• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've noticed a step up in quality / accuracy in production this season too definitely, and almost everything I've bought has just been ordinary permanent collection stuff. Next season looks very promising to me. Footwear is 100% to my tastes, and I like lots of the outerwear. I'm looking forward to trying one of these overcoats actually. At first I thought it was too much for me, but then I'm thinking with my wardrobe which is pretty plain and basic, then it could look really cool:
Denim distressing is the only complaint I have this season and the last few years. It hardly ever matches the preproduction samples anymore. The knee rips for an example look nothing like the sample versions. Anyway I decided to keep the shirt. Sending it back to my sister in law and having her deal with the process is too much of a hassle. I think I'm a bit ok with the rips now too. The shirt will work well in warmer weather

cloonz

Reaction score

anyone have any luck with the hawaiian shirts? i like them as objects, but look like a tool in them. 

I love the black and white leaves print but couldn't pull it off so I got a black twill western instead. I didn't like the collar on the hawaiian shirts or how it looked with boots but they do look nice with sneakers.

jwoowoo

Reaction score
The hawaiian shirts are probably my favorite things to wear in warm weather. I feel they do look good with boots as well. I have both the black and red silk ones from ss14 and the blue one from this season is one of my favorites still. Of course, silk feels better but the blue print is stunning.

5VTwbnI.jpg

ChronBong

Reaction score
The hawaiian shirts are probably my favorite things to wear in warm weather. I feel they do look good with boots as well. I have both the black and red silk ones from ss14 and the blue one from this season is one of my favorites still. Of course, silk feels better but the blue print is stunning.

5VTwbnI.jpg

Are those dior ink me or second round?

overdoz

Reaction score

Has anyone tried on this denim jacket. I would like to know if you went TTS? according to SSENSE measurements or SLP itself a Large would be like a medium?

LA4Lyfe

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

C'mon guys, the latest pages were terrible. All that elitism, and we are speaking of clothes based off vintage and thrift shop finds. We are better than that, seriously. What I wore today: went for the aggressive route - FW14 studded biker, fluid silk tee. Boots are the ones my father had during military service. Also, for the new recruits of this Saint Laurent thread, I think you could find useful my latest two posts on my blog - How to find the season of SLP denim (and some traits to search if you are doing a legit check) http://lustercatcher.com/2016/03/01/saint-laurent-tags-guide-spot-fakes/ And my guide for denim codes, sizing and fit for almost all the denim released by SLP up to now http://lustercatcher.com/2016/02/29/saint-laurent-denim-codes-guide/ I hope you enjoy the pics and the links, cheers guys.
Good look... I've wondered how that jacket fits. Is it similar to the other motos? I'm a 50/48 so I wear 52 in L01

Last edited:

Isolar

Reaction score

Has anyone tried on this denim jacket. I would like to know if you went TTS? according to SSENSE measurements or SLP itself a Large would be like a medium?
I went TTS also. It's slightly short in the body, but going up one size would add at least 5 cm to the chest and waist, making it look way too boxy for my tastes. Plus the sleeves are longer, and as these are fairly loose, it wouldn't look very good. YMMV

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics