• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SExDBxSxS12 Contest: Styleforum vs Superfuture

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is for the contest between Styleforum and Superfuture for the Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture x Styleforum (SEXDBXSXS12) Jean. Styleforum Thread Superfuture Thread Superfuture has their contest thread started and SF's will be modelled the same.

1) Please answer the poll;
2) PM me with your start date & location;
3) Wear jeans and post pics often!

From Sufu contest thread: Ideally, everyone involved in the contest should post pictures at least once a month, but more is always encouraged. I havent figured out judges yet, and I'm working out prizes, but I just wanted to get this rolling first. Anyone who's interested in joining and/or helping with judging or prize suggestions/assistance please PM me. Stay tuned as more details will follow over the next couple weeks... I know a lot of people started to wear theirs when they were released in early Dec 2010, so there's no official start date. The entry list will be open from today, Feb. 1st 2011 to Feb. 28th 2011, and the contest will run through Feb. 28th 2012. As far as prizes are concerned, I have talked to Kiya at Self Edge and he has generously offered the winning pair a spot on display at Self Edge San Francisco (As long as the winner wants to part with them). If 1st place declines, it will be deferred to 2nd, then to third. Working out other prizes as the days go on. Again, if anyone has any other ideas, please PM me. Good Luck!

Originally Posted by LA Guy
Well, this contest is now officially sponsored by Styleforum. The winners of the contest will be chosen by Kiya and me (Fok), and will be based on evolution and end product (so, post pics here periodically.) Final entries must be entered by January 8, 2012. The winner will be announced on January 12, 2012. Prizes 1st Prize The First Prize will be the opportunity to have your jeans displayed at Self Edge SF. In addition, the winner will take home a $300 gift certificate from Self Edge, courtesy of Self Edge and Styleforum. 2nd prize The second prize will be a $200 gift certificate from Self Edge, courtesy of Self Edge and Styleforum. Superfuture dudes are very welcome to post, but the contest winners will be based on posts here. Feel free to tell your friends, but don't break any Sufu rules please, guys.
Originally Posted by LA Guy
No, January 2012 is the last day for final entries. Let's set the last date for entries to be March 31, 2011. Exceptions only for exceptional cases (such as, you've been in a coma, and woke up April 1.) Get those jeans and get started. Fok.
1) randomkoreandude - Washington, DC - Dec 11, 2010
2) MSSneaker - LA - Jan 6, 2011
3) Nomy¥ - DFW area, TX - Feb 8, 2011
4) fonhop - Feb, 2011
5) notwithit - Philly - Mar 3, 2011
6) NAMOR - Folsom, CA - Mar, 2011
7) Local_Disk - NY - Mar, 2011
8) Derek92 - Mar, 2011
9) goldenjew - Mar, 2011

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^which is why we need you signed up AR_Six
devil.gif
sufu has 12 people signed up thus far (i'm one of them, so really 11) your right, they seem to have more denim enthusiasts and heavy hitters in comparison to here, however, most of those guys are involved in other concurrent contests for Roys, Iron Hearts, etc. ... also with current numbers, odds arent that bad for the winner. hopefully we can come up with a cool/interesting prize ... this should give more incentive for SF members to stepup against sufu and regardless, it would be interesting to see a comparison of lets say our best 3 vs their best 3 or something along those lines

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
It's tempting because I like the cut and if I'm buying a pair of raws I want them really dark which these are. They're also super heavy which is also in their favour. But really I'm not gonna drop 375 on a second pair of go-to jeans when I haven't tried them on, at this point... not knowing how they'll fit initially and not knowing how they'll stretch is a bit of a dealbreaker when I could be spending on something I actually need. They do look great though.

fonhop

Reaction score
count me in
happy.gif
i just received my jeans back from hemming.. fit pics soon

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
^^ Those must be killing your white CP's. Mine bleed everywhere.

not at all for me. maybe it was cuz i did two initial hot soaks or cuz they are cuffed but little to no bleeding on the cps
satisfied.gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
It seems like a foregone conclusion that Sufu would kick SF's ass at something like this, dunnit?

I think if people jut wear em they'll be fine, just don't give up...the phantom guys usually end up winning anyways...

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
not at all for me. maybe it was cuz i did two initial hot soaks or cuz they are cuffed but little to no bleeding on the cps
satisfied.gif

I have no way to explain that. I did two hot soaks as well. I stopped wearing them with my peanut suede Yuk's altogether because they were killing them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads