• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim_Connoisseur

Reaction score
Dumb question but those with longer coats/cabans - what do you do when sitting down in it (i.e. on the tube/metro/bus/car).

I don't think I've ever cared before but I've managed to finally fit my fw13 allure coat and I'm kinda precious about getting it bent out of shape/pilling beyond what is necessary - maybe it makes no difference.

Do I just accept doing a casual tuck under when plonking my arse down or forever give up my seat to the pregnant and elderly?

(I accept this is a ridiculous question to ask but surely the thought of what happens to your coat when you sit down isn't just something that registers on my mind alone) :rolleyes:
I use the hanger to hang my coats on the back seat while driving or keep them nicely folded in the lap if I'm on a passenger seat. Since the heat is usually on in the car during winters, I do not wear the coat while seated plus it is also feels a bit constricting. While wearing a coat I prefer standing on the subway (tube) to compensate for the long hours I stay seated during work.

Someone said that the coat looks better with wear however, I don't necessarily agree with that statement. Since you are not likely to find another Hedi piece in great condition as replacement, you'd want to take care of it.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a good question. You should be standing most of the time when wearing a coat, but if you need to sit, go through the trouble of taking it off and folding it on your lap if there's no storage.

Robin Michelangelo

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a slightly used pair of FoX harnesses in a size 42.5 let me know. They have sole protectors and the whole shebang. No stains no nothing look good as new.

royal3

Reaction score
I just got my first pair of Wyatt Harness and they fit amazing but are incredibly difficult to take on and off. Even when unzipped all the way. Is there a trick to this I'm missing?

clskier

Reaction score
I just got my first pair of Wyatt Harness and they fit amazing but are incredibly difficult to take on and off. Even when unzipped all the way. Is there a trick to this I'm missing?
I've had mine for ages and they're still a major pain to take on and off, I just use a long shoehorn every time to get my heel in. Without a shoehorn it's incredibly hard.

OhMe

Reaction score
Was the Fox Harness boots one of Hedis or Anthonys?

Fox colorway is 2017 so "Anthony era" but honestly I don't think Anthony has an eye on the colors... Anyway this is just a variation of color : each season there is something like fox, or nut, or cigar, etc.

Same thing for Hedi or anyone else : I think he made choices on the colors back in 2013 but after that this is the team which manage the color I guess.

Hey guys what colorway do you guys prefer on the harness. The Fox Suede or the Nut Suede? I feel like that Fox is more like the ocher and the nut is a little more greasy for blue denim. Let me know!

I decided to buy the fox ones :
- I prefer the color
- I prefere the texture

The nut one is "damaged" : I don't have the word to describe it but you can see on the photo what I mean :

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-a8zMq6nS...E_3XaphbPJNCW25t_gCLcB/s1600/wyattboots-6.jpg

Dumb question but those with longer coats/cabans - what do you do when sitting down in it (i.e. on the tube/metro/bus/car).

1 : I remove my coat before I sit

2 : I don't sit

Robin Michelangelo

Reaction score
Fox colorway is 2017 so "Anthony era" but honestly I don't think Anthony has an eye on the colors... Anyway this is just a variation of color : each season there is something like fox, or nut, or cigar, etc.

Same thing for Hedi or anyone else : I think he made choices on the colors back in 2013 but after that this is the team which manage the color I guess.

I decided to buy the fox ones :
- I prefer the color
- I prefere the texture

The nut one is "damaged" : I don't have the word to describe it but you can see on the photo what I mean :

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-a8zMq6nS...E_3XaphbPJNCW25t_gCLcB/s1600/wyattboots-6.jpg

1 : I remove my coat before I sit

2 : I don't sit
So you prefer the Fox ones over the Nut ones. What color denim goes best with the Fox ones do you think?

OhMe

Reaction score
Btw I bought western shirts from private sale (among other things) and I find these incredibly cheap for the price...

450 €, - 40 % = 270 € :

38587854sg_13_a_v4.jpg

590 €, - 40 % = 354 € :

38562522sw_13_a_v4.jpg

I am really disapointed by those two. Even at - 40 % I don't think it's worth the price at all. I will ask a return.

I will only keep this shirt which is way better (the construction is like a dress shirt with solid collar, double pleat on sleeve placket, etc), 490 € - 40 % = 294 € which is ok, really nice shirt :

38587836cx_13_a_v4.jpg

OhMe

Reaction score
So you prefer the Fox ones over the Nut ones.

Yes I prefer fox but this is personnal : nut color is great too but I just don't like the "damaged effect", like I don't like washed jeans.

What color denim goes best with the Fox ones do you think?

Indigo raw forever. But black of course, dirt or not, some grey, etc. For fox or nut.

Have a look at the runway man : https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2013-menswear/saint-laurent/slideshow/collection

slim

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently purchased my first pair of boots, black suede harness wyatt. Im going to a semi formal NYE party and would appreciate any suggestions you guys have on what to wear these with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads