• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SExDBxSxS12 Contest: Styleforum vs Superfuture

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just reread this entire thread now that these are on sale at SE, trying to figure out sizing and if i like the fading and such.

Man, the moment when, a long while after people were accusing Nomy of sandpapering or whatever for fades, Nomy reveals his secret: lots and lots of video games with a giant arcade controller on his lap--it feels like an Arrested Development episode.

Also, I don't like how the pocket fades come out early, but I do like how they end up making sense with the rest of the fades as the jeans age.

All my favorite fitting jeans and pants measure 30" at the waistband, so I'm assuming I want a size 29 in these if I pull the trigger. Can anyone confirm?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds right at least thats what i did. you can also email or call kiya and he can give you a better rec. i remember him just telling everyone to go TTS

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I found they ended up fitting kind of loose in the waist but stayed pretty slim in the hips, for anyone considering a pair. I liked the look, but that, combined with the weight of the denim, wasn't great for leg mobility. :laugh:

x-post from wvg & rrl thread
tumblr_m0ap6a779f1r8r7j9o1_500.jpg
tumblr_m0ap6a779f1r8r7j9o2_500.jpg
tumblr_m0ap6a779f1r8r7j9
RRL x SExDBxSxS12 x WvG x RRL

RRL Gambler's jacket? Looks sick! :slayer:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up the second to last pair of 29s. I hemmed and hawed about 28 vs. 29 before realizing that basically anyone who bought 28s were out of the contest, selling them, or both, and that the winner of the contest actually sized up one. That put me off the 28s, as you guys all were in essence advising anyway. Thanks guys.

Nomy?

Reaction score
^^^I'm sure you will like this peice of denim, pocket fades are what made this jean unique IMO, don't be afraid to wash them these will hold alot of their indigo. good luck!

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh my lord. They arrived and...I can't get them buttoned up. Not that the waist is too small, but that I literally cannot force the buttons through the holes. I'll have to do the pen trick after I soak.

Other notes: I do have a Dry Bones tag in the coin pocket, and brown back pocket liners. I also found a Roy cardboard tag chilling the front pocket. One of these:

Dunno how that got there.

And god this denim is ridiculous. These are beautiful, and this is gonna be ******* awesome.

Nomy?

Reaction score

oh my lord. They arrived and...I can't get them buttoned up. Not that the waist is too small, but that I literally cannot force the buttons through the holes. I'll have to do the pen trick after I soak.
Other notes: I do have a Dry Bones tag in the coin pocket, and brown back pocket liners. I also found a Roy cardboard tag chilling the front pocket. One of these:

Dunno how that got there.
And god this denim is ridiculous. These are beautiful, and this is gonna be ******* awesome.

LOL! ^^^The good old days!! blue and soar thumbs!

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this because even though we've had like 11 evolution stories told on here, mine went a little different in the shrink phase than what's been posted here. So for anyone who picked these up at the sale price...

Took the red SF off (took forever, I think I'm just a slow seamster). Left no trace except a slight lightening of the denim from where I had my hands on the denim for like an hour, picking away with my knife. Not noticeable.

Did a one-hour super hot soak (tap at max + water heated on stove until it started making tiny bubbles), adding stove-heated water every 15 minutes or so to keep the heat up.

Towel-rolled and air dryed overnight. I was figuring on doing a second soak immediately since most people said they got almost no shrinkage from their first soak, but these size 29s actually did shrink to almost 29" waist, and I lost something like an inch of inseam, maybe a little more. I'm figuring I must have gotten any shrink out that I should be worried about. Also, the hem shrunk to 6 7/8", which I kind of love. I guess if the crocking is ruining my life, I will hot soak again.

So now they were stand-on-their-own stiff. Realized I'd forgotten to do the sharpie button hole trick while they were drying, so I just stuck a sharpie through the button holes while they were dry and wriggled it around. It felt a little dirty. But that opened them right up, and I struggled a lot less in the buttoning.

Fit is great. Gonna wear the **** out of them, but probably just on cooler days to start with.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xpost from waywt:

I'm somewhere past a month of wear now, wearing them about six days a week. Hard to tell here, but I'm seeing some fades coming through.

In the past week, the stacking mellowed out and both front pockets became usable. The best change since I started wearing them has been that the denim quit digging into my hip when I sit down. It was leaving a mark at the end of the day for a bit there. Back pockets are still kinda tight though. As I was warned, the hips on these are relatively small. No wonder size 28 is still available. And the first two weeks were an insane crockfest that my bag got the brunt of:

I'm excited to watch these fade the **** up.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still wearing these. I obviously didn't wear them much last summer, so counting how long I've been wearing them is hard--maybe it's like 9 or 10 months of wear if you add it up. I've reinforced the button holes because they were wearing out, and I'm thinking about getting them hemmed--stacking on these has never totally gotten it together. Been washing them every two months for the past 6 months, figured I'd post pics before another wash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads