• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Randeep

Reaction score
Apologies in advance for the questions, and this one in particular which has probably been answered already but:

Did the original fw13 ocher wyatts run smaller/tigher than the fw14 nut?

I have the fw14 in 42.5 which is my exact right size - 42 was too small, 43 a bit loose.

I have a potential opportunity to grab the fw13 in size 43 but I'm cautious in case they turn out too big, and for the price it's a mistake I can't afford to make.

Any advice?

Thanks

slann01

Reaction score

Apologies in advance for the questions, and this one in particular which has probably been answered already but:

Did the original fw13 ocher wyatts run smaller/tigher than the fw14 nut?

I have the fw14 in 42.5 which is my exact right size - 42 was too small, 43 a bit loose.

I have a potential opportunity to grab the fw13 in size 43 but I'm cautious in case they turn out too big, and for the price it's a mistake I can't afford to make.

Any advice?

Thanks

Only difference will be the width of the shaft, the fw13 are definitely narrower there.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmmm debating if it's worth trying to clean stains off my suede Wyatts or just leave as is.

neonrider

Reaction score
they're gonna be big, slann is right. shaft is narrower, foot is slightly narrower, but length is the same.

neonrider

Reaction score
on another note, i'm spending the summer in the states and i have to say buying sl here is a pain, you end up paying at least 30% more than in the eu. wtf.

as for stains, just leave them, they'll fade into the suede over time and only look better.

Last edited:

therattler

Reaction score
@neonrider I agree man, was in vegas went to buy some stuff only to turn around and put that 30% on the tables.

re: stains - I bought a suede brush, which really helps (kind of looks like a white eraser). it doesn't eliminate the stains totally, but I highly recommend getting one

mcking

Reaction score
on another note, i'm spending the summer in the states and i have to say buying sl here is a pain, you end up paying at least 30% more than in the eu. wtf.

Truth. I literally window shop here in the states, try it on, and buy online. It is a rip off here in NYC.

neonrider

Reaction score
it's pretty amazing that no one's found a solution yet. i bought a pair of shoes (stupidly) on sale from europe and got hit with a 40% (!!) duty. wtf.

Prudy

Reaction score
Depending on where you are located in the US internet is irrelevant too as certain states charge sales tax for online as well. SLP prices in the US aren't completely based on tax/customs however - blame Kering for understanding what the US market will tolerate/expect and that US consumers will pay more.

You probably already know but it works the same way going back over the pond as well...

Last edited:

newera90

Reaction score
Do the calf leather and suede leather wyatt fit differently? I got the suede one in 39 it fits good, but I tried on a pair of leather chain one on 39.5 it fits tight. anyone with experience with both of them?

neonrider

Reaction score
yeah, it's really annoying. if any of you guys in the eu are willing to proxy a few things for me over the summer, let me know. of course i'll be happy to work out a deal with you for the service.

the og chain wyatts fit a lot tighter through the ankle and shaft. i can barely wear mine with my usual slightly chunky socks tbh.

Last edited:

ohmydontcry

Reaction score
I'm heading over to the UK the 1st week of August and I've got my fingers crossed the rest of FW15 will be available in-store before I fly back to the states. I know the deals might not be as good as the EU deals, but just looking at the GBP on ysl.com I'll still save some money.

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, it's really annoying. if any of you guys in the eu are willing to proxy a few things for me over the summer, let me know. of course i'll be happy to work out a deal with you for the service.

the og chain wyatts fit a lot tighter through the ankle and shaft. i can barely wear mine with my usual slightly chunky socks tbh.
I am in Australia we pay USD is bullshit our dollar is so weak right now to 0.75

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads