• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ You should definitely try the 2nd *******. At the top it's very dirty--literally, it smells like peaty dirt. Soon, some coniferous notes emerge along with a really big, pleasant scotch note. What really makes it work is that there's some kind of sweetness that's hard to place; it really rounds out what could otherwise be a very aggressive scent.

It's easy to take this scent as a joke because of the ad campaign, but it really is good.

Last edited:

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ You should definitely try the 2nd *******. At the top it's very dirty--literally, it smells like peaty dirt. Soon, some coniferous notes emerge along with a really big, pleasant scotch note. What really makes it work is that there's some kind of sweetness that's hard to place; it really rounds out what could otherwise be a very aggressive scent.

It's easy to take this scent as a joke because of the ad campaign, but it really is good.

Do you have the oil or the edt of this?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I have the oil.

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Delving into boozy scents this time.

I have tried Lubin Idole, Lubin Korrigan, and HdP 1740.

Now waiting on Frapin samples to arrive.

Also eager to hear feedback on Jovoy's Les Jeux Son Fait.  Very nice bottle.

Anyone able to post on their favourite boozy scent?

Accidentally splashing your favourite scotch, cognac or rum on yourself does not count.

I vote Frapin 1270 for all around booze and Kilian Straight to Heaven for rum, specifically.

^^ I have the oil.

Thanks. I've been wanting to pick some up for evening wear.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now I am experiencing a mood that is called frustration. As I've mentioned before, I absolutely love the two Jul et Mad fragrances I've tried: Terrasse a St. Germain and Stilettos on Lex. But now I am out of both and I absolutely cannot justify the price for full bottles. ($280 for 50ml.) And decants are extremely hard to come by. (I got mine by pure luck.)

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now I am experiencing a mood that is called frustration. As I've mentioned before, I absolutely love the two Jul et Mad fragrances I've tried: Terrasse a St. Germain and Stilettos on Lex. But now I am out of both and I absolutely cannot justify the price for full bottles. ($280 for 50ml.) And decants are extremely hard to come by. (I got mine by pure luck.)

Edit: MiN does sell samples of these. I'll have to try them.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Edit: MiN does sell samples of these. I'll have to try them.

The samples are tiny, and they charge a ton to ship them, I think. They are absolutely fantastic, though; both were love at first smell.

EDIT: Oh, you are in NY.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vétiver Extraordinaire today.
So far, I'm loving all the ordered samples.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

i don't even look at scents at that price point. no point falling in love with something for which i can't justify the expense. sharp knees ya know.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that's generally a wise strategy. I ordered a 50-fragrance random sample from STC a while ago, and two of the fragrances were the Jul et Mad. I had not even heard of them at the time. Oddly enough, STC does not have the Jul et Mad scents for sale.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I think that's generally a wise strategy. I ordered a 50-fragrance random sample from STC a while ago, and two of the fragrances were the Jul et Mad. I had not even heard of them at the time. Oddly enough, STC does not have the Jul et Mad scents for sale.

And the other 48 were duplicates of ones you already own, right? :p

SotE: Villoresi - Teint de Neige

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Valentino Vendetta today. I've had this forever and rarely wear it - maybe because I tend not to wear very strong scents. I always forget how odd this one is - it's citric and herbal up top and starts out like a classic chypre, but the base is spicy and ambery like an oriental, and there are sharp soapy fougere notes popping up along the way. Despite the seeming contradictions it feels balanced and well made.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Yohji Homme.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And the other 48 were duplicates of ones you already own, right? :p

SotE: Villoresi - Teint de Neige

There were lots of rarities in that batch! Some I liked a lot, but some were among the worst perfumes I've ever smelled. (Yes, I am talking about you, White Sand by Finn & Co.)

Pre-shower: Kai edp
SOTD: Guerlain Parure

Also, for those of you who read French, this looks like it should be very good:

http://www.amazon.fr/Formules-Secrè...1375725961&sr=8-1&keywords=secretes+parfumeur

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads