• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes: Your most complimented pair of shoes (that youre not afraid to wear regularly)

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My most complemented pair are my Hugo Boss Grey Suede Tassle Loafers. It's insane the amount of complements I've received from wearing them.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I believe you gentlemen suffer from "Internet Elephantiasis" or "Big Balls on the Internet". It's main symptom is blatant disrespect to others who contribute and actually post on the forums you spend all day reading.

Sad.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

mcbrown

Reaction score

Alden 911. Nearly every time I wear them, someone says "nice shoes." Put a light mirror shine on the toe. I'll see if I can get reasonable pics sometime soon, but until then:

Image lifted straight from ben silver.

Alden 911s are fantastic-looking shoes. The design elements really come together almost perfectly, IMO. For all the attention Alden's shell models and custom makeups receive, these might be my favorite Alden shoes.

They and my LS Ultimate Indy's are the only shoes I ever receive compliments on (not that it happens frequently for either!).

Aqualung

Reaction score
At the family reunion, these were a conversation topic...
KGrHqRjgE2vLDWjrOBNyP5wsSQ0_3.jpg

KGrHqIOKkQE23BHL1lBNyPdCBQ0_3.jpg

KGrHqUOKpQE24C4w5DEBNyPCZE86g0_3.jpg

That crocodile must have had a skin condition because that looks like a fungus.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At the family reunion, these were a conversation topic...
KGrHqRjgE2vLDWjrOBNyP5wsSQ0_3.jpg

KGrHqIOKkQE23BHL1lBNyPdCBQ0_3.jpg

KGrHqUOKpQE24C4w5DEBNyPCZE86g0_3.jpg

Wowsa!

I'm not normally much of a fan of croc shoes. (I assume that's what they are, but not sure really.) But these have such a unique pattern, and the patina is nothing short of amazing.

Of course not for all occasions but a family reunion where 'conversation pieces' can be a great thing seems to be a perfect occasion to me.

I bet many a comment was made!

Last edited:

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, in addition to the C&J Cliffords and JLP Phillip IIs, I get a lot of compliments on my AE Weybridges in chili.

I am not a criticizer, though. I like a lot of your vintage exotics and just bought these from Ron Rider which would be too fashion forward for many here:

I saw these myself & had dealt with Ron in the past, as he antiqued a pair of Santoni Norvegese for me. If they were a lace-up I probably would've pulled the trigger. Great pick by you there, I think.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Half of the time the only reason I bother logging on here is to be awed by some of Isshinryu's amazing collection of vintage shoes - if I saw him walking down the street, I'd most certainly compliment him.

thanks for this. My goal is not to get compliments from the members of SF. I just want to show that there's a whole wide, wonderful world of Vintage US-made shoes that rival the top Int'l makers of today. So many modern styles by top makers are simply "bring-backs" of vintage styles from 60+ years ago. You don't have to like 'em. Just know the history.

Criticism isn't a problem with me, although a few rare people like to act like complete a-holes while being afraid to post themselves. Just a pet peeve of mine.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wowsa!
I'm not normally much of a fan of croc shoes. (I assume that's what they are, but not sure really.) But these have such a unique pattern, and the patina is nothing short of amazing.
Of course not for all occasions but a family reunion where 'conversation pieces' can be a great thing seems to be a perfect occasion to me.
I bet many a comment was made!

Thanks. It's a good compliment from someone who freely posts his purchases as well. Actually not a Croc or Gator. A horned-back lizard. Had been popular as cowboy boots many years ago, but issues with poaching in Brazil made them stop making them. One of 2 pairs I've been able to find. I couldn't help myself because they're so freaky looking. The welt is also a percursor to the Vass Goyser... made in the 1940's.

My favorite Job Interview shoes. Also wore them to a PETA rally.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. It's a good compliment from someone who freely posts his purchases as well. Actually not a Croc or Gator. A horned-back lizard. Had been popular as cowboy boots many years ago, but issues with poaching in Brazil made them stop making them. One of 2 pairs I've been able to find. I couldn't help myself because they're so freaky looking. The welt is also a percursor to the Vass Goyser... made in the 1940's.
My favorite Job Interview shoes. Also wore them to a PETA rally.

:rotflmao:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads