• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saturdays Surf Official Thread

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, looks like no one's created an official (or even unofficial) Saturdays Surf thread yet, and it seems like this 2 year old company is a real up and comer. Their designs are fairly creative as well, with a simple Kadinsky-esque attention to style.

I'm also curious about their fits, and was wondering if anyone had firsthand knowledge? I'm especially curious about their newly debuted chinos (http://www.saturdaysnyc.com/item/dora-chino-pant), which are seam taped and reasonably priced.

Thoughts?

Phiberglass

Reaction score
Was waiting for one of these threads. I'm thinking about purchasing a zip up hoodie, and possibly their chinos (pants and shorts). I own a few basic shirts with Saturdays screenpring on them. They've held up alright but for $35, not sure I would buy them again. I'm looking to buy possibly the striped shirt as well, but not sure how it's going to hold up and spending around $90 on it.

They are producing some excellent stuff though. Great to see some surfers having fun in New York.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
so, how do you know the owner? cousin?

Wise guy, eh? Actually I AM the owner. How do you like them apples?

jaac

Reaction score
The stuff looks good, i emailed them about sizing info and got no reply though so i didn't kop. Some sizing info on the site would be cool.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I click on terms and conditions, it brings me there for a second and then goes back to my original page.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Any store that'll let me buy LVCs, a pound of coffee, and a wetsuit all at once is A-OK in my book. Not sure what I'd do with the wetsuit, exactly, but I'll figure something out.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice stuff. No leg length?
eh.gif

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed with all of you guys, they really need to post up some measurements. I shot them an email a few days ago about the sizing on their chinos, but no reply yet. If only they'd get back to me...

Does anyone know the fit of the shirts? Is it slim, or regular?

wangvicous

Reaction score
I bought the pullover sweatshirt. Cool store cool people. Sizing is long and rather skinny. Im generally an xl sometimes an l and i went with xl

trafficjam

Reaction score
Sent them an email regarding sizing on boardshorts. Took 'em several days to get back to me, but they did give me everything I asked for. Ordered, received order, product measures to what they said and it is ******* awesome. So that's nice.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've got some cool stuff, and the shop is worth a visit if you're in the Village, real cool concept. Only thing I have from them is a t-shirt and it fits TTS.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm in between a small and a medium and the small button down fits REALLY tight, but it's workable. Looks like their cut is slim, but not BoO slim. I have a fit pic up on the WAYWT discussion thread, pretty recent.

Very close to pulling the trigger on those chinos. Any word? And any coupons for the website?

MORTAR

Brand Representative
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’m very excited to announce to you that a beta version of our web store is now up and running, and we have a ton of great Saturdays stuff. If you enter the code StyleForum you will earn 15% off your entire purchase. You can access the store by visiting shopmortar.com and clicking on the store link. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,
Dillon

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads