• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Appreciation Alert. New G&G Russia Leather Norwegians

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
I have to say I am not so keen on Tom's, I am really into sharp squared toe shoes.

I'd say I prefer square toes most of the time (but square like EG 888 - not too sharp), but I do think round toes have their place on a lot of bluchers and boots. I also feel the shape of Tom's round toe is especially nice.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Have you seen Tom Park's from Leather Soul? He just did that and it looks fantastic.

I have to say I am not so keen on Tom's, I am really into sharp squared toe shoes.

I'm finding that I like the nice chiseled toe on more formal shoes and a rounder toe for the more rustic shoes. That said I have a whole cut in kudu with a soft square toe in the works. Now that you guys in HK are getting your completed shoes hopefully they'll be working on finishing mine!

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Single sole close cut bevel waist ruin look of shoe.
Need double sole.

Xenon

Reaction score

Totally, TG73 is one of the most beautiful lasts in existence. I don't own any G&G (not be choice) but for me they are leaps and bounds ahead in style.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
OP,

Did you ask for the apron stitching to be done the way it is? Just wondering if there is any reason why it was done like a G&G Hove/Eg Dover, which I find more beautiful.

Kolecho

Are you saying you like it this way or not. I was not specific with Tony, he just did it what way he felt was best. Given how think this skin is I am not sure how else it could be done. unlikely to do it skin stitched

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The toe is skin stitched...and extremely well, too...so the apron probably could have been done that way if it had been wanted. What's more the apron itself is sort of skin stitched (what might be called half of split and lift)...it's just visible as it is on the grainside.

I can't think of a more exacting technique or a better indicator of the quality of this pair of shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads