

Didn't think to layer it over a long sleeve. That definitely opens up new doors, thanks!

Doogan

Reaction score
I hope that I'm not breaking any rules here but I am selling a navy field parka in size large. I've posted a thread in the sales section - please check it if interested.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Hey, I've been thinking about one of the Workaday utility jackets, and i'm wondering if anyone can comment on sizing? I've got couple work shirts in Large that fit well, if not exactly as slim as I like (but i'm fine with), and take a large in most everything else. I have on workshirt in Medium, and it fits well but is a little short, as i'm 6'3, with about a 42" chest. I'm thinking large, but I don't want it to be too billowy. I'm pretty tall and athletic/slim build.

Lendo

Reaction score
The utility jackets have a boxy fit, I sized down from S to XS for mine and it worked well, that being said I'm only 5' 6". As tall as you are I would not recommend it, the sleeves would probably end up comically short on you.

Fooleo

Reaction score
Yeah I would say a large would be a solid choice. Like mentioned, they are a bit boxy and work well for layers. I'm about 5'10 with a similar build and have enough room in a size M for a sweatshirt underneath, but it also still looks fine over just a t shirt. Worst comes to it, toss the L in a hot wash and tumble dry and it should do just the trick

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
The utility jackets have a boxy fit, I sized down from S to XS for mine and it worked well, that being said I'm only 5' 6". As tall as you are I would not recommend it, the sleeves would probably end up comically short on you.

You should go with the Large. It is a boxy fit, but sizing down will likely result in a fit too tight in the chest and shoulders.

Note that I have found sizing on the Utility jacket to be a little inconsistent from season to season.

Yeah I would say a large would be a solid choice. Like mentioned, they are a bit boxy and work well for layers. I'm about 5'10 with a similar build and have enough room in a size M for a sweatshirt underneath, but it also still looks fine over just a t shirt. Worst comes to it, toss the L in a hot wash and tumble dry and it should do just the trick

Thanks for the tips guys, i'll look at the large more seriously then. Length is my main concern, as always. I think the utility is olive sateen would be such a versatile piece, near year round wear.

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bry & Noob for the replies. I picked up one in medium and one in small, gonna see which one suits me better.

Toby Price

Reaction score

Photographers vest
Work shirt
LVC
Mckinlays

Last edited:

teojhn

Reaction score
Double Cloth Bedford. Any comments on the fit? I'm thinking of sussing a tailor to lengthen the sleeve for me. There is sufficient room in the body for me to chuck on an extra sweater hence I figured this size (XS) works for me. I'm usually either an S or XS. I did not get to try the S as there was none left.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads