1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

Very true - thanks for the advice! :)

Thanks a lot :D The only thing holding me back now is the price - I've spent too much on SLP recently

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Jodhpurs and harness boots wear nothing like one another, so I say go for it.

Did anyone pick up the silver Wyatts this season? Seriously considering them.

Also, has anyone seen the crinkled patent leather Jodhpur hi's? Pretty cool.

The infighting at Kering is so petty and childish it's absurd. Actually it's not infighting since Hedi is gone, but you know what I mean. It's like that couple we all know who always gets in arguments in front of everyone. After a while you want nothing to do with them.

3. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

Got the leather jodhpurs a month ago and just got the suede pair in new cigaro, SS17. Man, I regret not picking these up sooner but my experience with slp boots was a negative one so I sore them off. These are a beautiful piece of art. I would like to get a pair of the harness but not sure if my high arch can take the heel high.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

True - perhaps I phrased myself incorrectly. I meant I'd wear the harness boots with the same clothes I wear the jodhpurs with, so it doesn't drastically diversify my fits

I picked up the silver wyatts, and I absolutely love them :D I think silver is a really bold and interesting colour with the potential to look amazing

If you want any information or pictures, feel free to message me ^^

5. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

There's your justification [​IMG]

Honestly to me the two boots you're comparing are totally different - the low jodphur looks more formal (narrower shape/hidden welt, lower heel) whereas the wyatts has a different vibe with it's higher heel, harnesses and shape.

1 person likes this.
  6. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

I am rocking the 60mm chelsea these days. Think the harness are just 40? It takes a bit of getting used to but after about a week I have no problems wearing them.

If you want to pick the harness because they'll be gone from the collection, go ahead. I've personally never liked the harness so my choice was to go for a chelsea boot (elastic sides, some season in 2016 I believe). I usually work in a stylish-casual sort of setting--university, museum, art gallery-type stuff--so the chelsea adds just the right touch of elegance + something extra. Harness kind of looks too cumbersome. I have the 30mm jodhpurs, non-cropped, and of course they are great. The chelseas are a touch more versatile and can move easily between casual and formal.

2 people like this.
  7. volchok

volchok Senior member

Can you post a few more pics? Wanna get a better sense of the color.

8. GEJSkelly

GEJSkelly Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I picked up the silver Wyatts, they're very nice, fit the same as the gold SS16/how I imagine any other Wyatts fit.

The black sole makes them really easy to style, wore them out for New Year's Eve in London and received a lot of compliments on them (helped that half our group were dancing on the tables by the end of the night so they were literally in your face)

9. therattler

therattler Senior member

[​IMG]

@kieran84 Get down to London to try on some of the denim shirts. This one is also kicking around - it's probably the most your style. I have that one, the one you posted and the light one with raw hem. I wear the darker ones almost weekly.

1 person likes this.
  10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Thank you. Yeah I'm going to try and make it down Sunday I think.

11. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice :) I'd buy them in a heartbeat if they weren't so expensive and I hadn't picked up so many SLP pieces recently

12. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

am I the only one who thinks the originally cigaro from FW/SS16 looks better than the lighter "new cigaro"?

13. Denim_Connoisseur

Denim_Connoisseur Well-Known Member

I definitely prefer the sigaro to new sigaro. New sigaro is very bland comparatively, in my opinion.

14. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

Sure

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

Need a side by side comparison

someone post their sigaro pair

16. GEJSkelly

GEJSkelly Active Member

I have this one too (think the style was called 'Nashville'?), nice weight and fit to it although it is pretty long.Would recommend though (don't have a huge amount of experience with SLP shirts though)

17. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

what's it like ordering from ysl.com is it exactly the same as buy from store? i think i may have to pay the slight markup unless someone knows where to buy

black suede chelsea boot in size 42

thanks

18. stoptryinghard

stoptryinghard Active Member

Yoox runs ysl.com and it's just like any other online store. They usually ship items in the typical black Saint Laurent boxes and it's a bit disappointing if you buy a jacket because you won't get a hanger or garment bag (at least from my own experience ordering from them). Luckily, if you happen to also buy from a brick and mortar store they'll hook you up with that stuff. (edit: I meant if you ask your local store)

Never ordered shoes from ysl.com but I assume you should get the dust bags.

19. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

Has anybody seen this yet? Thought it was pretty interesting, claims to be selling Hedi's "personal biker jacket." Sure would make a great collector's item.

https://www.grailed . com/listings/1788714-Saint-Laurent-Paris-Hedi-Slimane-Saint-Laurent-Paris-Personal-Leather-Biker-Jacket

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

The online store is excellent and they ship with suit bags and hangers for cabans, Chesterfields, blazers, leathers, suits, etc., but not for denims and some other casual jackets as these don't actually come with them.