• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For AW 13? Slightly yeah. But not enough to be an issue.

realniceeasy

Reaction score

Simple fit today.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scanner if you wouldn't mind would you be able to give a reference for the new indigo D02s please. Many thanks.

therattler

Reaction score
this roll out of new images on the ysl instagram and the email that was sent is really ill conceived. the photos are now featured on the shop men/women pages of the website, followed by the palladium clothes. it makes absolutely no sense.

the instagram page is also a disaster. sure the first three videos combine to form a small banner with the new word mark. but the next one is a repeat of the girls face, then a top right corner of a male torso, followed by another new fresh face. very amateur. that we should not be too quick to judge is increasingly becoming a difficult position to maintain.

and the timing is bizarre. this was supposed to be the launch of the palladium stuff. why not market that hard? and drop all of the new logos etc. just before vacarello's collection in October? apparently these images are going to start appearing in magazines.

pathetic and disappointing but not surprising.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i don't get it either when he hasn't evne put out a collection yet.

Hodor

Reaction score
Where there any black suede wyatts boots made this season ? I'm not a big fan of the chelsea from the website.

Isolar

Reaction score
I initially gave them more credit, but it now seems like Kering are working to undermine the current collection, which may explain the quality issues that have been voiced. Ideally, these images should have come out in fall, after sufficient promotion of the Palladium collection. Not only is this needlessly spiteful, it's just poor business strategy.

If this is intended to hype Vaccarello, and if he is indeed not putting out a collection for SS17, then this is an awfully premature rollout.

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
it's not just the rollout that's horrible, it's the whole idea. wackarello doesn't have the balls or talent for this job, the best that could be hoped is that sl would rein him in. but this is sign that in fact they're empowering him to do whatever.

there really couldn't be anything LESS in tune with hedi's vision of freedom, rebellion, etc, than naked pics of two ******* brain-dead models. it's a very bad sign that these jokers aren't thinking anything through. hell, even every insider i talk to is face palming at it.

so now sl as a company is seeing a mass exodus, people are leaving left and right, nobody wants to be part of this train wreck. the mood is pretty much wrecked.

my guess is that they're going to take the brand waaaay down market and try to cash in that way. or they'll be forced to at any rate.

i'd stock up if i were you. the only silver lining on this turd is that wackarello isn't doing mens next season, only women's, mens will be a rehash/best of collection.

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is SLP skipping SS17 Men and FW16 is remaining for sale until FW17 drops or are the team going to work on somethingfor consumer purchase?

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Back to 284 on ssense. Wonder how easy it would be to make the white areas black or at least a bit darker.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw someone try those in NYC; he looked so ashamed after leaving the fitting room, back into which he hurriedly scurried after seeing the disapproving countenance of his partner.

I'd walk away man. Sale items for SLP are usually not a good idea unless they fit some sort of wardrobe staple/need.

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saw someone try those in NYC; he looked so ashamed after leaving the fitting room, back into which he hurriedly scurried after seeing the disapproving countenance of his partner.

I'd walk away man. Sale items for SLP are usually not a good idea unless they fit some sort of wardrobe staple/need.

I won't wear these haha. Too old for them and they remind me of a cow. Maybe if someone dyes them all black they can be a steal

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are terrible. As are thee grey marbled pair (which I liked, and planned to buy, until I tried them on at the store less than an hour ago).

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are terrible. As are thee grey marbled pair (which I liked, and planned to buy, until I tried them on at the store less than an hour ago).

Agreed. These might be good for on stage one time thing but aren't really ft for normal wear. Need the 2013/ 2014 styles back.

haydrak

Reaction score
There's a multi brand store near me that sells the L01 classic motorcycle jacket in my size at a discount of 25% compared to the continental European price and at a discount of 45% compared to the US price.
That shop clearly has no notion of 'permanent collection' and is discounting SLP and other stuff that are otherwise never on sale.

Since I've recently lost mine in a bar (that was a terrible day, especially knowing that have worn it literally only twice), I wonder whether I should go for it or just leave it as it is?

On the one hand I badly want it back, but on the other hand I noticed that I almost never wore it as it was mainly collecting dust in my closet. Also, the price is still the equivalent of an ugly $2700ish, regardless of the exceptional discount.

Need some decent pros and cons to make up my mind. It is literally bugging me as I know that jacket can be sold any day this week!

Thanks in advance![/quot
If you are not gonna wear it, then don't get it.Thats the only question I ask myself before I buy anything new, "am I going to wear it?" But that's my opinion.
I personally would love the opportunity to get it for that price coz I ll wear the s**t outta that jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads