• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

OldsRecordingGuy

Reaction score
Those boots look nice, what are they?
They are from Pike Brothers, a somewhat older model of '1966 Low Quarters cognac oiled' and my go-to autumn and winter boots.

OldsRecordingGuy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this thread has become rather quiet, but nevertheless I would like to ask a question: Are there any opinions or experiences to share on this NC X Fox Brothers hunting jacket?
I am just curious as I have come across a second hand opportunity and was wondering if size 52 would fit my slim 6'2" silhouette.
tmp_adf1b459-ad3d-4f88-9ea3-54e4cc9fd8fd.jpeg
Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How slim are you? I’m 6’3” and my 50 Mallorys used to fit me well when I was 175lbs. Now that I’m 183, a 52 would be better.

OldsRecordingGuy

Reaction score
Oh, currently I am 155 lbs only, but my arms are pretty long - my nickname was gibbon - you get the idea?;) So that jacket in 52 might be too boxy and needs adjustment (binge eating or tailoring:p).

OldsRecordingGuy

Reaction score
Well, I ended up buying that jacket, since its cut is far from being too roomy, on the contrary, it's rather slim 'n' snug. And very well made and warm, of course.
IMG_20231206_120957412~2.jpg

Last edited:

SilentPartner

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Cabourn belts? They only have sizes M up, I'm a 31/32 waist, seems like they'd be too big but they only ever seem to sell medium and up.

OldsRecordingGuy

Reaction score
Wow, that is a very small 52. Looks like a good fit, but you won't be able to layer much under it.
That is surely right. Given the warmth the jacket provides as well aas the mild winters over here layering is not really necessary though.

OldsRecordingGuy

Reaction score
In order to revive this seemingly forgotten thread: I recently found this vest secondhand, produced by Nigel in collaboration with Fox Brothers. Classic snug fit, and nice and thick fabric.
PNG-Bild 2.png

PNG-Bild.png

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
It's strange, I think, how this thread has died. Or maybe not. Did the golden age kind of die down a bit? Reading back, it was mainly about the big discounts. What changed?

OldsRecordingGuy

Reaction score
I don’t know, but I can hardly imagine the classic style has died out. anyway, as far as Cabourn products are concerned, I am late to the party, having found out about the quality myself only a few years ago.
From reading the forum and other websites I wonder: Maybe hyping Nigel’s products has been overdone a little over the last decade or the high prices have disgruntled several people?

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
I think the insane rise in prices kind of levelled off a bit, as the direction of the brand faltered (after all the Vietnam-era repro). Nowadays the output is much more pedestrian than the older stuff, which for all flaws was definitely different. I've not seen anything new in years that caught my interest, though I still buy old bits if they pop up!

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
Most of the guys that used to be around seem to be gone from SF now though. I'm curious where the uber-dealmaker Blaugrana and all the others have moved on to. New styles and brands? Aged out of taking an interest? Gone to the GORP-side? I'm sure some guys still have notifications on this thread, so let's hear from you :)

matic

Reaction score
i think the decline backs the fact that what's been going on in japan is it's own thing and will always be seeing that the NC scene out there is stronger than ever

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads