• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bumble_Bee
I must say JLP have a relatively informative website compared to EG. This includes the EG Japan website, which is way better than the English version. http://www.edwardgreen.jp/

Damn I didn't know about that EG Japan site. They should just translate that for their USA version.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
John Lobb Oakham in Tobacco Suede
6glikp.jpg

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon
Not a special order - I just 'lucked out'. I actually wanted the C&J In Black Calf, however this would have been a special order (and an additional £300).
Fosters ran £425 (-£50 VAT Refund - approx).
I believe they started the 'Montrose' in a limited run, though will be/are producing more.
The Manager indicated that these have been very popular with the Japanese.

Wow, so a "special order" CJ runs $1100 ??
Awesome boots btw!

Loudly

Reaction score
I saw these the other day on a trip to Royal Arcade. Pretty well the perfect black-tie shoes in my opinion - a little flashy in a good way. I thought it was real lizard tho?

Good on you for picking these up!

Haemus;2119019 said:
G.J. Cleverley RTW faux lizzard U throat:
P5310259.jpg

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
That must be the new MTM range? Do you know whether they're made in Freedom or Northampton? I assume Freedom.

I thought bespoke from Paris based on the invite I got from the boutique, though Whnay reported that he saw them in Paris and said the price was 2700 euros which is less than 4400 euros that i believe that they charge for bepsoke in Paris???

I got those pictures from this blog that has a write up and describes them as bespoke as well :http://lyramag.blogspot.com/2009/04/...r-bespoke.html

Definitely know that the have a new bespoke workshop/showroom near the Opera in Paris.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
That must be the new MTM range? Do you know whether they're made in Freedom or Northampton? I assume Freedom.

I believe, all the shoes featured in this selection, are fully bespoke and handmade,
produced in John Lobb’s own workshop in France. (And costing a great deal of money.)

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
I thought bespoke from Paris based on the invite I got from the boutique, though Whnay reported that he saw them in Paris and said the price was 2700 euros which is less than 4400 euros that i believe that they charge for bepsoke in Paris???

I got those pictures from this blog that has a write up and describes them as bespoke as well :http://lyramag.blogspot.com/2009/04/...r-bespoke.html

Definitely know that the have a new bespoke workshop/showroom near the Opera in Paris.

Like I said I was lead to believe this is a MTM range, not bespoke. The fact they were in two JL shops in Paris only confirmed this. Regardless, they are incredible.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Like I said I was lead to believe this is a MTM range, not bespoke. The fact they were in two JL shops in Paris only confirmed this. Regardless, they are incredible.

I'm not saying you are wrong and based on the price that they told you perhaps this is something like the Gomez Ligne Bottier?

Though the problem with Lobb Paris is that they use the term mtm to refer to bespoke when they should just say bespoke or sur-mesure!

More pics from Monsieur.fr

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After reading everyone's recent posts, I have no idea which Lobb service is being offered...but at 2700 euros, forget it

Its nice to know that Freedom is SF code for Paris, France

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that JLP now can be directly purchased from them online if you live in the US and not from Neiman Marcus?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ making me excited that I have antique cognac and brown shoes on the way!

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
John Lobb Oakham in Tobacco Suede

6glikp.jpg

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

If these are wrong, I don't want to be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads