• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mwn11

Reaction score
Just been having another think about these campaign images. I know its early for Vaccarello but as said, its hard not to judge/make assumptions from what we are given considering this has to be a very deliberate choice to start putting images out now just as the palladium stuff drops.

Remove the branding from this image and you learn practically nothing about the brand/design choices

Compare that to a previous campaign image (Yes i know a collection had already been made for this but there is no reason Vaccarello had to put out images now without clothes)

You get so much more of a brand image/identity with the past images. It just seems very rushed and ill thought out. I hope the follow images that are released have a little more content to them indicating what is to come.

scanner

Reaction score
First of all, While I respect Collier Schorr's work, she is a pretty brutal photographer who is in the business of photographing People, mainly powerful women. Nothing wrong with that. However it is like hiring the Rick Owens campaign guys to revamp SLP.

SLP had an edge that spoke beyond art. Like Dior Homme before, SLP Created a new subculture using previous outcast cultures. For example, Dior Homme influenced not only Rock but Techno and is in a subtle way responsible for exploiting the indie dance / dance rock culture that grew out of Hedi's work - Fischerspooner, Libertines, Justice, Erol Alkan, etc. Those guys were inspired by Hedi's influence. What he did with SLP was the same exact thing, Exploit what was already there for years and make outsiders envious that they aren't a part of it. Because of Hedi's SLP work, most of the bands and models that worked with him are household names and we should be so lucky as to be able to witness such talent (most of it). It's like discovering a record that has been around since the 70s for the first time ever.

What Kering has done here is tried to replicate Hedi's work with the same boring 'edgy' ad campaigns that every other fashion house is doing thinking they are creating a culture. Who else but Hedi could get Kanye West so heated? How dare he have more influence over the world over the celebrity whores that are plastered on every news outlet day in and day out?

Also, Collier Schorr's work can also be seen in the latest Lanvin ad campaign among many others as well. Does that make you any more excited about brand loyalty?

**** SLP and **** Kering.

Last edited:

mugatu

Reaction score
There is nothing good to be expected from Vaccallero at SLP. They obviously chose him instead of a designer with stronger identity in a desperate attempt he will hack his way through while Kering figure out what to do with the brand. At best they will maintain the permanent collection giving somewhat of a continuation to Hedi's work, but most likely Vaccallero will drive SLP into minimal bland nothing-ness as these first images suggest, much like KvA did at DH after Hedi's departure.. one more season to go and it's a done deal folks..

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score
<snip>

Compare that to a previous campaign image (Yes i know a collection had already been made for this but there is no reason Vaccarello had to put out images now without clothes)

You get so much more of a brand image/identity with the past images. It just seems very rushed and ill thought out. I hope the follow images that are released have a little more content to them indicating what is to come.

One of my fave images from that campaign - that vacant stare, that sumi ink jacket, that scarf tossed around his neck, still looks badass with a hubba bubba in his mouth fgs
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
nod[1].gif

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Palladium collection that is dropping online looks great to me. It makes me appreciate how much I've grown to like SLP these past few years, and how much I'll miss it going forward. My expectations for Anthony are zero. I guess I'm one of those Hedi guys, but I frankly just like the aesthetic, cuts, and attention to provenance.

SpencerA

Reaction score
Personally I'm glad for respite from all these amazing collections, maybe now I can save some cash!
I'm sure this isn't the last we have seen from Hedi in the fashion world, but for now I guess I'm going back to vintage scrounging and sewing/altering my own stuff; I'm starting to get into pattern drafting in my spare time so maybe that will bear fruit.

I think it was Scanner saying that the quality is bit wanting for the palladium items? That made my heart sink, as I've got the guitar leather jacket on pre-order and as I love the design was hoping it would be well made, any more details on that jacket specifically? How was the fit?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a blazer and white jeans from the Palladium collection and have not noticed any diminution of quality. The blazer is still fully lined, which is a minor miracle these days.

I hear you though, definitely good to save up some cash!

I haven't seen any collections from S/S 2017 in Milan that really caught my eye, but I'm not much into the shows in Italy. ;) Looking at it now, I have some mild interest in Gucci just because of the hype and how wacky, dorky it looks to me in a comical sense.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's like high school lit class in here.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads