1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. filcol

filcol Senior member

Sorry for annoying sizing advice questions but if I'm a 31 in 15.5 (fits very snug), should I take a 30 in the 17.5 one? Also, has anyone direct comparison fit pics between the 15.5 and 17.5 black stretch jeans, ideally sized the same way? The pictures of the online reteailers are a bit confusing as they size different, sometimes the 17.5 looks skinny as hell, sometimes it is quite baggy on the calves.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  2. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Yeah I know, merely commenting on the absurd theory that Slimane designs only certain pieces sold in SLP stores while the other distributors get cheaper pieces designed at the production facilities (wut?). What happens is quite simple; his studio designs the garments and he has more or less involvement in some pieces, like every other big designer. Stores come to the showroom and they order what they're interested in, following certain rules (i.e. minimum order amount, full size runs etc.), SLP stores going through a similar process but usually carrying an even wider selection. If there are two versions of a shirt (say silk and cotton) then some stores might order one or both or none, like with every other brand.

2 people like this.
  3. moonmanairlift

moonmanairlift Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested - i am selling saint laurent original biker pants in sz 31 for men brand new. Check for my listing.

4. Thatsteez

Thatsteez Well-Known Member

Could anyone recommend a brand with a similar fit to the 15.5 cut? Looking for a light wash, blue jean for the warmer months ahead. I love the cut on my 15.5s but I'm not looking to spend that much on a color I don't wear as much.

Was thinking about something like this and in this price range, even cheaper if possible: http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/jeans/allsaints-blythe-cigarette/?colour=21&category=766

I'm more concerned about the hem at the bottom as SLP boots look best with a super narrow cut.

5. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

Try Kill City or April 77

6. Thatsteez

Thatsteez Well-Known Member

Unluckily they didn't have the light blue wash I was looking for.. Thanks though!

7. seanhaus

seanhaus Member

Has anyone been able to try on or pickup a Saint Laurent suit recently? I'm incredibly skinny (44 in Geller, XS in BoO, etc) so I'm having an incredibly tough time finding one that will fit appropriately before taking it in to the tailor. I'm 5' 8" and 125lbs if that helps.

Thanks!

8. ShinyDuke

ShinyDuke Member

Sorry if this has been asked already, but what is the inseam on SLP jeans? Are they all the same? As in 15.5,17.5,19,21 etc.

9. dsmoove

dsmoove Senior member

Think you're confusing inseam with hem. The inseam on SLP jeans are 34".

10. Franky Paige

Franky Paige Well-Known Member

classic moto jacket owners - size question. Does the waist area stretch? I sized down to get a real snug fit, but have to suck in my stomach to zip it. Should i get my regular size or stick with this one?

11. local

local Member

(woo hoo first post!)

I'm a true 48 and tried on both the 48 and 50 in store. The 48 was perfect for me but definitely snug, i almost felt like it was too snug but I know leather jackets are said to stretch out (plus all the sales associates said the fit was perfect)...I'm surprised you were able to size down even further than your regular size, there's no way I could've done that cuz they are quite slim fitting to begin with.

I didn't try zipping it up but i'm almost certain i would have to suck in my stomach as well. Hope this helps!

12. max-t

max-t Senior member

im really confused about this because i have a flight calf slp bomber that fits perfect in 48 but i tried on the 44 rider and it fit almost perfect, just a tiny bit snug. have yet to try on a 46...

13. g33m

g33m Well-Known Member

Sizing varies slightly with the suits, but generally a 44 will be on par with a Band of Outsiders xs/0. They're slimmer than a lot of Dior 44s I have.

14. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Just to add to this, the standard SLP suit (I have only seen one cut) is akin to the Dior contemporary cut, which is their slimmer model. Dior also has a fuller cut, which you'll see when it's marked with a "r" on the tag, so 44R, 46R, etc. is the fuller, i.e., American cut. SLP and Dior 44s are the same that I have tried.

As to the leathers, wow, I really love the SLP leather but feel they are cut very tight. I wear 44 in everything, but a 44 leather pulls a little at my chest but if I go to 46 the arms are way too long and the waist becomes a bit fuller and the jacket loses the cool effect. Darn.

15. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

So I just got in the teddy with lamb sleeves from AW13 from the eBay seller in the UK. It's pretty sweet and it does fit me. Trouble is the seller must have sprayed it with some sort of Fabreze or some kind of ladies cologne and it reeks after traveling in a tight little (SLP) box. I'm currently airing it out with a window open hoping that takes care of it.

My question is it does say dry cleaning is okay on the tag. But has anyone who has one ever had it cleaned? Wondering about color fade and all. Thanks.

16. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

This is what I do to get smoke etc out of my clothes if basic aeration isn't cutting it: place on hanger with dry cleaning bag. Seal bottom with tape and add activated charcoal or coffee grounds (if you don't mind coffee). Let it hang sealed for a couple days.

1 person likes this.
  17. Somatic

Somatic Senior member

Really wish I had the cash already to just buy the Signature Motorcycle Jacket. Does SLP ever hold sales that would include it?

18. local

local Member

I asked the sales associate if the classic biker ever goes on sales and he said they don't (since they're a "signature" item). Maybe they've been discounted at other retailers in the past though?

19. Somatic

Somatic Senior member

That's what I figured, thanks though bud. Do signature items stay available every year? Like say in another year or two?

20. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Permanent collection items can go on sale outside of the SLP boutiques.

MrPorter had those classic bikers for 50% off and I've seen the classic sneaker go as low as 70% at Bergdorf.