• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

juicemakesugar

Reaction score
Yesterday: Montale Black Aoud (great scent from the first whiff all the way to shower time the next morning)
Today: Juicy Couture Dirty English

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today I re-visted an old, neglected classic - Estee Lauder Azuree. I had forgotten that I had this (two bottles in fact - from different manufacture dates).

Marketed to women - but few women would be caught wearing this old-school fragrance today. Where today's teen pop-tarts look for approval in frilly short skirts and knees-together schoolgirl poses, Azuree is Joan Crawford reminding the gents in the boardroom that this isn't her first time at the rodeo. Austere, slightly testy, difficult to deal with at first butonce you get past the shrill, overexposed beginning, it is a keeper.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^
I was just reading about that one last night - it's supposedly very close to Aramis for men, right? I think Tania Sanchez also compared it to the original Cabochard (both by Bernard Chant). In any case I'm about to go on a Lauder/Aramis spending spree, and I was wondering if Azuree or Aramis was a better buy. I think I'm also going to pick up Aramis 900 EdC (instead of the EdP clone Aromatics Elixir) and maybe Devin as well.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
^^^
I was just reading about that one last night - it's supposedly very close to Aramis for men, right? I think Tania Sanchez also compared it to the original Cabochard (both by Bernard Chant). In any case I'm about to go on a Lauder/Aramis spending spree, and I was wondering if Azuree or Aramis was a better buy. I think I'm also going to pick up Aramis 900 EdC (instead of the EdP clone Aromatics Elixir) and maybe Devin as well.

As I understand it, they were both very similar at inception, but have since changed somewhat and possibly diverged. I haven't tested Aramis in a very long time so I can't comment directly on this. However, Azuree is astonishingly strong - more than one spray and it blooms uncontrollably on me, especially in summer.

Between the two it's a toss-up. Aramis may be easier to wear and have better manners. Azuree however is very reasonably priced (what, $35 or so?), and at edp strength (the only one), you might have this bottle for a long, long time.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
L'Instant. nuthin fancy.

I love this one; it just feels like such a nice, no nonsense, "modern" fragrance. Not bland, but not so niche that it hits your nose funny.

I've got it in all of its manifestations (EdP Extreme, D'un ete, etc.) and I just love all of them.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
And now for something completely different: Chanel Antaeus.

I know I said I'd sample more. Maybe tomorrow. Today's looking hectic and stressful, and I wanted something that would give me a mental boost and a little comfort. Strangely it's taking a dark turn on me - the woody spices are still there but a dark leather note is coming forth, as when Shostakovich's fifth symphony transitions from second to third movements.

changeofpace

Reaction score
I love Jean Paul Gaultier's LE MALE.
P6322_hero.jpg
Can anyone recommend a similar fragrance ?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^LE Male is very distinctive and unique; it's one of those mainstream scents that is so identifiable that I can't really think of another in the same sort of line right off hand. Nevertheless, if you like the sweetness of Le Male (which has a distinct vanilla and tonka base), then you might like Givenchy Pi. For me, Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'ete today. This one is NOT a well known Guerlain and is not very popular, but it's really wonderful... earthy, subtle, and with spicy carnation. A really neat one that I somehow missed when it first came out.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Rach,

What was that sample you sent...cannabis rose? I can't find anything on basenotes for it. Anyway that's what I'm wearing.

Strangely I have no idea what cannabis smells like but the rose comes through clearly.

edit: FOUND IT - Fresh Cannabis Rose.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today I returned to my sample of Ava-Luxe Kama. Supposedly a close relative to Miller Harris L'Air de Rien, at a much lower price. I didn't care much for it the first few times I gave it a whirl, but the colder weather makes it more warm and welcoming. It's a fairly dry cedar/patchouli/incense combination, herbal and somewhat hippy. I think I'd like a bit more bite to it - clove oil or maybe cardamom would give it more snap and cut the slacker vibe a bit. I may buy a bottle just to experiment and see what happens.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey T,

Sorry, I didn't read this thread much yesterday. As you found, it was Fresh cannabis Rose. Like Cannabis santal, fresh's other "cannabis" scent, I really get no discernible cannabis note from it. I think it's just an advertising gimmick, or perhaps the note that they put in there is different than what I think of as "cannabis."

Anyway, both are lovely scents... the Cannabis santal is very sweet, like a classier "Angel Men," while Cannabis rose is a nice, funky rose... much "earthier" than its Santal counterpart.

Basenotes has been slow up update it and is schizophrenic in which scents get updated and which don't... I don't know why. Some scents get updated the DAY you send a request or the day the come out... others languor for years in the netherworld (I asked him for probably 2 years to update keiko Mecheri musc and Creed bois du santal).

It's just one of many issues I have with that resource.

Haven't put anything on yet... but all week... I've been trying out Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'ete and liking it a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads