• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jwoowoo

Reaction score
My attempt to get you guys to buy the hawaiian shirt... It's so silky!

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a pair of SLP jeans. I'm a 34 waist (28 inseam, for real) and with not exactly the skinniest of legs in the thighs. Is there a general rule of thumb how these run?

I'm kind of liking the light wash. Definitely not raw denim this time around. A friend tells me to definitely get the stretch denim.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

PattyC

Reaction score

Just opened up a box of the Cordovan Lace-up Army Boot. They are so incredible, these pictures will not do them justice. SAs have to wait a week before we can buy a pair, but these are the first must-haves we've gotten in the store for fall so far. So shiny!
is this colour available online anywhere? Can only seem to find them in black

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that not black?
I ordered a pair of these in black and they looked almost brown, not sure if due to the patent leather.

PattyC

Reaction score
Ah right on, I guess I'll go for the ones on the official site then, thanks.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah right on, I guess I'll go for the ones on the official site then, thanks.
Those aren't black. I never saw that color online either.

Try calling that store, ByGeorge. Last time I was in, those were on sale.

Bussit

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a pair of SLP jeans. I'm a 34 waist (28 inseam, for real) and with not exactly the skinniest of legs in the thighs. Is there a general rule of thumb how these run?

I'm kind of liking the light wash. Definitely not raw denim this time around. A friend tells me to definitely get the stretch denim.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

The 15.5cm is the SKinny, 17.5cm is SLim, and 19cm is STraight-leg model with the 15.5's hugging your legs from the knee down the most out of the three. The waist and thigh will eventually stretch out with the help of elastane or polyurethane. I believe the leg opening is based on a size 32 and goes up .5cm with each size up or down .5cm each size down you go (from 32).

I have meaty thighs (25") and calves (17"), but have no problem wearing the 15.5 black skinnies in 34. I would have tried a 33 because I have a small bit of play in the waist, but it was already sold out.

Sooooooo to answer your question, go with your normal size. By the way, SLP has raws in 100% cotton and cotton & polyurethane/elastane unless you weren't interested in SLP raws from the get go.

Last edited:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Yeah, I still have some raw denim to break in this year so I was looking into the light wash.

I guess I should stay away from the 100% cotton then. I can't really gauge how 2% elastane will make that big of a difference but I suppose it does.

Thanks for your help.

Feryll

Reaction score
How much does an YSL trench coat cost ?
I bought this trench coat (on ebay) for 70£. I think it was a good buy.

Last edited:

keanswon

Reaction score
just got the Classic Wyatt Chelsea Boots in the mail today.
the color is PERFECT - much better than the new beige/sand suede.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics