1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

should i buy $1.00 rainbow laces and put it on my SL01 to imitate the SS16 sneaker

1 person likes this.
  2. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

Hey guys, selling a pair of these in size 31, wore them twice but thinking I should've sized down to my regular size 30. Lookin to let go for a deal so I can switch up asap. Let me know!

[​IMG]

3. chapuchi

chapuchi Member

Anyone have any experience with getting a leather taken in by the boutiques? Seems like I'm in between a 46 and 44 (mainly body feels a bit big and wouldn't mind taking sleeves up a little). Don't think I'll be able to try on a 44 so might have to go the tailoring route for certain parts.

4. therattler

therattler Senior member

imitation only ever increases desire

2 people like this.
  5. therattler

therattler Senior member

was advised against it and told that the sleeves will naturally go up due to inevitable elbow creasing. in my case it worked and am glad i didn't risk it on a 5k jacket

6. Gabujabu

Gabujabu Well-Known Member

I've also had a hard time trying to find the leathers in 44. Only see the L01 in all black hardware in that size. I tried e-mailing the boutique at King of Prussia (had business card) and got no response.

7. SpencerA

SpencerA Active Member

Do Saint Laurent boutiques not usually stock coats/jackets in 44 or even 42? I was hoping they would have a full run of sizes in most things, when I next make a pilgrimage to London:-D

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Most stores won't carry that size in stock. You'd have to get one transferred in.

9. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

Question to the experts:

I preordered the 40 SS16 chelseas in tan size 41 and 41.5 so I could gauge my size, and I'm noticing 41.5 is definitely roomy, comfortable, but a little big in the instep. Size 41 fits comfortably snug, but only on my right foot is my pinky toe kind of pressing against it (slightly, but it's noticeable given how the heel makes your foot go forward).

Anyone think the 41 would eventually stretch out to be perfect? Or should I just take the 41.5 and accept the extra "stacking" material in the instep?

Example of excess material:

[​IMG]

10. linstar

linstar Senior member

Some stores may have 44s but I have never seen 42s just on the rack. Every piece I have in a 42 I had to have a store transfer it in. Asian build problems.

11. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Shoes aren't supposed to be tight. If your little toe is already squeezed against the edge, then it will only be worse later in the day after wearing them for a while. Leather will of course soften and give a little, but it's always better to buy the correct size.

3 people like this.
  12. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Good lord, what are your measurements that you can wear a 42 jacket? I thought 44/46 was really small especially with SLP's cut.

1 person likes this.
  13. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

thanks!

they are all extremely versatile and i'd say all are equally as comfortable - the chelseas are more definitely annoying to take off

i really love all 3 styles but my go to seem to be the jodhpurs since those have always been my favorite design

I wouldn't hesitate on the chelseas if you do like them since they seem to sell out quickly

1 person likes this.
  14. linstar

linstar Senior member

SLP outerwear cuts aren't especially slim except for a choice few pieces. A lot of items are oversized like the teddy jackets or duffle coats. For reference I'm 5'7 125lbs though. I'm Asian so those measurements aren't really out of the ordinary, just have a small frame.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  15. echau

echau Senior member

Went to SLP to try on the L01. They only had a 46 in stock and it was definitely too small for me. Pretty sure I'm a 48. 5'10" 160lbs.

[​IMG]

Also, I'm really liking this shirt.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. SpencerA

SpencerA Active Member

Yeah that's the thing, depends on the item (some are cut larger or smaller) and how you personally like things to fit i.e I like leather jackets to be pretty small if It's only going on over a t-shirt or shirt. I'd like if I'd go to a SL store to take my time and try a couple of sizes etc before dropping a lot of cash, the right size is important and puts my mind at rest that I tried a range.

17. splitsides

splitsides Well-Known Member

This is true. People make the mistake of buying shoes too tight thinking they're going to stretch. If your toes are hitting in the toe box you need to go up. It's the same as an inseam/sleeve shrinking due to creasing.

18. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Echau I actually think that leather looks okay on you in that size as I doubt you'd ever want to zip one of those up - you'd definitely be best to try both and see which you like more though, but I wouldn't rule that one out. I usually find that the size I can zip / button without any tightness or pulling at the chest and shoulders usually looks bad open, and the size that looks good open is usually slightly too tight to button / zip because of pulling at the chest and shoulders.

1 person likes this.
  19. Hedifan

Hedifan Active Member

True. I bought my SL Santiags in my usual size but the front is so narrow I could barely walk at the end of the day.

20. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

[​IMG]

Another interesting wash

1 person likes this.