• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Shoe Collections

the_sartorialist

Reaction score
Late to the game and only 1 worth mentioning at the moment:

Crockett & Jones Weymouth in Dark Brown Antique Calf.

Next one coming up is Crockett & Jones Westbourne in Chestnut Burnished Calf.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neat Post, all! VERY nice collections here (not surprisingly)!

Pre-SF, my collection consisted of Cole Haan & Mezlans (around 19 pairs). Now, those are all (thankfully) gone & replaced by:

Black:

JM Weston Triple Sole Derby
Florsheim Imperial Longwing v-cleat gunboats
Vintage Italian Crocodile split toe

Brown:

Santoni Signature Series FAM Captoe brogues
Edwin Clapp Vintage Crocodile split toe
Lidfort Norvegese Split toe buckles
Bally Vintage suede saddle boots
Florsheim Vintage plain toe derby v-cleats
C&J for New & lingwood pebble grain split toes
Lidfort norvegese Alligator wholecuts
Florsheim Imperial Longwing v-cleat gunboats
Nunn Bush vintage buffalo hide wingtips
Sutor Mantellasi pebble grain derby

Tan:

Trickers Keswick wingtips
Bruno Magli platinum captoe brogues

Burgundy Family:

Santoni Norvegese signature series FAM split toe buckles (were a crappy brown, but got 'em "Ron Riderized")
Bettanin & Venturi captoe brogues
Johnston & Murphy vintage saddle shoes (actually, they were golf shoes, so I got 'em resoled & wear 'em when it rains)

THANKS TO SF & all who make it such a great site!

sage_incognito

Reaction score
Black - 2 pairs
- Church's Diplomat (Half-brogue)
- Crockett and Jones Bedford (Straight-tip oxford); mine are quite wide feet, fyi

Dark Brown - 2 Pairs
- Church's Consul (Straight-tip oxford)
- Crockett and Jones Lowndes (Double Monk); once again, 348 last was anathema to wide-feeters. It's okay now after some shoe deformation process

Mid-Brown - 2 Pairs; usually for rainy days or some combat purpose
- Loake Shoemaker Bogart (Wingtip Derby)
- Allen Edmonds Manhattan (Wholecut)

Tan
- Loake 1880 Claridge (Pennyloafer)
- Church's Diplomat (or Perth. I can't remember now. Same design as Diplomat; half-brogue)

Others
- Church's Ryder III (Darkbrown suede chukka boots)
- Herring Hebrides (Blue Nubuck deck shoes)

And of course two pairs of Nike running shoes.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping a necrothread since this seems as good of a place as any to post it. Spent the snow day yesterday doing some shoe maintenance and taking stock of exactly what I had since I've bought and sold a bunch lately. Current collection (excuse the SW&D stuff at bottom):
12298453735_665f93069b_k.jpg

1. C&J for S&H, C&J
2. C&J x 3
3. EG for RL
4. Vass, C&J for RL, Alden
5. Heschung, AS, AE
6. AE, C&J, Meermin
7. Sanders, Alden, C&J for RL
8. Paul Stuart, AE
9. C&J, Meermin, AE, Grenson for Paul Stuart
10. OSB x 2
11. C&J for BBBF, Loake, Grenson
12. AE, C&J
13. Haerfest, Pantafola
14. Billy Reid, Buttero, Oliver Spencer

Last edited:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^ That's what floats my boat right there - diversity. A terrific mix of styles and colours means you always have the right shoe for the right outfit and occasion. Thanks for the look.

Thanks Roger! I'm pretty sure all were bought since discovering this forum 3 years ago or so. I made plenty of mistakes along the way, but I'm pretty happy with how it's coming together. Current wants include a dark brown suede bal, a shell cordovan derby (I only have one cordovan shoe, the RL Marlow), and possibly an austerity brogue. Anyone have anything else to suggest that's obviously missing?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Well I endorse all those "wants". ;-) I suspect we are in a similar position, in that there aren't a lot of glaring gottahaveit omissions in the existing rotation. My purchases going forward will likely be a bit more "niche". Interesting designs, perhaps some more adventurous colours (you need blue, by the way ;-) ) - shoes that I just fall in love with for some reason or another. You also might consider a bal-boot at some point.

Last edited:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I suspect we are in a similar position, in that there aren't a lot of glaring gottahaveit omissions in the existing rotation. My purchases going forward will likely be a bit more "niche". Interesting designs, perhaps some more adventurous colours (you need blue, by the way ;-) ) - shoes that I just fall in love with for some reason or another.

You also might consider a bal-boot at some point.

Something blue, or loden even, could be a fun add. I had the AE Fifth St bal-boot for a while, but I rarely wore it, and the 5 last just isn't a good last for my foot so I sold it. I'm not opposed to giving a different boot a try though...

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW Roger, those Cleverley boots you posted in the shoe Appreciation thread look amazing!

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a bal boot, one of my absolute faves - and a great value, to boot (pun alert!) is the Carmina 80092. It comes in about a dozen different varieties and combinations of smooth calf, pebble grain, suede and shell. Most often rendered on the Robert and Forest lasts, which are reasonably accomodating. I have an all-suede pair in dark brown and they have served me well and frequently over the course of this winter.
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Last edited:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For a bal boot, one of my absolute faves - and a great value, to boot (pun alert!) is the Carmina 80092.

Wow, those look great too! I hadn't really considered knocking off the dark brown suede bal category with a boot, but those look fantastic. Plus, that would be my first pair of Carminas, which I've always wanted to try. (My wife already has a pair of Carmina boots from Epaulet.) Hmm...

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fred, Interesting thread to do CPR on.

This might be a nice winter project. I'm not close to Andrew's league but I do have a few brands to show off... :slayer: in addition to 3 pairs being made (2x G&G & 1x Alden).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul_L