• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Bond No. 9 Cooper Square. I've been all over the map on this one. At first I hated it. Then I really liked it a lot. No I'm in the middle, but lean toward not liking it. There's a barbershop vibe that I like, but there's also a really prominent myrrh note that spoils it for me.

SOTD: Dior Gris Montaigne. This is a fantastic addition to the Collection Privee.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Odeur 71

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
M/Mink is my eveningtime scent yes it is.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Question for you guys... I've got brand new manufacturer samples of an entire line, so say like all 18 Byredo or Malle... on eBay, the individual samples go for like $8-12 a piece, so in theory having all 18 should cost around $200 also considering you can sample through the entire line at once... and yet do you think people will pay $200 to get the entire lines samples? It's around the same price as a decanter I think and at least they're 1.5-2ml samples not 0.5 and they're in atomizers with literature...

If you wanted to sample a whole line or have them all as a reference, like say Malles line or Byredo's, all 18 official samples, how much would you pay to get that?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Bois Marocain
SOTD: PdN New York

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing O'Driue Linfidele today. It's a balmy scent with a slight sharp note of pine. Perfect for this winter heading into spring weather.

Not FB-worthy, but I can't see how any O'Driu scent ever could be at their prices.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creed Erolfra

Yeah I got to play with the O'druio sample set and there were 2 I thought were quite nice but yeah I wouldnt pay the $$ for a FB

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Delving into boozy scents this time.

I have tried Lubin Idole, Lubin Korrigan, and HdP 1740.

Now waiting on Frapin samples to arrive.

Also eager to hear feedback on Jovoy's Les Jeux Son Fait. Very nice bottle.

Anyone able to post on their favourite boozy scent?

Accidentally splashing your favourite scotch, cognac or rum on yourself does not count.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads