• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted the following on the Boots thread in Classic Menswear, and someone suggested that you gentlemen would have a better ideas as to how or where to wear these boots . . .

When I was out and about yesterday afternoon, I happened to walk into Bergdorf Goodman here in NYC, and trolled (as I am wont to do) the men's shoe department, where I came across the boot shown below, a Saint Laurent Paris black patent leather jodhpur - a striking visual, though I cannot think for whom these boots were designed, or in what context one would wear them. (I might not be alone in this, as they are on sale - EU 43/US 10, just for reference sake . . . )

PXL_20240529_191251658.jpg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted the following on the Boots thread in Classic Menswear, and someone suggested that you gentlemen would have a better ideas as to how or where to wear these boots . . .

When I was out and about yesterday afternoon, I happened to walk into Bergdorf Goodman here in NYC, and trolled (as I am wont to do) the men's shoe department, where I came across the boot shown below, a Saint Laurent Paris black patent leather jodhpur - a striking visual, though I cannot think for whom these boots were designed, or in what context one would wear them. (I might not be alone in this, as they are on sale - EU 43/US 10, just for reference sake . . . )

View attachment 2193247
I believe those are the "Terry" boots, which I actually have in smooth leather. Vacc a few seasons prior had done a similar type of jodhpur called the "clementi", named after the type of boot Pierre Clementi wore in "Belle de jour". Husbands, the French brand, has an article on him on their website, with a not very clear pic of the jodhpurs worn in teh film https://husbands-paris.com/en/men-of-belle-de-jour/

As to how to wear them, I feel like they look better with trousers than denim.

silentownage001

Reaction score

I have the Wyatt zip boots in patent leather. Bought them last year for my wedding this year. In my case I'm wearing a tux with a black velvet jacket. I choose boots over more typical lace-ups or loafers as a way of injecting my own taste/style. Patent leather wasn't even on my radar until an SA had me try patent loafers with a velvet jacket. Loafers still aren't my thing, but since I knew the boots were available I went with patent over plain black.

The patent leather is certainly more limiting than regular black leather and I do agree with the other poster that trousers are better than jeans for these.

I found the comments in the boots thread amusing. Patent boots definitely aren't versatile, but when styled well they add a nice touch.

AJD70_HNL

Reaction score
Hello. Would someone be able to shed some light on these two SLP Wyatt harness boots? They are large sizes. * I am 6'4" and have a large foot* and was pleased YSL offered the Wyatt in a larger size. I actually purchased two for the purpose of trying on and deciding which one to keep. It is impossible to find these sizes on the secondary market like Grailed and Fetched, and any equivalent style from another house only goes up to a size 13 or 14. I really wanted this style with the heel and metal.

"A" I purchased directly from the SL website and was shipped to my home within two days. This style is called "BOXER" and is a rigid leather in black.

"B" I contacted SLP customer service and they found this size in their Costa Mesa California store. I called them and a wonderful SA shipped them to me within 2 days. This has a style called "Marrakesh" and also in black. And just seems a tad softer. Not at all flimsy or used, but just a bit more buttery if that makes sense.

Would anybody be able to tell the years A or B were produced? and which season? What does the moniker "Boxer" and "Marrakesh" refer to. Both boots look identical, although the "B" version (Marrakesh) just seems a bit more buttery. Both have that incredible leather scent and both are new.

I will return one, but yes, I had to pay full price (really no choice if I wanted this style).

Attachments

• A1 Boxer Nero.jpg
    A1 Boxer Nero.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 42
  • B1. 50 Marrakesh Nero .jpg
    B1. 50 Marrakesh Nero .jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 598
  • B2 Marrakesh Nero.jpg
    B2 Marrakesh Nero.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 642

slpldr

Reaction score
Does anyone have an experience washing teddy and/or nylon bomber? Don't really want to go to a dry cleaner, and was wondering if I can just steam teddy, and wash nylon bomber in a cold water.

slpldr

Reaction score
Hey guys, any advice on basic gabardine pants (code 607843 Y404 W1000). Do they run big? I'm size 29 in Vac's jeans, and 29-30 in Hedi-era sizing, should I look for 44 or 46? Is there any difference in the fit between Hedi's era now?

silentownage001

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what day it happened, but the website has been redesigned. Must've been earlier this week as I was on it not that long ago.

I checked some of the categories. Wyatts are still there, but the varsity-style Teddies and the L01 aren't showing up anymore.

@SirGrotius The white colorway has disappeared for our Rive Gauche hoodie. Black is the last color for it. The t-shirt though, still has black and white.

slpldr

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what day it happened, but the website has been redesigned. Must've been earlier this week as I was on it not that long ago.

I checked some of the categories. Wyatts are still there, but the varsity-style Teddies and the L01 aren't showing up anymore.

@SirGrotius The white colorway has disappeared for our Rive Gauche hoodie. Black is the last color for it. The t-shirt though, still has black and white.
Ive expected redesign to happen after few last seasons. Teddy and L01 is still there, but hidden (search by product code or write teddy in search), but there were rumours about their discontinuation

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettFoltaVtgnZ