• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpencerA

Reaction score
Absolutely loved this collection, it does really feel like a best of Hedi in some ways but that's what we all want anyway, right? The footwear seems to look similar to the "french" boots in shape but with lower heels, I'd love to get a closer look at them, It's going to be really difficult to choose just one pair since I can't afford them all. The guitar leather jacket is awesome with those big rounded 70's lapels, and the "pinched" shape belt buckles are cool. Anyone got links to where detail shots will be posted? Cheers.

Jasonronn

Reaction score
Absolutely loved this collection, it does really feel like a best of Hedi in some ways but that's what we all want anyway, right? The footwear seems to look similar to the "french" boots in shape but with lower heels, I'd love to get a closer look at them, It's going to be really difficult to choose just one pair since I can't afford them all. The guitar leather jacket is awesome with those big rounded 70's lapels, and the "pinched" shape belt buckles are cool. Anyone got links to where detail shots will be posted? Cheers.
http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2016-menswear/saint-laurent/slideshow/details

neonrider

Reaction score
some choice quotes from my gf:

"******* ellen was there, it makes me want to burn all my sl"

"******* justin bieber is literally in the background of every pic on style.com" (true, my favorite quote in this set).

"it makes me so angry you can't really say you're rebelling against the establishment when every cheesy celeb in LA's there"

"all the people i hate were there"

"look at lady gaga, she looks like SUCH a moron"

"seriously, sylvester stallone and his fucked-up family? they're wearing pilati!!"

"everybody looks so ******* confused and sad and trying so hard."

"******* ZAC EFRON?"

"it just smacks of pandering to these people"

i think my own **** this moment came when i saw alexa chung preening and fawning. seriously? alexa chung who makes bad t-shirts?

you know, my gf's got a point. i'm happy, delighted, overjoyed to see hedi have his moment, it's a superb, stellar, genius collection, though also for hedi a predictable, safe, and entirely recycled one.

but the whole adoring celebutard aspect to this stuff is really off-putting. it makes me more and more embarrassed to be seen in this stuff. i don't wanna look like bieber and/or ellen, more to the point bieber and/or ellen shouldn't wanna look like me, we have nothing in common and never will. and i doubt i'm the only one that feels like this.

the collection, ok, nice, sure, but the show...man what an embarrassment. if hedi's going to let his copious genius devolve to overpriced gilded look-at-me-and-how-fabulous-i-am-wear for marsupialed hollywood manufactured celebs even less talented than pete doherty, count me the **** out.

Last edited:

linstar

Reaction score
Jesus calm down man. If you like the clothes wear them, if not don't. You are trying way too hard to 'rebel against the establishment.' No one cares what celebrities were at the show, it has no bearing on the collection.

kpmurphy

Reaction score
Specifically about the Biebs being front and center, it's disappointing and doesn't make any sense.

I do feel like Hedi is the only person who could get Krist Novoselic to attend a runway show.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I don't get taking that stance at all. So you want to look rebellious wearing thousand dollar clothes modeled after vintage store finds and then you're now mad that celebs (the ones who can actually afford wearing loads of this stuff) are seen wearing it? Jesus Christ. No one living the life style Hedi portrays can actually afford this ****. In fact, I would say Lenny wearing SLP or Alexa Chung or Ronson are more true to the brand than a lot of other people I see wearing a pair of leopard print sneakers.

That said, it was a good collection. Venue suited him and his vision and I liked seeing all the male and female models together. It actually really helped seeing everything together as one collection.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, celebrities with very different taste to myself wearing it is nothing new. Seeing Harry Styles and all those Korean pop stars wearing it since AW 13 kind of made me feel a bit sick, and even back in DH days the likes of Take That were even wearing it head to toe. I have to admit though that sometimes the celebrities / rappers combined with the corny **** I see all over instagram does make me not want to be associated with it sometimes, for example the stuff that gets posted here:

https://www.instagram.com/clubsaintlaurentparis/?hl=en

But you just have to live and let live, and most of what I wear isn't really recognisable as being Saint Laurent anyway. What is annoying though is too much of the buy gets taken up with a million colours of Wyatt harness boots and reissue varsity jackets, when it could be being put to better use, and buyers don't seem too prepared to take a chance on something new when they can just buy the hits year after year (I mean hasn't there been enough opportunity for people to grab these items by now?). But then it's a business and I suppose it's good that sales are going well as it's given him free license to do what he wants.

On this collection, even though it's all very nice, and there's some amazing items, I'm just not all that impressed, especially after loving the last two seasons. It just feels like an amalgamation of too many different influences to me. Maybe I just need a bit of time to let it settle.

I do really like the Chelsea boots and the derby shoes. I'll buy both in plain black for sure, but then I already have the French Chelseas and the SS 13 two hole derby shoes which are similar, so they won't be particularly exciting purchases.

I don't like the belts, jeans are sure not to look anything like the runway in terms of fit anymore, and I'm not particularly liking much of the outerwear (nothing jumps out at me anyway). Not much knitwear.

Things that jumped out for me were the velvet boots (awesome, as are the gold and silver), the sequin perfecto (beautiful - love the whole look actually with the cropped jeans and shoes), the look of the derbies / oxfords with the cropped jeans, the checked overcoat, and some of the embroidered items.

Last edited:

Beyondvision

Reaction score
Loved the fashion show and loved the velvet colored boots as well. Think those are a bit more easier to pull off than the mettalic boots. So...just trying to get some opinions from everyone...would you rather get the cigar jodhpurs or wyatt's as a go to boot? Any opinions on people that own both and what they wear more? It seems like the wyatt's are more popular which is what I am leaning towards. Just need to find one in that Tobacco colorway.

therattler

Reaction score
Jesus calm down man. If you like the clothes wear them, if not don't. You are trying way too hard to 'rebel against the establishment.' No one cares what celebrities were at the show, it has no bearing on the collection.

Unfortunately the clothes do not exist in a vacuum, and thus carry connotations wrt their associations with certain people, in this case certain celebrities. Both @neonrider and I find it objectionable that things that we like are going to be recognized as that teddy that bieber was wearing. However elitist it may be, I don't want to be associated with many of the famous faces that are in the headlines today for attending the show. My solution to this is to continue wearing the stuff once the hype dies down. Which I think is coming--things are sticking around longer on grailed for example. Then it'll be cool (for once?).

Hedi has great taste in music, models etc. Why does he invite Efron? Stallone? Why not be as selective with who models his stuff as he is with who shows up on the red carpet?

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately the clothes do not exist in a vacuum, and thus carry connotations wrt their associations with certain people, in this case certain celebrities. Both @neonrider and I find it objectionable that things that we like are going to be recognized as that teddy that bieber was wearing. However elitist it may be, I don't want to be associated with many of the famous faces that are in the headlines today for attending the show. My solution to this is to continue wearing the stuff once the hype dies down. Which I think is coming--things are sticking around longer on grailed for example. Then it'll be cool (for once?).

Hedi has great taste in music, models etc. Why does he invite Efron? Stallone? Why not be as selective with who models his stuff as he is with who shows up on the red carpet?

But how is a celebrity wearing expensive clothing made for rock stars objectionable, or better yet, how does that make it un-cool? Wouldn't it be more apt to be bummed seeing a stock broker wearing Saint Laurent than, well, an actual ******* rock star? Someone like Beiber is living a more rock and roll lifestyle than anyone I know and the dude drops tens of thousands of dollars at Saint Laurent so ****, I would invite him too.

You know what's really rock & roll though, not giving two ***** about what anyone else is wearing and just dressing in things because you like them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads