• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Intriguing. I'll keep an eye out for April 77. Seems hard to buy outside of the EU--know any American/North American webstores/stockists? Nice to hear they are decent--the prices are especially attractive. I love my D02s but I don't want to have to rely on them too often.

irithis

Reaction score
Interesting - never thought rag & bone had a skinny enough model, any chance you could post a picture of it?

April 77 is decent for the price, and like Slann said the fit is definitely similar to the 13 D02s. Material wise however you would be disappointed - thin and a bit too "stretchy" for my liking, but it's what you get at the price point. I still have 2 pairs that i rotate around with my regular SLP denim. I practically wear jeans all year round so that helps. I believe Barneys had April77s at one point, also revolve clothing carries them (not sure if that's still the case anymore).

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Interesting - never thought rag & bone had a skinny enough model, any chance you could post a picture of it?

April 77 is decent for the price, and like Slann said the fit is definitely similar to the 13 D02s. Material wise however you would be disappointed - thin and a bit too "stretchy" for my liking, but it's what you get at the price point. I still have 2 pairs that i rotate around with my regular SLP denim. I practically wear jeans all year round so that helps. I believe Barneys had April77s at one point, also revolve clothing carries them (not sure if that's still the case anymore).

I'll try posting a pic with the Hedi 30s when I can. It fits *super* skinny and my understanding is the Fit 0 is a newly-introduced cut in the RB denim line. Takes some effort to get the jeans down around the shaft of the boots.

And I hear you on April 77--I don't really expect it to be great material at the price point. It's mostly about the cut for me. D02s have really made me appreciate tapered cuts and I guess I like how stacking looks paired with SLP boots (or sleek boots generally). So I'm on a campaign to acquire a few similar pairs out of interest (also going to get Naked & Famous' superskinny fit power stretch). I tend to favor NF denim generally because it's good everyday stuff for the price. If I like April 77 I'll throw that in the mix.

Black denim is so versatile, IMO. I'm surprised it isn't considered more popular. So easy to dress up, especially if it's minimal. I took the Rag & Bone stitched logo off the back pocket, even.

Edit: Looks like April 77 Warsaw raws (the coated ones) are about $120 shipped to the US from their webstore. Uncertain about duties etc., but that seems a great price for decent denim with what looks like a great cut.

Last edited:

mugatu

Reaction score
A77 have been ripping off Hedi designs since the DH days.. here in Paris they are considered a knock-off brand for teenagers (basically the French version of Cheap Monday). I don't wanna sound too snobby but honestly the quality/fit is terrible imo.. it's really worth saving up for SLP, especially considering they're basic denim isn't that expensive and can often be found on sale at season's end..

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with the above. Brings down the quality here to talk about knock-off brands.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Gents, calm your pants. There's not much information to be had on April 77, and I appreciate the information/viewpoints provided. And Rag & Bone is hardly a knock-off of SLP--and similar products/alternative options are, IMHO, useful things to know. A few posts in 450+ pages doesn't == "bring down...quality."

slann01

Reaction score
Gents, calm your pants. There's not much information to be had on April 77, and I appreciate the information/viewpoints provided. And Rag & Bone is hardly a knock-off of SLP--and similar products/alternative options are, IMHO, useful things to know. A few posts in 450+ pages doesn't == "bring down...quality."

You're totally right. Hell guys, I spent tons of money on Slp and I even have my blog on which I talk about the Hedi designed brand 90% of time, but behaving this way it's just ridiculous. We all know the problems that plague the brand, especially sizing issue on denim (during ss15 i needed to get two size down in the raw black d02 to fit me correctly, something I never done for any other brand), coats that don't fit the way they should, with production models looking completely different from fit shown on the runway and sloppy sleeves, and last but not least the Production shortcuts they took to cut costs on some permanent collection models, like the Wyatt boots. It seems obvious to me if for these items SLP doesn't give me anymore the same product they gave me in the first 2/3 season, I'm going to switch off for another brand for those garments.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My French 60 mm Chelseas in cracked shiny leather arrived yesterday. Just tried them this morning and they are awesome. After I took them off and went back to my cropped jodhpurs, I felt strange without the heel. Definitely something I'd wear more for nights out than day to day though, but very sleek. Very happy. Only annoying thing is I'm having to buy another pair of mid waist because they need a different length hem than the French 45 mm.

neonrider

Reaction score
what's up everyone, it's been a while. today for fall.

OG L17
fw13 zip sweat
blue trash
python wyatt
spare tire

i highly recommend the (extremely rare) black rinse trash denim. trash jeans in washed black denim. much better than the diy-looking raw version. very hard to track down though.

also, if you want any of the sl stuff i'm selling on railed/etc, contact me here, it'll be easier.

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone seen these new lighter wash knee rips? Really like the wash but $750 is steep.

Comparison shots from matches

Last edited:

slann01

Reaction score
For those who wear their cropped jodhpurs regularly how do they age? Do yours look like this? http://zenmarket.jp/rakutenproduct.aspx?itemCode=shopbring:10027841

God, I had my pair for a long time and they don't look at all like the ones you linked. It looks like they put them under a press; the creasing near the shaft is really strange, don't know how that could happen.
what's up everyone, it's been a while. today for fall.

OG L17
fw13 zip sweat
blue trash
python wyatt
spare tire

i highly recommend the (extremely rare) black rinse trash denim. trash jeans in washed black denim. much better than the diy-looking raw version. very hard to track down though.

also, if you want any of the sl stuff i'm selling on railed/etc, contact me here, it'll be easier.

Whew, great. Are the pythons fw13? never seen them anywhere in the Italian boutiques.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same as Slann; I've had my cropped jodhpurs from SS 14 ages and have worn them day in day out, including to raves, gigs, clubs, and in all weather and they don't look anything like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads