• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can the snap buttons on a sleeve cuff be moved? I have a western shirt with similar issues
It’s more work. You can’t really reposition a male snap after you remove it. You’ll need to go to a trim/button store and find a pair of snaps where the male matches your female ends. Then, it’s pretty easy to add a second tighter male snap (and remove the other if you need to)

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The alteration on a snap cuff would be the same alteration you would make on a button cuff. The alteration is done by removing the cuff, removing the sleeve vent then re-cutting the sleeves desired length and reattaching the vent and cuff. Any qualified tailor can do this but beware that some tailors (dry cleaner tailor) might just remove the cuff, cut the sleeves and then reattach. If the vent is not removed and the sleeve is cut you’ll end up with the snap or a button all too close to the cuff. Finding a good tailor is like finding a good barber.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a short person, I have got used to rolling the cuffs back on many casual shirts and jackets - it only doesn't work on jackets that have very specific fancy cuff designs - and with those I just don't worry about it. It rarely looks noticeable.

Just as examples from fitpics of mine that people seemed to like this year, here are three different approaches to what to do about longer sleeves:

1. In this one, I have folded back the cuff on this Todd Snyder tweed jacket completely. Sure, you can't see the button, but other than that the cuff looks almost exactly the same on the inside:

2. In this one, the lightweight fabric and colour of this Kapital kakashi allows rolling:

3. But finally, on this Eidos suit, I didn't do anything, even though you could get anal about it and argue that the sleeves are too long. But it's a slouchy, slightly oversized kind of jacket all-round, so why worry?

whipcord

Reaction score
I'll just roll the sleeves, it's just a denim western shirt

I thought it was a casual light jacket because of the pockets and such. I think it's fine for the sleeves to be long on casual outerwear. Functionality is important, especially when layering. Check out some of the outerwear pictures on the sites of brands like Kapital, Monitaly, etc. The sleeves are sometimes down on the fingers. It just comes down to your style. If I'm wearing a suit, blazer or sport coat, then sure, I want those sleeves perfect. But for casual outerwear? Function and comfort, closely followed by style, is how I size it.

tamimasa

Reaction score
Thoughts on the color? Figure I could either wear it dressing up or down given the color.

tom-ford-beige-Non-US-Sizing-This-item-ha-Double-breasted-Long-Peacoat (1).jpeg
tom-ford-beige-Non-US-Sizing-This-item-ha-Double-breasted-Long-Peacoat (3).jpeg

tom-ford-beige-Non-US-Sizing-This-item-ha-Double-breasted-Long-Peacoat (4).jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks a bit boring TBH. If you're going to go for taupe or beige, it should really be something that has a better cut and/or a more luxe feel IMHO. That one's just a bit meh.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thoughts on the color? Figure I could either wear it dressing up or down given the color.

View attachment 1731365 View attachment 1731369
View attachment 1731370

If you're looking for a brown coat, I recently saw this and think it's nice. The color is slightly different and it's single-breasted instead of double. But it has a nice long cut

De-Havilland-LFSD-Polo-Coat-Eduardo-De-Simone-De-HavillandLFSDPoloCoat--4_1080x.jpeg

tamimasa

Reaction score
If you're looking for a brown coat, I recently saw this and think it's nice. The color is slightly different and it's single-breasted instead of double. But it has a nice long cut

The coat certainly looks nice, but unfortunately, they don't carry it in my size...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1641427739915.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads