• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OakGhost

Reaction score
@needhelp123 ya, 39.5 with all my boots( except Santiags) and my babycats are 39. Other brands usually an 8

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the balance/proportion with footwear and pants. From the detail shots it almost looks like that the pointy boots were paired with skinny jeans with wider hem than the ones paired with the derbies.

Still think I'm stuck in time with how I only really like the ss and fw 2013.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seemed like a fun show and a lot of the pieces were obviously cool. The red velvet is pretty awesome and fits LA. i could use LA weather right now (in NYC).

kpmurphy

Reaction score
speaking of LA weather-
My girlfriend gives me **** for wearing leather in LA summer, so I picked up a L01S. I really like it, and will probably get more wear out of it than I ever anticipated

L01 and L01S

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really like the derbys in the shwo especially the sequined one but i wouldn't be bale to wear them much

traCk

Reaction score
alright gentlemen, i cant take it anymore. i need myself a leather so next week im picking up an L01 and i request your help.
i'm 6'3 and weigh 195lbs with a lean/athletic build. what would be the best size for a proper fit?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, you might be on the muscular end of the spectrum. I'm thinking 50 would be safe.

Edit -- judging from the post below, don't listen to me! I haven't progressed from the 2002 DH look. :)

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

alright gentlemen, i cant take it anymore. i need myself a leather so next week im picking up an L01 and i request your help.
i'm 6'3 and weigh 195lbs with a lean/athletic build. what would be the best size for a proper fit?

I'm 5'8 and 168lb with muscular build. Size 52 L01 was a great fit.

Good luck.

Last edited:

ohmydontcry

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the fedora from the FW16 show, I'm selling the SS14 beaver felt fedora in brown which looks to be the same hat. Size 58. PM me for details.

Hedifan

Reaction score

Anyone thinks this look is killer? The pants are out of this world.

OakGhost

Reaction score
@kpmurphy looks great. I'd love to have one of the leather vests...so versatile

cigarsuede

Reaction score
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

What are your thoughts on SLP blazers? I've been looking at some regular black and charcoal ones and although they are very nice, I am struggling to justify the price tag. I love the shape (particularly the padded shoulders) and am thinking about getting one to go with my D01s and Hedi 30 jodhpurs, but at the end of the day I would be spending a huge amount on what appears to be nothing more than a wool jacket. Is there anything special about them quality-wise that justifies the price tag? I know that SLP is expensive in general but I don't see why I should shell out this much for a blazer when I could go to Givenchy or another lux brand and get a similar model for a lot less.

http://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping...rce=criteo&utm_medium=Display&utm_campaign=UK

http://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping...rce=criteo&utm_medium=Display&utm_campaign=UK

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ you have to decide if the price is worth it, it's relative.

FYI, the tailoring/cut of the SLP jacket will be different than the other brands you mentioned. If you want that particular cut, buy the SLP. If you can't try on in store, find one on sale or second hand if you want to explore without paying full retail.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads