• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

how do you like those sawtooths, you wearing them occasionally or daily?

actually, i'm still wearing down my old pair on ann ds hahaha they're sitting in the closet but i quite like them. the only thing i'm not too fond of is the leather. i prefer the suede because it's more matte. i do wear my ann ds quite frequently in general though.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Totally different, but have to pick one. I'm working for the next 9 months in an office that requires jacket and tie and don't have much nice CM stuff. But then again it's only 9 months, so maybe I just get by with the couple of boring Brooks Brothers suits I already have and keep buying cool non-CM stuff I'll actually wear long term? Blue Blue Japan
tumblr_o7bto2w2aF1qm5glso1_500.jpg
Eidos
s-l1600.jpg
If you're in a pinch for office-appropriate stuff, the 'qlo comfort jacket is pretty wearable with biz-caz stuffs: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-comfort-jacket-158106.html#68 I liked it better when it was ventless (who needs vents on a jacket that short?), but I assume it's basically the same otherwise. The BBJ piece looks really cool, btw.

Last edited:

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last Derbies/PTBs post. Found two British options per MoK, both look pretty similar and have Dannite soles:

Cheany Deal

Barker Nairn

Tricker's Woodstock Espresso. These are slightly more expensive and look weird from the side but I prefer this color over black

Alden black calf PTBs

AE Leeds cost as much as the Cheany and are probably not as well made. Loake 205s use polished binder. Aldens are the most expensive.

Last edited:

curiouscharles

Reaction score

actually, i'm still wearing down my old pair on ann ds hahaha they're sitting in the closet but i quite like them. the only thing i'm not too fond of is the leather. i prefer the suede because it's more matte. i do wear my ann ds quite frequently in general though.

i wear mine nearly every day - not only beautiful, but comfy af.

narm60

Reaction score

Last Derbies/PTBs post. Found two British options per MoK, both look pretty similar and have Dannite soles:
Cheany Deal Barker Nairn Tricker's Woodstock Espresso. These are slightly more expensive and look weird from the side but I prefer this color over black Alden black calf PTBs AE Leeds cost as much as the Cheany and are probably not as well made. Loake 205s use polished binder. Aldens are the most expensive.
Heschung Arum in Commando

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@accordion

Depends what you want them for: Alden/AE/Barker look like "work" shoes, though if you can find then with Dainite soldes maybe a little less formal. I'd go for something like the Heschungs (I'm sure Trickers makes a similar model) because they'll work with jeans as well as wool trousers or even EG-type fits (and even YY looks great with chunky derbies. A very versatile shoe. I prefer black -- shades of brown can look a little dull to me unless there's some broguing or at least a captoe.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too weird, have you seen the back? It's got like a rip in it with flannel peeking out. I like the horse riding print a bit better, too, got some great shots of dudes falling off horses

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ seen those jackets at DSM and thought they were pretty great in the flesh. But yeah I preferred some of the other prints.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Heschung Arum are pre-orders for Fall. Tried on Aldens today and really did not like them. Toes are really pointy and heels are bulky, CM only shoes.

Last edited:

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Lorcan7 @nicelynice have you guys seen any of the other prints in jacket form anywhere online? i checked the runway pics and you guys are right..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads