1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@needhelp123 ya, 39.5 with all my boots( except Santiags) and my babycats are 39. Other brands usually an 8

2. thorns

thorns Senior member

I like the balance/proportion with footwear and pants. From the detail shots it almost looks like that the pointy boots were paired with skinny jeans with wider hem than the ones paired with the derbies.

Still think I'm stuck in time with how I only really like the ss and fw 2013.

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

It seemed like a fun show and a lot of the pieces were obviously cool. The red velvet is pretty awesome and fits LA. i could use LA weather right now (in NYC).

4. Jasonronn

Jasonronn Senior member

it was 90 today

5. kpmurphy

kpmurphy Well-Known Member

speaking of LA weather-
    My girlfriend gives me shit for wearing leather in LA summer, so I picked up a L01S. I really like it, and will probably get more wear out of it than I ever anticipated
    [​IMG]

L01 and L01S
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

i really like the derbys in the shwo especially the sequined one but i wouldn't be bale to wear them much

7. traCk

traCk Active Member

alright gentlemen, i cant take it anymore. i need myself a leather so next week im picking up an L01 and i request your help.
    i'm 6'3 and weigh 195lbs with a lean/athletic build. what would be the best size for a proper fit?

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Hmm, you might be on the muscular end of the spectrum. I'm thinking 50 would be safe.

Edit -- judging from the post below, don't listen to me! I haven't progressed from the 2002 DH look. :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I'm 5'8 and 168lb with muscular build. Size 52 L01 was a great fit.

Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  10. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

If anyone is interested in the fedora from the FW16 show, I'm selling the SS14 beaver felt fedora in brown which looks to be the same hat. Size 58. PM me for details.

[​IMG]

11. Hedifan

Hedifan Active Member

Try a size 52. I'm 6'2 and 185lbs and 52 is snug.

2 people like this.
  12. Hedifan

Hedifan Active Member

[​IMG]
    Anyone thinks this look is killer? The pants are out of this world.

13. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@kpmurphy looks great. I'd love to have one of the leather vests...so versatile

14. cigarsuede

cigarsuede New Member

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

What are your thoughts on SLP blazers? I've been looking at some regular black and charcoal ones and although they are very nice, I am struggling to justify the price tag. I love the shape (particularly the padded shoulders) and am thinking about getting one to go with my D01s and Hedi 30 jodhpurs, but at the end of the day I would be spending a huge amount on what appears to be nothing more than a wool jacket. Is there anything special about them quality-wise that justifies the price tag? I know that SLP is expensive in general but I don't see why I should shell out this much for a blazer when I could go to Givenchy or another lux brand and get a similar model for a lot less.

http://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping...rce=criteo&utm_medium=Display&utm_campaign=UK

http://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping...rce=criteo&utm_medium=Display&utm_campaign=UK

15. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ you have to decide if the price is worth it, it's relative.

FYI, the tailoring/cut of the SLP jacket will be different than the other brands you mentioned. If you want that particular cut, buy the SLP. If you can't try on in store, find one on sale or second hand if you want to explore without paying full retail.

16. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Looking for new size 31 raw hem denim in black. If anyone has some leads for slightly discounted ones I would appreciate it.

17. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Your girlfriend sounds like a really lovely person.

2 people like this.
  18. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

The sequin Oxfords are very nice, as are the lizard Derbies (not as keen on the python ones in that picture). I also really like the Chelsea boot top left, but would prefer to buy a plain black leather. I'd like both the derby and the Chelsea in both plain black calf and some other kind of variation - the black lizard is my favourite so hopefully a good variety will be available.

Seeing the Derby shoes in this show made me revisit my SS 13 derbies with grosgrain trim. Going to wear them tonight with black skinny AW13 jeans, a white DH concealed placket shirt, and my AW 13 black peacoat. I like these ones but the pointed ones from this show are way cooler:

[​IMG]

The tailoring looks very good too. I'm not normally one for peak lapels but the second Chesterfield on the runway looks nice. The circle buckle belt has grown on me too.

2 people like this.
  19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Picked up the mid sneakers for this season from ssense. I wanted the gold laces so set there. Are the other laces sold separately? Wouldn't mind picking up another color

20. sepp

sepp Senior member

Am I the only one who finds the model has slightly abnormally long legs? But, yes the fit looks good.