1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

SA said as of right now there is no re-order of them in size 39 for the US :((((((

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  2. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Permanent collection items don't show in the line list and staff never know what they will receive as far as that side of the buy goes (that's what I've been told in the UK at least). Pretty sure that they'll be re-stocked, at least in a very similar form.

3. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

Never heard of this before but doesn't sound right. My foot is 26cm, no way in hell would i fit a size 40 according to that scale, 41's get uncomfortable.

Looking at Nike's chart a 27cm length would be a 44. Three shoe size's is loads?!

I've always sized down .5 to 1 depending on material with SL shoes.

[​IMG]

4. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I'd go off the Korean size. My foot is around 29.7 mm without socks, I wear 45 which in Korean sizes is 300 (mm). If I went off the Japanese measurements then I'd need a 44, which I can wear, but would be uncomfortable in the toes, and not leave as much space as one should have.

5. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

I recently got a new suit and am very happy with how it fits except I'm not used to the short jacket length. I know where classic menswear stands so I won't bother asking there but I just want to hear some thoughts on the shorter jacket trend. Body length is same as in the pictures and sleeves hit right at the wrist/aren't cropped at all. I can size up to 46 and have the jacket body hit at my wrist and cover most of my rear but would have to tailor everything else slimmer.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Go with your size at the shoulders; that's the SLP look with the short jacket, and tighter sleeves.

I have all my suit jacket sleeves tailored to the wrist, and your watch should pop if it's big and your shirt sleeves should reach a touch longer. You should feel your suit jacket when you move, i.e., you want it fitted.

Body length is fine, yes, it's going to be more fashion forward but it's much more accepted now so don't expect any strange looks. The days where you had to wear a suit that covered your entire butt like an overcoat are long gone.

The only way I could see you needing to size up is if you're significantly taller than 6'1".

1 person likes this.
  7. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

Yeah, I agree. Hedi isn't even the only designer who cuts jackets shorter these days (he just does it better than everyone else). I'm not even sure I'd call it a trend anymore. Take your normal size, and have the sleeves tailored as needed. Simple.

8. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

Yeah thanks guys that's what I thought. It still looks a little odd to me when the jacket is closed but I love it open - might just never button it. I always get my sleeves shortened to show just about 1/4" of my shirt cuff and never wear a watch.

I don't work in a very conservative place anyway so I shouldn't worry anyway

9. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Tom Ford basically said that a suit jacket always looks better unbuttoned anyway.

1 person likes this.
  10. slann01

slann01 Senior member

2 people like this.
  11. valedictorian

valedictorian Well-Known Member

12. adammb9

adammb9 Well-Known Member

looking for this in a 37 or 38 if anyone can point me in a direction![​IMG]

13. LA4Lyfe

LA4Lyfe Senior member

Pic?

14. 6ixSide

6ixSide Well-Known Member

15. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Well it's in the mens section so..

Don't worry man, men wear womens Celine sunglasses all the time, women wear mens sunglasses all the time.

Plus SLP is supposed to be unisex anyway

16. LA4Lyfe

LA4Lyfe Senior member

Does anybody know the difference between the aw15 d10 mid raw and the ss16 d10 raw

Aw is elast 2% stretch and ss is poly 2%
    But is there any fit difference??

17. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

First post in this thread. Go easy on me. ;)

Is there any concensus on the quality of the current lamb L01 as seen on MrP for instance?

18. KVAEIOU

KVAEIOU Active Member

Hey, welcome. It's very smooth and not heavy. It's sleek and shiny at first and very elegant but it will crease and age quite easily. It looks amazing either way. I find that most people in here prefer the L17 because it's sturdier and more rugged, but I find the L01 to be the perfect biker. I much prefer it to the L17. It is good quality, but it's not going to look like what it looks like now, after years of wear. If you want L01 styling that's more sturdy, check out the calf version on preorder from FW16 on ysl.com

4 people like this.
  19. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

The washed calf L01 looks amazing!

20. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

I think the L01 and L17 actually complement each other nicely, because despite both being biker jackets, they're quite different in many ways. While currently I only own the L17, I see no problem in owning both (aside from financial, of course).

I was actually planning on picking up an L01, but with Hedi leaving, I might have to diversify my warbrobe a little before picking up another biker, despite their differences. Shame.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016