• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shaving Cream/Oil/Gel/Foam..

water

Reaction score
Trumper Sandalwood is my favourite shave cream. The Trumper Coconut shave cream is my "go-to" cream if my face is feeling irritated.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really liked the scent of GFT Violet. Rose smells good, too; I have a tube of that now. It is pretty expensive stuff though.

Re: Sandalwood, I think C&E's smells the best, but as far as a shaving cream goes, it's pretty pitiful. Totally unlike their awesome Almond Oil cream.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Trumper Sandalwood is my favourite shave cream. The Trumper Coconut shave cream is my "go-to" cream if my face is feeling irritated.
I think GFT's Sandalwood is my favorite Sandalwood as well, excellent scent. I just got the C&E Almond yesterday. Maybe it is just my tub, but the scent is very light, delicate compared to scents from the Three T's....Don't know if I like it or not as a strong fragrance is one of the things I love about top-end creams....

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
I think GFT's Sandalwood is my favorite Sandalwood as well, excellent scent. I just got the C&E Almond yesterday. Maybe it is just my tub, but the scent is very light, delicate compared to scents from the Three T's....Don't know if I like it or not as a strong fragrance is one of the things I love about top-end creams....

I got a tub of the C&E almond; ended up trading it on the smf forum. I mean it was good but the scent was too "sweet floral" for me. But do note that GFT Rose & Violet are my two favourites. Cannot quite explain it.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been using Crabtree and Evelyn Sweet Almond for ages now, I adore it. Pleasant to use, but most importantly, light enough not to interfere with my cologne. Good for the skin too, I hear!

Swann

Reaction score
Dr. Harris Arlington is my favourite shave cream. It makes a nice foam and I really like its subtle citrus scent.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes False, did you hear, they are not making tubs of it anymore though, just tubes?

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Yes False, did you hear, they are not making tubs of it anymore though, just tubes?

Quelle damage!

I grabbed a tub at half price because they were selling some old stock of the plastic tubs (when they made way for the new ones with the heavy lids that are rather hot...). If I get another that's probably a year's worth with the one I'm using (no kidding!). And in a year's time I'll get bored and want something new.

Still...tubes...why, oh God why?

aarghh

Reaction score
Given the new carry-on rules, what are people doing about their shaving kit? Due to tight connections, checking-in luggage is not often an option for me. I tried getting a shave-stick past security in San Jose, but that was confiscated.
I supposed a shave soap may be the next thing to try.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aarghh
Given the new carry-on rules, what are people doing about their shaving kit? Due to tight connections, checking-in luggage is not often an option for me. I tried getting a shave-stick past security in San Jose, but that was confiscated.
I supposed a shave soap may be the next thing to try.

Yeah, I'd go with that. Soap would be a good idea.

jaygallo

Reaction score
I've used Taylor of Old Bond Street for going on 15 years. Most of the fragrances are enjoyable, although I continue to return to either Almond or Sandlewood. Last night I picked up a tube of The Art of Shaving Lemon, as I an traveling on business this week and ran low.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bouji said:
Unless you are willing to travel a few miles, a pint of milk goes for 6 pounds, and a loaf of bread (albeit Poilane) 30 pounds, an average loaf is around 6 pounds. QUOTE]
What pint of milk costs 6 pounds?
eek.gif

auto90403

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Been using the trumper soaps for years and I've had them all the limes, rose, violet, almond, coconut they're simply the best. Preceded by trumper shave oil, a bit expensive but lasts a long time. Sometimes I substitute moisturizer 10 mins before shaving. All applied with badger hair brush and with a standard sensor excel on an edwin jagger razor I get the best shaves with never a hint of irritation. Incidentally, I order straight from England and carriage is minimal at ten bucks vs the savings of buying them here. I get the tubs for around 18 each and they last months a piece.

I always thought Trumper was fussy and old-ladyish, like most British fragrances and grooming products, and that people who like their stuff liked it because it's what Gramps used back in WWI.

pinchi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
I use the following:

Anthony Logistics Shave Cream...Kiehl's Blue Eagle Shave Cream...
Let's hear which you use.

These were my standard before I tried Taylors (almond, sandalwood, lemon-lime)and Trumpers (violet, coconut) and Nancy Boy now and then. For me, there´s no turning back. They are waaay superior.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads