Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

Argh fuck, yeah I should have checked that. I've compared ysl.com to their website and it's nut :(. Cancelling my order now.

2. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

Apologies in advance for the questions, and this one in particular which has probably been answered already but:

Did the original fw13 ocher wyatts run smaller/tigher than the fw14 nut?

I have the fw14 in 42.5 which is my exact right size - 42 was too small, 43 a bit loose.

I have a potential opportunity to grab the fw13 in size 43 but I'm cautious in case they turn out too big, and for the price it's a mistake I can't afford to make.

Any advice?

Thanks

3. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Only difference will be the width of the shaft, the fw13 are definitely narrower there.

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Hmmm debating if it's worth trying to clean stains off my suede Wyatts or just leave as is.

5. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

they're gonna be big, slann is right. shaft is narrower, foot is slightly narrower, but length is the same.

6. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

on another note, i'm spending the summer in the states and i have to say buying sl here is a pain, you end up paying at least 30% more than in the eu. wtf.

as for stains, just leave them, they'll fade into the suede over time and only look better.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015

7. therattler

therattler Senior member

@neonrider I agree man, was in vegas went to buy some stuff only to turn around and put that 30% on the tables.

re: stains - I bought a suede brush, which really helps (kind of looks like a white eraser). it doesn't eliminate the stains totally, but I highly recommend getting one

8. mcking

mcking Senior member

Truth. I literally window shop here in the states, try it on, and buy online. It is a rip off here in NYC.

9. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

it's pretty amazing that no one's found a solution yet. i bought a pair of shoes (stupidly) on sale from europe and got hit with a 40% (!!) duty. wtf.

10. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Depending on where you are located in the US internet is irrelevant too as certain states charge sales tax for online as well. SLP prices in the US aren't completely based on tax/customs however - blame Kering for understanding what the US market will tolerate/expect and that US consumers will pay more.

You probably already know but it works the same way going back over the pond as well...

11. newera90

newera90 Well-Known Member

Do the calf leather and suede leather wyatt fit differently? I got the suede one in 39 it fits good, but I tried on a pair of leather chain one on 39.5 it fits tight. anyone with experience with both of them?

12. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

yeah, it's really annoying. if any of you guys in the eu are willing to proxy a few things for me over the summer, let me know. of course i'll be happy to work out a deal with you for the service.

the og chain wyatts fit a lot tighter through the ankle and shaft. i can barely wear mine with my usual slightly chunky socks tbh.

13. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

I'm heading over to the UK the 1st week of August and I've got my fingers crossed the rest of FW15 will be available in-store before I fly back to the states. I know the deals might not be as good as the EU deals, but just looking at the GBP on ysl.com I'll still save some money.

14. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

I am in Australia we pay USD is bullshit our dollar is so weak right now to 0.75

15. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

black destroyed seem to have dropped on LVR now?