• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Appreciation Alert. New G&G Russia Leather Norwegians

Xenon

Reaction score
I am not sure how the picture could "not do them justice" as these are awesome. I really like heel as well!!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome, awesome shoes. Congratulations and good job on the decision making.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great G&Gs!

From Russian with Love...

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have to dig up these examples as well:

Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Bespoke wholecut adelaides in dark chestnut Russian reindeer. The fit is nothing short of perfect, and Cleverley nailed the design and color I had in mind.

Manton and others have pointed out in the past how incredibly light Cleverley's shoes are. I was surprised to notice how true this was in real life - you barely feel the weight of the shoes. After trying on the Cleverleys, I immediately put on a pair of my lightest shoes (JP Tod's knob-soled drivers), and they felt no lighter than the Cleverleys. Amazing.

On the inside corner of each shoe, I had my initials punched into the leather in an interlocking design. This is discreetly executed and the initials are not visible unless one is very close to the shoes (or if a pic is taken). Also, note that the leather is cracked and discolored in various places - this is not a defect as one may suspect, but rather a peculiarity of the Russian reindeer leather (which I was told to expect before I placed an order).

Picture007-6-1.jpg

Picture006-8-1.jpg

Picture004-8-1.jpg

Picture008-6-1.jpg

Picture005-12.jpg

Picture002-7-1.jpg

Picture001-9-1.jpg

Originally Posted by medwards
So if one were to take aportnoy's two sets of shoes and meld them into one, one might get a Clevereley-made Balmoral (galosh) oxford in Russian calf. Something like this, perhaps?

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Adelaides are superb. Beautiful leather, handled with finesse.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DWFII
The Adelaides are superb. Beautiful leather, handled with finesse.

DWF, I've asked around before and nobody had a definite answer... Perhaps you would know: why are u-throats also called 'Adelaides'?

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
DWF, I've asked around before and nobody had a definite answer... Perhaps you would know: why are u-throats also called 'Adelaides'?
Wes, I don't know. I had heard the term before I came on SF but not often enough to remark upon it. But that's what everybody calls it here and so I went along. It's as good as any other name, but where it came from...no clue. Sorry.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenon
I am not sure how the picture could "not do them justice" as these are awesome. I really like heel as well!!

Only that they look nicer on the foot. I had asked for 4 eyelets in order to make the shoe look sleeker but it came with 5, as per their sample bespoke Norwegian and it looks just fine this way. Or else it may look to long.

I am very happy with them

Insight

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the Russian leather just not scream "make me into a PTB?"

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
Only that they look nicer on the foot. I had asked for 4 eyelets in order to make the shoe look sleeker but it came with 5, as per their sample bespoke Norwegian and it looks just fine this way. Or else it may look to long.

I am very happy with them

Lucky G&G made them into 5 eyelets. The design is well balanced.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Insight
Is it just me, or does the Russian leather just not scream "make me into a PTB?"

Have you seen Tom Park's from Leather Soul? He just did that and it looks fantastic.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Have you seen Tom Park's from Leather Soul? He just did that and it looks fantastic.

I have to say I am not so keen on Tom's, I am really into sharp squared toe shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads