• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture x Styleforum = SEXDBXSXS12

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by octopandda
Actually, I think JimmyC's patch really captured the sensibility of superfuture(R): a child coming out of a clipart database pretending to dress up like a worker and carrying a big logo around.
hahahahahahahhahahahahahah i don't think either patch looks that great tbh but whatever. also i thought that was the kid from fallout

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attachment 55251
fight[1].gif

Johnny5

Reaction score
Both patches are fine but am really surprised that Jimmy C made that comment. Thumbs down for him.

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
are you saying more traffic than here or more in general ... if the former doubtful. theyve been around longer and had much more time to build a base but i think this forum lends itself to attracting anyone and everyone ... maybe to its detriment with all the daily noobs and terrible start ups like Fuel Star and that crazy denim dude from last week

Wait... to clarify, we are doing a lot better than sufu in terms of traffic nowadays aren't we? I mean really, sufu is dead. I notice that we usually have twice as many active users over on SF (registered members and lurkers) than there are on sufu. I started off split between both sufu and SF, but I now only frequent SF. Their supermarket is appallingly awful.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobojones
Wait... to clarify, we are doing a lot better than sufu in terms of traffic nowadays aren't we? I mean really, sufu is dead. I notice that we usually have twice as many active users over on SF (registered members and lurkers) than there are on sufu. I started off split between both sufu and SF, but I now only frequent SF. Their supermarket is appallingly awful.
yeah if you go back last page, fok put up a graph of hits/users and we are 2x/3x larger. they arent dead at all. but they have a core group following (mostly denimheads) where we are growing every month ... i dont know if it was jimmyC or mods at SuFu's end but i was surprised their banner ad and link shows styleforum upside down. maybe it was unintentional (doubt it) but pretty classless. but like Fok said, let em hate edit: it would be interesting to see the affiliates (probably more relevant to SE), that contribute to both forums, gets more business from here due to larger following and exposure or there just because of longer affiliation, customer loyalty, and just of virtue of clientele, etc.

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
yeah if you go back last page, fok put up a graph of hits/users and we are 2x/3x larger. they arent dead at all. but they have a core group following (mostly denimheads) where we are growing every month ...

i dont know if it was jimmyC or mods at SuFu's end but i was surprised their banner ad and link shows styleforum upside down. maybe it was unintentional (doubt it) but pretty classless. but like Fok said, let em hate

Oh LOL didn't follow the link. But yeah, superdenim seems to be the only decent thing they have around there. And I guess I'll admit to reading some of the threads in supertrash when I'm really bored at work.
redface.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The jeans themselves look great. Really good. But the double patches, the SF in red, the non-complimentry designs of the 2 patches is just silly. It has no harmony or meaning anymore. This is way over done. Any more and it will start looking like a NASCAR. "Too many cooks......."

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
The jeans themselves look great. Really good. But the double patches, the SF in red, the non-complimentry designs of the 2 patches is just silly. It has no harmony or meaning anymore. This is way over done. Any more and it will start looking like a NASCAR. "Too many cooks......."

Either of the two patches can be taken off. Both if you want to really. It would be a shame to pass up on them, though. The jeans themselves are a beautiful piece of work, even if you don't like the somewhat chaotic patch designs.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We sold a load in SF today and two people actually took off one patch IN store, it takes no more than 5 seconds once you cut one section of the thread.
One took off the Sufu patch and the other took off the Styleforum patch.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both patches are pretty eh (and I pay more attention to Superdenim than SW&D), but I don't get knocking the SF patch. It looks like the Levi's knockoffs so many heritage brands use or used.

Racove

Reaction score
It's the SF pocket embroidery that really ruins it for me. Yes, 2 patches is silly but seems livable. The cut looks outstanding and I'm really into heavyweight denim these days. Dry Bones has a great rep too.

Brian SD

Reaction score
SF pocket embroidery is completely ambiguous as to meaning, however. I would think that would be the least "nerdy" portion of the jeans - at least less nerdy than sporting a pip boy on your right asscheek.

I think the bright red SF on the pocket is my favorite customization, despite the patch being of my creation.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it fits on others' frames. Sidney is a cool guy and has done a lot for the denim scene and for Self Edge, but he has a tendency to make everything he wears look like it all has the exact same (good) cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads