• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm really tempted to get an L01, wanted one for ages was just wondering is there any huge difference between the womens version and the mens? I'm 5'7 and extremely skinny so I'm worried that the size 44 mens might still be too large for me. Judging from the measurements the main thing I'm worried about is that the sleeves or the length of the jacket might be too long. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of trying one on since nobody sells SLP where I live, which sucks as with such an expensive purchase I want it to be perfect. 

You'll be fine. It's cut small and slim.

bennyy

Reaction score
Buy from Net-a-Porter or Mr Porter, which both have great return policies, or measure yourself against the online measurements and see if they match up.
my problem is that the 44 is a tad slim on the shoulders for me, and the 46 is too big on the sleeves/chest

slann01

Reaction score
my problem is that the 44 is a tad slim on the shoulders for me, and the 46 is too big on the sleeves/chest

Get the 44, leather will definitely stretch with wear, especially in the shoulders area.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to smoke to be able to pull off double riders; this pains me as a former smoker.

slann01

Reaction score

therattler

Reaction score
Interesting comment on the BoF review:

Quote:

Completely misses the point. There is nothing rebellious or interesting about consistently producing something new, original or avant-garde in the age of overproduction. No one is surprised at seeing people attached to other people. How could you be? Ever been to a contemporary art gallery?

But what's grating is Hedi always referencing the same things. Because it's outside the general logic of contemporary society, which runs on the logic of novel production, people get real fired up. His is a refusal to play the game by the rules, or something.

Last edited:

therattler

Reaction score
@slann01 Nice review. I bought that shirt the other day, after much consternation. Turns out I ******* love it--looks great under a blazer, and equally dope under the L01. Everyone should buy it.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think people were uncomfortable at the Rick Owens show as the audience. Its Rick Owens, he has gotten to that level where he can do whatever the hell he wants on the runway (not that others can't) but the key here is for him its normal there is minimal media controversy, people aren't going to go crazy just cause he is showing dicks on the runway or strapping people like this, why? because its Rick, he is good at what he does. Much like Alexander McQueen who had very dark themes at times or all times by then people were expecting something amazing and provocative before each show.

People who are like "WTF he showed dicks on the runway?" They don't know anything about fashion and are SHALLOW. If you had any knowledge you would look past that and think about why? why did Rick do this? What kind of theme or concept is he conveying to us? Then you would be able to better appreciate and at least attempt to understand his work, rather than acting like a 5 yr old. Its kind of like how its normal to just show your **** on the runway because a bra would affect the draping, do we get all hot and heavy over it? No.

Last edited:

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
So I know this is the SLP thread and all, but given that it was the super slim and minimalist cut of the D02 that first caught my eye...

Is anyone familiar with a French company called April 77? Apparently they have a couple of cuts that are also very slim cut. And the Warsaw Raw is a coated black denim model that is strikingly close to the D02 coated model (from this year, I believe?). Also on a related note, I got a pair of Rag and Bone Fit 0 jeans yesterday. Black. Not coated. But it is even skinnier through the thigh and leg than the D02 (and has a smaller leg opening by about a full inch or so). Pretty great fit.

Just curious if anyone's had any experience along these lines.

slann01

Reaction score

So I know this is the SLP thread and all, but given that it was the super slim and minimalist cut of the D02 that first caught my eye...

Is anyone familiar with a French company called April 77? Apparently they have a couple of cuts that are also very slim cut. And the Warsaw Raw is a coated black denim model that is strikingly close to the D02 coated model (from this year, I believe?). Also on a related note, I got a pair of Rag and Bone Fit 0 jeans yesterday. Black. Not coated. But it is even skinnier through the thigh and leg than the D02 (and has a smaller leg opening by about a full inch or so). Pretty great fit.

Just curious if anyone's had any experience along these lines. 

I got a bunch of April 77 denim, they fit more skinny than d02 (maybe the same fit of fw13 SLP d02), good materials and their sizings aren't all over the place like Saint laurent for every damn season. Also during the the sales you can get them for verso low, like 50 eur if you are lucky.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads