• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

silentownage001

Reaction score
Sizing advice on the Wyatt Chelsea boots?
Measure size 8 on Brannock.

I'm an 8 in leather sneakers and dress shoes. I took an 8 on my Wyatts and they're the right size. My brannock falls somewhere between 8 and 8.5. And I typically take Nikes in 8.5. Hopefully that helps.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When the jorts were first introduced he styled them that way as well which makes sense because it's for summer. So you can wear a light shirt with jorts and when it gets colder in the evening you throw a blazer on top. I just don't really understand the vampiric top half with jorts on the bottom for the winter.

View attachment 1660180
Yes, I think this one looks better, but I'm still far from sold on it. I'm seriously not vibing on the jorts in general though.

GG Allin

Last edited:

Sweet 2th

Reaction score
I always hand wash with Woolite. Have never experienced shrinkage or fading.
Thanks, Adam. Are you washing regular cotton shirts or specifically viscose/ rayon as it's those ones I'm worried about really.

Thanks for the reply GG, I did see in the search that the question had been asked before but I couldn't see an actual response. Appreciate the heads up though.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just looking into SL boots and found these on Yoox. I actually like the slightly squared off toebox, figuring it might be a touch more comfortable, but I couldn't determine what style SL boots these were, as I couldn't find anything else with the squared off toe. Are these older mainline SL, or something produced for Yoox at a lower quality?
Any insight would be appreciated.
These are horrible, imho. I am not quite sure why this brand is still flapping around as it was passe in the 1980s and retailers then were clsoing YSL boutiques due to slow sales. Why is this brand still around? No direction, no house style, random designers make random clothes and slapping brand on them. YSL had one good collection in one year the rest was total guff. Please tell me what is the YSL value that I am not seeing and what is the reason you are bying YSL?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are horrible, imho. I am not quite sure why this brand is still flapping around as it was passe in the 1980s and retailers then were clsoing YSL boutiques due to slow sales. Why is this brand still around? No direction, no house style, random designers make random clothes and slapping brand on them. YSL had one good collection in one year the rest was total guff. Please tell me what is the YSL value that I am not seeing and what is the reason you are bying YSL?
A lot of us got mad into it when hedi slimane was named head designer (or whatever his official position was). After he left, and Vaccarello took over, there was considerable overlap in terms of the overall aesthetic of the clothes. With this latest disastrous collection, this seems to be changing.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Thanks, Adam. Are you washing regular cotton shirts or specifically viscose/ rayon as it's those ones I'm worried about really.

Thanks for the reply GG, I did see in the search that the question had been asked before but I couldn't see an actual response. Appreciate the heads up though.

I hand wash all my Saint Laurent shirts in woolite dark regardless of material it's made out of. No issues.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to chat with a client advisor about that leather jacket to see if available sans pins or if they were removable but got bored when I realized my size is sold out. The shirt is great ?

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score

Interested to see what that one good collection is that you mention.

I will agree that SL definitely lacks direction right now. Anthony's influences seem to go from Hedi era SL to Aladdin to pirates to vampires. And he's not exactly going all out on any aesthetic. There are some pieces I like here and there but it's not a lot.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
YSL was only great once when he did this.
newton-261115-09.jpg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems quite a lot like you don't know what you're talking about or are just badly attempting to troll
It's a weirdly eccentric opinion that the house was only good at one time, but I'm not too bothered by it. Personally, I think that Vacc's womenswear has been really ******* good (last two seasons a bit less so), but I kinda like the classic ysl vibe with a tit hanging out.
I will agree that SL definitely lacks direction right now. Anthony's influences seem to go from Hedi era SL to Aladdin to pirates to vampires. And he's not exactly going all out on any aesthetic. There are some pieces I like here and there but it's not a lot.
I"m 100% with you on this. The rapid shifts in aesthetic are annoying, but I also was kinda annoyed how the bland west coast vibe was repeated in two ss collections. My patience for camp collar short sleeve button ups is very thin. The last collection was one of the worst things I've seen in my life, but I could still see myself purchasing a few things from it.

By the way, did you say you bought the d08 jeans? If so, how were they?

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I"m 100% with you on this. The rapid shifts in aesthetic are annoying, but I also was kinda annoyed how the bland west coast vibe was repeated in two ss collections. My patience for camp collar short sleeve button ups is very thin. The last collection was one of the worst things I've seen in my life, but I could still see myself purchasing a few things from it.

By the way, did you say you bought the d08 jeans? If so, how were they?

I expected it to be a D18 (Yoox does a horrible job with details) but they turned out to be D14's. They are comparable to the D18 (low waist, slim fit, buttons instead of zipper) but the main difference is that the D14 models have this logo stitch detailing above the left pocket. I don't have a D18 anymore so I can't do an exact size comparison.

thumbnail_IMG_20210829_140334.jpg

image.jpeg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Ok, thanks for that. For some reason I thought that the d18 were midwaist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads