• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I need a 9.5 UK based on what I’ve read about the sizing. I have a pair of Michael’s in a 9UK that work, but I have a slightly wide foot, so I believe I should go up 0.5.

How did you find the sizing?

Avignon’s fit me in 11UK whereas I’m wearing a 10.5 in the Golf, due to volume differences. I’m a 12D(ish) Brannock with relatively flat feet and a narrow heel.

Michael in a 45 was too squat for me.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Avignon’s fit me in 11UK whereas I’m wearing a 10.5 in the Golf, due to volume differences. I’m a 12D(ish) Brannock with relatively flat feet and a narrow heel.

Michael in a 45 was too squat for me.
Sorry I mis-read your initial response, I’m after the Avoriaz (hiking boot) not the Avignon. I probably will pick up a pair of Avignon’s down the road though, so the advice is appreciated.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry I mis-read your initial response, I’m after the Avoriaz (hiking boot) not the Avignon. I probably will pick up a pair of Avignon’s down the road though, so the advice is appreciated.
I take my UK size (one down from US brannock) in Paraboot models such as Chambord, Avignon, and Reims among others.

I tried the Avoriaz in my UK size, but they felt a little short in the length. Hiking boots, I understand, are supposed to fit that way for functionality. But I wanted a pair for non-hiking use so I did not keep them. Really nice boots though and I recommend if you like the fit.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
At this point in the season and with the continued popularity of this boot, you will most likely have a better chance of either waiting until April / May as most of the heavier shoes and boots are out of production until the spring. If you are buying these boots for an urban fashion statement, than these are adequate but if you're a serious trekker, you might want to consider Paraboot - Pro / Super Rando. https://www.paraboot-pro.com/montagne/26-231-super-rando#/12-taille-38
I've just received a pair and they will be my go to mountain boots. At the moment, these are only available in Europe but...
Our policy is, all special orders of Paraboot are final sale. No exceptions!

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To go with EG type fits like Bedford, fatigues, FA pants

161590960_800x.jpg
1627405463egworkshirt_6293.jpeg

Or 2.

1627044042egbandcollar_6264.jpeg
HAVEN-Engineered-Garments-Banded-Collar-Shirt-Denim-Twill-Indigo-3_grande.jpg

Or 3, none of the above - "who needs another freakin denim shirt"

Last edited:

mlwdp

Reaction score
Anybody here familiar with moleskin cotton? Is it too hot to wear in the summer or is it mostly a fall material? I’m looking at a pair of Phigvel moleskin 5 pocket pants and I’m wondering if it’s too hot since I live in southern Virginia.

1640538459458.jpeg

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody here familiar with moleskin cotton? Is it too hot to wear in the summer or is it mostly a fall material? I’m looking at a pair of Phigvel moleskin 5 pocket pants and I’m wondering if it’s too hot since I live in southern Virginia.

View attachment 1726286

It’s the most insulating material outside heavy wool or down. The amount of material used will vary, but in no case would I say it’s a cloth to wear in a Southern summer.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

A felted cotton, typically thornproof, will usually be worn in the cooler months by hunters and fishermen. Being made of cotton and breathable, you could wear them year round depending on your location. These fabrics are usually made in darker, warmer colors which would limit the use with summer colors. You still have plenty of months to wear these.
View attachment 1726286

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW here is one for cheaper. Also 10% off if you sign up for their email list.

Well ****, I might have to try that

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member