1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Bussit

Bussit Well-Known Member

Unless he wants to wear his pants a little bit loose, But he could look into the 17.5 cut instead.

2. chimpskibot

chimpskibot Well-Known Member

I'm a true us 9 will a size 42 slp lace up boot fit with an insole?

3. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Well-Known Member

Should be okay and you probably won't even need the insole. I have the army lace ups in 43 and I'm a 9.5 and they fit almost perfect.

4. chimpskibot

Do you think you could post some on-foot pics?

5. AlexanderTG

Sure thing. These are random shots from a bit back. And, of course, these are the chocolate suede. No idea how the black leather ones fit.

Hope this helps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. chimpskibot

These look amazing a little better than the leather permenant collection haha!

1 person likes this.
  7. AlexanderTG

^^I did like the shape of the black leather but they seemed too shiny and stiff. These are definitely comfy.

8. nicelikechrist

nicelikechrist Member

17.5 SLP w/ black/blue SL/10H

[​IMG]

the other SL/10H I own

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. nicelikechrist

nicelikechrist Member

I also bought this field jacket recently in a size 50, unfortunately the sleeves were too long on me and I decided to return it. Size 48 wouldve been perfect.

[​IMG]

10. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Well-Known Member

nice fit and love the high tops

11. Jasonronn

Jasonronn Well-Known Member

I was at Barney's in LA last week and noticed a pair of black raw SLP's that were labeled D-05 M/SK-HW. I'm guessing it's a high wasted version of the D-02's. Definitely 15.5 hem or smaller. Anyone seen these or tried em on? They didn't have my size at Barney's.

edit: typo, meant to put D-05 M/SK-HW. Thanks keanswon.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  12. keanswon

keanswon Well-Known Member

I was told the high waisted 15.5's are labeled D05.

13. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Well-Known Member

thats the most retarded shit i've ever heard. I'm 12% bf of lean muscle at 170 5'7 and I eat whenever I'm hungry, whether its at 8pm, 10pm, or 2am it doesn't matter.

14. ExAngel

ExAngel Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised you're 170 / 5'7 if you eat like that.

In other words, you're overweight - http://www.rush.edu/rumc/page-1108048103230.html

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  15. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

You can be 5'7" and jacked but grizzly is not anywhere near 12% bf unless he lost a lot of weight recently. I do agree with his post, though, eating small meals isn't really that helpful. I've lost >15 pounds in the past 2.5 months skipping breakfast, and eating a normal lunch followed by a big ass dinner (no snacks)

16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

To be fair, just because you lost weight doesn't necessarily mean it is the ideal way or best for your body.

1 person likes this.
  17. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

I really think it is portion control. When I used a calorie tracker app (MyNetDiary), I dropped from 177 down all the way to 123. I'm back up to 137, since I was getting so much flak from people for being manoreix but at 5'6" I never felt overly skinny even at 123.

Anyway, my main point is eating smaller portions, and being more mindful of it is a huge boon. It kind of sucks though because eating a lot, not necessarily the same thing, but lots of different awesome things can be fun. :) I never paid too much attention to when or how many sittings I ate, but rather how much I was eating.

There's an interesting philosophy out there called Eat To Live By Joel Furhman (MD!). The main idea is you can as much as you want (i.e. that your body wants) as long as it's fruits and veggies. Very, very little animal products. He really pushes big salads, since leafy greens supposedly expand in your stomach and make you feel full. His thesis is that it's not the macros but the micronutrients that count, and greens, mushrooms, onions, fruits, legumes, etc. pack the most nutrients per calorie. Eat more of these and you'll be healthy and feel naturally satiated. The big drawbacks this plan faces is that's it's one step from veganism, so you will have issues with B12 and Zinc no matter how much he stresses otherwise and he looks terrible, so is not a natural inspiration.

I wonder what Hedi does to stay thin. I noticed he had a fat phase when he released his first SLP collection, but seems to have lost the 40-something belly. Thankfully.

18. rocks

rocks Well-Known Member

Hmm, it' s not as simple as y'all make it out to be. I'm 5'10'' and weighs 150lbs on a good day and it was only recently that I gained 5 pounds since I always hovered around 145. I don't go to the gym; however, I exercise on a daily basis. I eat an organic diet at least 5 days a week. Veges at least 5 days a week, I don't buy any kind of meat ; therefore, if I consume meat it only happens if I'm dining out. I hardly eat snacks except for fruits. Anyway, while I have manage to keep a decent physique even post 30yrs old, some of this is attributed to genetics(or so i tell myself or when people marvel at how I manage this feat). I eat tons of Organic Brown Rice almost every day, these days I've switched to the black variety. I'm lean as can be, bf in single digits. Health, excellent as per my physician. As for eating late, while I don't make it a custom, dinner is eaten late on weekdays sometimes as late as midnight since I attend college at nights. Dieting is a complex issue and there is no one fix for all.

Ps. While I do follow a very strict diet, I still indulge in the forbidden now and then, so as they say moderation is key. Also, I rarely consume alcohol or sweet beverages. Beverage of choice is water almost always. Sugars are avoided and I'd say 99% of what I eat is organic. I have severe allergies so I avoid chemicals as much as i can from laundry care to personal care products. Everything is all natural or Organic. Oh and being "single " helps since there's no one to force you to eat something you shouldn't.

19. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

I didn't say that at all, and obviously there is more than one way to skin a cat, although what i think all methods that work well have in common is calorie counting. My point was that portion control is hardly essential to losing weight, my method leaves you pretty satiated at then end of the day despite running a 500 calorie deficit. I've also lost barely any strength over this period, comparing my 5-rep maxes on lifts then and now.

All those "eat only these types of foods to lose weight" programs are rather stupid, especially that one as most people don't have the nutritional knowledge to stay healthy on a vegetarian diet. Just track how many calories you're eating, it's pretty simple.

20. 10hannes

10hannes Well-Known Member

do you 120lbs dudes actually get laid?