• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Disgusted and angered. :rotflmao:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it will look okay on kpop girls

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Collection is LOLOLLLL but then aren't all SLP collections? I'm sure there will be some nice pieces available anyway. As far as presenting a great, unified fashion collection is concerned it is always crap but it doesn't mean many pieces don't work very well in a wardrobe.

Still wondering about Carine Roitfeld/PaulASmith, who supposedly gets to keep pieces from his shoots (and often enough to have an ebay resale sideline, woa!!) and apparently uses SLP jackets in "huge" sizes 50 and 52 for a fashun shoot (was this for Butt magazine?)

note: My friend once had to contact Vogue about returning a ******* pair of sunglasses and they requested to keep them cause Carine really liked them, they said ok but you get the idea. You don't keep stuff from shoots if it is of any value, hell even celebrities tend to get loans (at best).

Last edited:

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
I'm really tempted to get an L01, wanted one for ages was just wondering is there any huge difference between the womens version and the mens? I'm 5'7 and extremely skinny so I'm worried that the size 44 mens might still be too large for me. Judging from the measurements the main thing I'm worried about is that the sleeves or the length of the jacket might be too long. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of trying one on since nobody sells SLP where I live, which sucks as with such an expensive purchase I want it to be perfect.

Illithid Dude

Reaction score
I'm really tempted to get an L01, wanted one for ages was just wondering is there any huge difference between the womens version and the mens? I'm 5'7 and extremely skinny so I'm worried that the size 44 mens might still be too large for me. Judging from the measurements the main thing I'm worried about is that the sleeves or the length of the jacket might be too long. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of trying one on since nobody sells SLP where I live, which sucks as with such an expensive purchase I want it to be perfect.

Buy from Net-a-Porter or Mr Porter, which both have great return policies, or measure yourself against the online measurements and see if they match up.

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
@Illithid Dude Yeh I would but unfortunately Mr Porter doesn't have the L01 at the moment. I took the measurements from Ssense and compared them to the measurements of a jacket I own and I think I'll be alright actually with the 44, assuming Ssesnes measurements are accurate, which they should be.

@swooc Cheers that sort of length does look ok, I think I'll be fine with a 44 after all. Was just worrying too much about it.

fatboyslim

Reaction score
personally, i think hedi's spending too much time partying with the wrong people, and if he's not careful he's going to end up something like an overpriced tailor to the tasteless super rich of a new gilded age. which is not exactly a title that anyone especially with hedi's talent should covet.

This pretty much sums it up.

slann01

Reaction score

I'm 1m.73 for 56 kg, and I tried some bikers in man size 42 and They fit me perfect, i can't think of any online store carrying them in that size though, i think they only sell them at SLP stores. As women sizing, i tried a F38 and it fit me great.

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
@slann01 Cheers I think I'm just going to go with a 44, have never seen the 42 online and I think the 44 will still look fine. Womens version is more expensive as well for some strange reason.

therattler

Reaction score
if you want girls' opinions, my gf has pretty much only worn ysl since hedi's return but she loathed this collection in both practical and symbolic terms so much it was pretty striking, so did nearly every single one of her friends. they were notably disgusted (in a few cases angered) by the whole thing, totally turned off by the basic ideas (or lack thereof) herein. needless to say, not many girls want to look like they're bad imitations of spoiled cokehead models at festivals. and especially not those that hedi's trying to design for.

personally, i think hedi's spending too much time partying with the wrong people, and if he's not careful he's going to end up something like an overpriced tailor to the tasteless super rich of a new gilded age. which is not exactly a title that anyone especially with hedi's talent should covet.

@neonrider Interesting post man. I think I've said it before, but, without the antagonism I don't think it would be Hedi. Imagine if he put out a collection that met unanimous appraisal from critics. It would probably blow--anything worth remembering in time (art, fashion, music) is met with condemnation. Also, who do you think would be the right people that Hedi should hang out with? That he's so incessant with this LA rock and roll thing carries that **** you that's essential.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather my girl look like a spoiled cokehead model than all of the other **** paraded down the runways at FW.

kni123

Reaction score
I went to Bond Street to try the French Chelsea 60 mm boot in cracked shiny leather yesterday. I really liked them and tried them on for a while, but decided to sleep on the decision in the end as the heel is pretty out of my comfort zone. Slept on it and then bought them online this morning as I couldn't resist. I'm not sure how much I'll wear them with the heel, but they are still great. One thing about them is that the cracked shiny leather is amazing with the black jeans, and this particular model will break in and crease up fantastically. I have the 45 snap closure in the same leather (awesome), but I think the Chelsea is a little more me.

For those that have the 60 mm, how much do you wear them, and do you feel self conscious at all?
Once or twice a month.

Having seen the models at the SS15 show I was a bit worried I would like dorky as well. But you quickly get the hang of it. The 80 version would probably be another story.

I find them a bit tough for the feet to wear for longer periods of time. I walked 7 km the other day that was rough in the end. But I'm around 80 kilo. So if you are really skinny it is probably not that much of an issue.

I usually where them with the black leather skinny jeans. Think they look awesome together.

Where did you end up buying the 60 version online? Have only been able to find the 80 one.

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favourite womens labels, Chloe, Celine, Lemaire and Valentino

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads