• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would you crazy fools even believe me if I told you I switched into Lumiere Noire pour Homme for my eveningtime scent? Well you should believe me because it's true.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd believe that, was there some rule against it for the evening?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents heading out to Barneys in SF in a few days any recommendations of things I should look for there?

I have:

Byredo
-Marvelous Man
-Rose Noir
-Blanche
-Accord Oud

Frederick Malle
-Noir Epices
-(might buy POAL, Bois'DOrage)

Le Labo
-Santal 33
-(might buy Limette39)

Any help would be sincerely appreciated it

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's my suggestions for things to try:

Byredo Bullion (not sure they'll have it, but if so, it's worth a try.)
Lutens Ambre Sultan
Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan
Malle Dries van Noten
Malle Lipstick Rose (at least worth a try.)
Diptyque 34 Boulevard St. Germain
Le Labo Vetiver 46
L'Artisan Poivre Piquant
L'Artisan Al Oudh

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I am wearing Caravelle Epices. I went to my local shoe shop, and what should he now be stocking but Frapin fragrances! He had Speakeasy, L'Humaniste and a few others.

Ulsterman

Reaction score

Gents heading out to Barneys in SF in a few days any recommendations of things I should look for there?

I have:

Byredo
-Marvelous Man
-Rose Noir
-Blanche
-Accord Oud

Frederick Malle
-Noir Epices

Le Labo
-Santal 33
-(might buy Limette39)

I'm completely obsessed with bois d'orage so I would recommend that up and down. One of the best made IMO.

If you haven't tried Nasomatto yet please do..I own Pardon and it is great.

They also have the full range of Serge Lutens. I own filles en aiguilles and love it, but they have dozens to try.

They also have Comme de Garcons line. Avignon is a gorgeous incense fragrance that is ridiculously addictive.

Hmmm what else, they carry James Heeley. Menthe Fraiche and Sel Marin are big hits from that line
Although I prefer Geranium Pour Monsieur for a mint fragrance.

As.you will be in Union Square I suggest stopping in Nieman Marcus. The Dior section carries the entire le collection privee. Ambre Nuit, bois d'argent and Granville are standouts from that line.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I am wearing Caravelle Epices. I went to my local shoe shop, and what should he now be stocking but Frapin fragrances! He had Speakeasy, L'Humaniste and a few others.
What store was that? Luckyscents shipping kills it I'm in need of finding a new place for frapins

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Min New York stocks Frapin, but I don't know about their shipping.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have:

Byredo
-Marvelous Man
-Rose Noir
-Blanche
-Accord Oud

Frederick Malle
-Noir Epices

Le Labo
-Santal 33
-(might buy Limette39)

Here's my suggestions for things to try:

Byredo Bullion (not sure they'll have it, but if so, it's worth a try.)
Lutens Ambre Sultan
Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan
Malle Dries van Noten
Malle Lipstick Rose (at least worth a try.)
Diptyque 34 Boulevard St. Germain
Le Labo Vetiver 46
L'Artisan Poivre Piquant
L'Artisan Al Oudh

I'm completely obsessed with bois d'orage so I would recommend that up and down. One of the best made IMO.

If you haven't tried Nasomatto yet please do..I own Pardon and it is great.

They also have the full range of Serge Lutens. I own filles en aiguilles and love it, but they have dozens to try.

They also have Comme de Garcons line. Avignon is a gorgeous incense fragrance that is ridiculously addictive.

Hmmm what else, they carry James Heeley. Menthe Fraiche and Sel Marin are big hits from that line
Although I prefer Geranium Pour Monsieur for a mint fragrance.

As.you will be in Union Square I suggest stopping in Nieman Marcus. The Dior section carries the entire le collection privee. Ambre Nuit, bois d'argent and Granville are standouts from that line.

Good suggestions. Mine:

Le Labo Iris 39 - one of my favorite irises. Probably my all time fave iris.

Heeley Cuir Plein Fleur - outstanding, sophisticated leather.

Commes des Garcons Stephen Jones - I really like this perfume but you just have to try it.

Yosh - Sombre Negre - great masculine fragrance and one I've heard many interpretations of. If you like tobacco, this one is unsweetened tobacco, for those who like to roll their own with fine halfzware shag tobacco!

Talk to Josh there - he's a tall guy with a short-cropped beard. Very helpful and laid back. Him or Rebeca.

I also second the stop by Neiman Marcus. They have the Dior line as well as a great line of Guerlain.

noirwest

Reaction score
So I noticed that Luckyscent is offering samples of the Le Labo city exclusives with the seductive tagline "Sample Now. Purchase Later." Does anyone know when/if actual bottles will be available for purchase? I've been longing for some Gaiac 10 for a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads