1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

guys anyone have the saint laurent bold 1 sunglasses? thinking of getting them

2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

^ Yes. Love them. The quintessential thick-framed sunglass.

3. thorns

thorns Senior member

Bold 1s make quite the statement, so if you can, I would say try them on in person first. So far I have the bold 1s, 5s, and black mirror classic 11. I'm tempted to get gold frame classic 11s and regular black frame/black lens classic 11s, but it is starting to feel kind of excessive...

4. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Anyone wanna share a fitpic? I just wanna see how it looks on face

is it like this

[​IMG]

5. thorns

thorns Senior member

The one you posted is bold 5.

Here are some bold 1s
    https://instagram.com/p/BM73ujIDdSZ/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bold 1s are definitely a more flamboyant style. I feel like Harry Styles and Jude Law don't pull it off.

6. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

The bold 2 is my favourite of all the sunglasses I've tried so far. The classic 1 and 28 are okay too but pretty basic. Haven't tried the bold 1, but they are definitely hard to pull off (but definitely cool if they suit you). Might try the 2 again today if somewhere has them.

7. thorns

thorns Senior member

I also like the ysl2310
    [​IMG]

Although it isn't an Hedi creation, I feel like since he included it in a campaign shot, he approves.

8. SpencerA

SpencerA Active Member

Hi guys, thinking about jeans lately and the transition to Vaccarello; its likely we will see the hedi denim and cuts phased out. I love the mid waist personally and the higher rise just feels and looks better to me so I've been looking to alternative brands to offer something similar, however most skinny jeans are quite low waisted it seems. Any suggestions? I might need to just stock up while they are still available.

9. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

From what I've heard, most of the classic items are staying. That came from the manager at Sloane Street here.

I picked up the classic denim shirt from SS 15 today (makes me wonder what else from old seasons is lying around out the back). Fit is great - very fitted. It's​ also the colour I wanted​, but after getting it I'm not sure if maybe I should have gone with a lighter one. This is the one I got:

[​IMG]

Also, got a small museum briefcase. I already have the large and​ love it, and the small is sleeker with a blazer / suit. Got a brand new one from stock at Harrods as I'd rather not have one from display. Love this bag. Now I need them to bring back the black / gold duffle briefcase or 24 bag.

Tried the classic 28 again too and liked them. Might get them offline so I can look properly at home.

2 people like this.
  10. Supergenius

Supergenius Senior member

I wanted the low top sneakers in metallic silver with the blue metallic stars and red heel tabs. i thought they were part of the permanent collection, but I don't see them anywhere online anymore. I should have pulled the trigger when I first saw them. I'll stop by my local boutique and see if they still have them and I'll be in NY in a couple of weeks so I'll check there, too. Anyone on here have a pair in 44EU/UK10/US11 they want to sell?

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I need a new pair of shades for the summer too. Those slp are on my list too. I like the look but have to try them on. Not sure if they will look that great on a slim face. Chunky frames generally fit a certain face type. I had a pair of moscot that fit ok but weren't that big though.

Also anyone seen these in person? I like skates so drawn to these. 50/50 on the font though. I like it and I don't either.

[​IMG]

12. Supergenius

I've seen them in person at the boutique. I don't have an opinion on the font so much as on the concept. They sort of make me want to buy a pair of PF Flyers or French Palladium sneakers and write Saint Laurent on them with a sharpie. Also, Gucci is doing the same thing with their "punk" jeans this season with writing all over them. Suddenly I feel like I'm in high school again when we thought we were being edgy by writing on our jeans. I guess I just don't get it. I must be getting old...

13. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Kind of what I mean with the font. I don't want the writing at all but I wouldn't mind it so much if it was just a normal logo. Not really feeling the hand writing.

I like the color and the light distressing on them.

14. stoptryinghard

stoptryinghard Active Member

They look tacky af. Remove the writing and they would be much better. This whole logo situation with AV is out of control.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    2 people like this.
  15. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior member

I've read that you want to get sunglasses with polarized lenses, and I don't think SLP's have those. What are people's thoughts on this?
    And I totally agree with this. Someone needs to step in and stop this.

16. Supergenius

As far as the sneakers go, I get the whole high/low thing. What would be funny is if someone bought them, crossed out Saint Laurent and wrote "Nike" or "Converse" or some other cheap brand on them Or better yet, write "Lawnven" :D

1 person likes this.
  17. thorns

thorns Senior member

Get the frames, change lens for polarized lens. Style + substance!

I don't think I can ever embrace logomania. Just doesn't resonate with my core values. I might one day have a "logomania uniform" just because of what it means/fitting in to society.

18. thorns

thorns Senior member

Now I'm tempted to grab a pair just to cross out the brand. Too bad the action betrays that subtle luxury vibe that I like.

19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Or go the golden goose route and stick some duct tape on them lol

1 person likes this.
  20. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Thought the same thing. Great color. Wish there weren't a logo.