• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

REbelGreaser

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the wisdom guys. I'm passing on this - figured it looked slightly off (though I'm no expert).

One question slightly unrelated. I'm considering either an L17 or L01, and tried on a brand new L01 the other day. It fit perfectly from the front, but felt so tight on the back that I couldn't cross my arms.

The sales associate kept saying that the leather will stretch over time, but wanted to get your guys' thoughts on whether it will meaningfully stretch in the back to actually feel comfortable. Let me know!
yes it will stretch if its lamb , calf only stretches a tiny bit

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone was asking about flannels recently. Picked up this new one from this season and loving how super comfortable it is and made in Japan with snap buttons are bonuses for me. Here are a couple quick pics.
02F81182-5E2D-490C-9129-FB8B7771FBDF.jpeg

A05FA249-8905-4121-8795-452124D60381.jpeg

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
Another day, another question about L01 sizing.

I think I want to finally bite the bullet and buy an L01. I'd like to go Hedi era and I know they fit a little tight, and I think from the research I've done they were particularly tight in 2013. As info my US jacket size is usually 40R, sometimes I can go 38R but I feel like that's usually more in mall brands like J Crew or Banana.

I went to a Saint Laurent outlet today, they had some leather jackets but nothing particularly L01ish. Still here's how they fit. First I tried on was this black coat in a 52. I'd say it fit pretty well, comfortable, not tight, but didn't look big. Cool jacket, but not what I'm after.
IMG-1105.jpg

Then I got them to grab this red jacket in a 50. This was going for just under $1K which is pretty damn good, but again I'd rather save that for what I'm really after. I'd say it definitely felt a little snug but not uncomfortably so. I could still bend my arms. I'd say it was on the edge of where I'd want to go small-size wise.
IMG-1095.jpg

So with that in mind, I have some options on Grailed... To be honest I think this is a great deal and I like the idea of grabbing a 2013 L01 since I've heard those are the best cut/quality, and I really like the softness of lamb leather (realizing now I don't know if this one is calf or lamb, I need to ask the seller). But it's a 50. Again I mean technically that's my size, but I've just heard they're small. They did post measurements and checked the chest against a Julius leather jacket I have, it's similar if not slightly larger.
https://www.gr ailed.com/listings/23628967-hedi-slimane-x-saint-laurent-paris-saint-laurent-ss16-l01-calf-leather-biker-jacket-hedi-era

There's a 52 on Grailed right now but it has a few things going against it. It's a 2016, which whatever that's fine. It's calf leather, which I feel like might be a little stiffer, all things considered I'd prefer lamb. The big one though is he's asking about $1,000 more than the 50, which seems crazy to me.
https://www.gr ailed.com/listings/22695570-saint-laurent-paris-saint-laurent-leather-jacket-l01-ss13

Apologies for the wall of text but any help would be appreciated. It's a big purchase and I'd want to get it right.

Last edited:

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Someone was asking about flannels recently. Picked up this new one from this season and loving how super comfortable it is and made in Japan with snap buttons are bonuses for me. Here are a couple quick pics. View attachment 1666754
View attachment 1666755

That looks good on you, man. And thanks for the help. A red MIJ flannel is high on my list for F/W. I have a blue one so that should give me some versatility.

I think I want to finally bite the bullet and buy an L01. I'd like to go Hedi era and I know they fit a little tight, and I think from the research I've done they were particularly tight in 2013. As info my US jacket size is usually 40R, sometimes I can go 38R but I feel like that's usually more in mall brands like J Crew or Banana.

I went to a Saint Laurent outlet today, they had some leather jackets but nothing particularly L01ish. Still here's how they fit. First I tried on was this black coat in a 52. I'd say it fit pretty well, comfortable, not tight, but didn't look big. Cool jacket, but not what I'm after.
View attachment 1666813

Then I got them to grab this red jacket in a 50. This was going for just under $1K which is pretty damn good, but again I'd rather save that for what I'm really after. I'd say it definitely felt a little snug but not uncomfortably so. I could still bend my arms. I'd say it was on the edge of where I'd want to go small-size wise.
View attachment 1666821

So with that in mind, I have some options on Grailed... To be honest I think this is a great deal and I like the idea of grabbing a 2013 L01 since I've heard those are the best cut/quality, and I really like the softness of lamb leather (realizing now I don't know if this one is calf or lamb, I need to ask the seller). But it's a 50. Again I mean technically that's my size, but I've just heard they're small. They did post measurements and checked the chest against a Julius leather jacket I have, it's similar if not slightly larger.
EDIT: Don't know SF's rules about Grailed links but it doesn't like them so let's just say the seller's asking $2,450.

There's a 52 on Grailed right now but it has a few things going against it. It's a 2016, which whatever that's fine. It's calf leather, which I feel like might be a little stiffer, all things considered I'd prefer lamb. The big one though is he's asking about $1,000 more than the 50, which seems crazy to me.
EDIT: Again no Grailed links, they want $3,500.

Apologies for the wall of text but any help would be appreciated. It's a big purchase and I'd want to get it right.

Not to pressure you into buying something you don't want but I like how those bombers fit on you. Obviously if you want the L01 just go with that, otherwise you're gonna regret the decision. You can post Grailed links with a space in them somewhere so it's still easy for us to use them.

Last edited:

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
Outlet in Woodbury?

Good eye! My first time going, loved it. Unfortunately it's a 3.5 hour drive for me, so not exactly down the street. And thanks for the info about your sizing.

Not to pressure you into buying something you don't want but I like how those bombers fit on you. Obviously if you want the L01 just go with that, otherwise you're gonna regret the decision. You can post Grailed links with a space in them somewhere so it's still easy for use to use them.

No worries man, definitely appreciate the comment and I liked them too. But like you said the L01 is more where my heart's at. And thanks for the info, I went ahead and added a space on those links.
One weird thing I noticed is they list them as 2013 but the tag says 2012, but from what I understand the first iteration for SS13 was produced in 2012 hence the tag.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
No worries man, definitely appreciate the comment and I liked them too. But like you said the L01 is more where my heart's at. And thanks for the info, I went ahead and added a space on those links.
One weird thing I noticed is they list them as 2013 but the tag says 2012, but from what I understand the first iteration for SS13 was produced in 2012 hence the tag.

Yes that happens a lot. SS15 jeans are made in 2014 etc.

silentownage001

Reaction score
Do the SL outlets carry outlet specific items or is it just past seasons? Chicago has both an outlet and boutique. I need to make the trek but it's like 3-3.5 hours and traffic there sucks.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
I have a fw13 L01 and it fits a size smaller than the non hedi l01 offerings. Guys from the Slp facebook group said that the calf l01 did fit tighter than the lamb offerings if that helps. Another note SS16 didn't make any calf l01s but they did use mutton leather instead which is in the link you provided. Hedi calf leather L01s were made only in fw16 and calf leather was mostly used in fall collections. Can't offer any advice on the SS13 since I never handled anything from that collection but maybe old grailed listings or the facebook group could help out. From what I've heard, it fit smaller than fw13.

Dope flannel pickup. The snap slp shirts are my favorite shirts to wear and here's my current collection.

Attachments

• IMG_5396 (2).JPG
    IMG_5396 (2).JPG
    566 KB · Views: 115

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
I have a fw13 L01 and it fits a size smaller than the non hedi l01 offerings. Guys from the Slp facebook group said that the calf l01 did fit tighter than the lamb offerings if that helps. Another note SS16 didn't make any calf l01s but they did use mutton leather instead which is in the link you provided. Hedi calf leather L01s were made only in fw16 and calf leather was mostly used in fall collections. Can't offer any advice on the SS13 since I never handled anything from that collection but maybe old grailed listings or the facebook group could help out. From what I've heard, it fit smaller than fw13.

Awesome, appreciate the info. I'm doing measurements this morning against all my other leather jackets and I may just be being optimistic but a 50 seems right in line with all my other jackets. Is yours calf or lamb? If I have the option I think I'll definitely go lamb, I like the idea of it being softer/stretchier.

jasonladuke0311

Reaction score

View attachment 1666813

View attachment 1666821

https://www.gr ailed.com/listings/23628967-hedi-slimane-x-saint-laurent-paris-saint-laurent-ss16-l01-calf-leather-biker-jacket-hedi-era

https://www.gr ailed.com/listings/22695570-saint-laurent-paris-saint-laurent-leather-jacket-l01-ss13

Bottom fit ?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene